Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the fuck can Newcastle get rid of their owner and we have to keep our bald wanker. I wish it was us instead. Would have loved to be bought out by some tycoon, so we can propel up the league like our fans deserve. Now, we are going to be left behind once again. Depressing and that’s another club we are battling with. Will be near enough impossible to ever get where we were under this fraud regime of ours. #levyout #enicout

And Woolwich feel dangerously close to becoming the next club to be bought out by an ambitious benefactor.

It'll inflate the transfer value of any top player he sells.
It'll enhance the brand of the league increasing future revenue streams throughout.
It'll likely increase future tv deals beyonf their already mind blowing extravagance.

Having another spender to compete with? Levy couldn't give a fuck about that.
He admitted he's not particularly keen on football

This is absolutely true...and to add, the more 'mega clubs' in the league, the more competitive the top end of the league becomes, leading to a more exciting and valuable spectacle.

It also further overpowers the premier league versus other country leagues, as all of the billionaore clubs hoover up the worlds best talent so the prem will have an even greater monopoly.

In essence, a super league is being created one way or another

£305m for Newcastle and enic want £3bn for our club. We're stuck with these cunts aren't we. Looks like the only way to slip the grip of these parasites is free fall and build our way back up. Then hopefully end up with some owners like Leicester passionate about being successful on the pitch instead of hosting boxing matches.

£305m for Newcastle and enic want £3bn for our club. We're stuck with these cunts aren't we. Looks like the only way to slip the grip of these parasites is free fall and build our way back up. Then hopefully end up with some owners like Leicester passionate about being successful on the pitch instead of hosting boxing matches.
Or Villa’s

I’m 32. We’re stuck with this shower indefinitely. Newcastle are the new member of the so called top 6. That news is terrible for our owners (the only saving Grace) so hopefully they will pack up and fuck off. But they won’t. To dare is to do. Lady Gaga yes. Anything else no.

Maybe in a few seasons, when the newcs, arse, leicester etc start regularly finishing ahead of us and we are languishing in 8th to 10th every season. Then the £3bn price tag may come down.

Does putting money into a Football club create success. Of course it does just look at MC & Chelsea. Our owners do not put any money into the club and there is nothing we can do to change that. They are far from alone in that. Our best players over the last 10 years are Bale, Modric, Eriksen, Kane, Son & Dembele and none of them cost a high transfer fee. Our biggest purchases are Ndombele & Lo Celso and they have not justified the fees.
We have certainly lost our way over the past few years but I really cannot see ENIC going. Therefore we need to concentrate in getting back to where we were just a few years ago. The real problem is we are buying duds in the transfer market and whilst we cannot compete with some richer clubs we can against most of the PL. The Newcastle purchase will make it harder but to get success we need to buy a New Modric or Bale and get a new Poch (Not bring the old one back). Levy stepping away from interfering in Football matters is a good step although many do not recognise the change. Hitchen needs to go and we need better scouts. I see lesser clubs than us have affordable players against us and think why did we not buy that player.
Money is not a guarantee of success, just look at MU after Fergie. Yes I would like whoever owns the club to put money in but I cannot see it happening anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom