Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The royal family live like billionaires today because “God chose their ancestors”

At least Joe Lewis worked and doesn’t sponge of the populous

I think it’s a bit silly calling out a legal businessman as some kind of Reggie Kray because we’re shit. Would it be ok he lives in the Bahamas if we won a few cups?

ENIC etc have their faults but fake criminal accusations just make you look silly, especially if you’re pining for owners who only allowed women to drive two years ago

Stop being silly spammy.

Oh wait……in an alternative universe Spurs have won every final they’ve lost under ENIC.
That would be by my reckoning, Carabou 2001, 2009, 2015, 2021 and a CL in 2019

Yes, I’m sure the fanbase would be sitting here calling Joe Lewis a criminal tax dodger

Yeah. We're not in an alternative universe spammy.

Try and stick to the facts. I get its Halloween today but leave the make believe for children please.

Thanks.

Yeah. We're not in an alternative universe spammy.

Try and stick to the facts. I get its Halloween today but leave the make believe for children please.

Thanks.
Yes.
The facts are if we had been successful no one would give a fuck if Joe Lewis paid taxes or not

In fact, had he invested 100s of millions of money earned through loopholes into the team, and we had “done a chelsea” you’d be sucking him off.

So drop the moral nonsense

Yes.
The facts are if we had been successful no one would give a fuck if Joe Lewis paid taxes or not

In fact, had he invested 100s of millions of money earned through loopholes into the team, and we had “done a chelsea” you’d be sucking him off.

So drop the moral nonsense

That's a lot of make believe even for Halloween.

Lay down the pipe bruh.

Face reality.

If ENIC think getting Nuno out for another dinosaur Mendes client will work it will be even worse as fans will see the writing on the wall of our permanent decline to mid table and below.

They need to pull a rabbit out the hat or booing will be the theme for the whole season.

The way I see it Enic are not going to invest as the path to the money tree (champions league) is sown up with Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United(a few tweaks and they will push on again), and in a year or two Newcastle.

The super league was the only hope and at this stage I reckon Enic are saying what's the point in investing to finish between 6th and 12th place. Anyway they never invested enough anyway but it will be worse now.

Just wish they would sign a few players with a bit of fight in them instead of these wasters on high wages that you couldn't give away at this stage.
Oh and a competent manager.

Completely and utterly irrelevant
The only point is that had ENIC invested more and we’d win stuff no one would care about Joe Lewis taxes

I agree. Nobody would care...or at least not care too much bar some gentle frowning upon the tax dodging.

I had to respond to the possibility of winning finals though, because i don't want to risk anybody mistaking a series of "unlikely to win" finals as a measure of success

I agree. Nobody would care...or at least not care too much bar some gentle frowning upon the tax dodging.

I had to respond to the possibility of winning finals though, because i don't want to risk anybody mistaking a series of "unlikely to win" finals as a measure of success
Unlikely to win? That would make an excuse for ENIC.
They were all winnable but that wasn’t the point

The royal family live like billionaires today because “God chose their ancestors”

At least Joe Lewis worked and doesn’t sponge of the populous

I think it’s a bit silly calling out a legal businessman as some kind of Reggie Kray because we’re shit. Would it be ok he lives in the Bahamas if we won a few cups?

ENIC etc have their faults but fake criminal accusations just make you look silly, especially if you’re pining for owners who only allowed women to drive two years ago
I think there's a couple of points to pick up on here.

Personally, I have no problem with the shady past of our owners or how they accumulated their wealth. It's the Goddamn hypocrisy of some of ENICs supporters criticising other dubious owners of other clubs for investing in their football teams when ours clearly have no interest.

This is why it regularly gets brought up.

Secondly, what many of us find gut wrenching and appalling, is Levy and Lewis using one of the biggest clubs in the country, OUR CLUB, to further their own property investment portfolio and increase their own personal wealth, while at the same time watching our under invested mess of a squad flounder and constantly lying to, and patronising, our supporters.

They have no interest in football. Only making money off the back of football.

Completely and utterly irrelevant
The only point is that had ENIC invested more and we’d win stuff no one would care about Joe Lewis taxes
Like I said, I don't care about his taxes. I just want owners who want to invest in a winning football team and I'm sick to death of apologetic cunts pretending we're doing things the right way.
Our owners are shady, greedy cunts. My proplem is they are shady, greedy cunts who have no interest in seeing Spurs win.

Personally, I have no problem with the shady past of our owners or how they accumulated their wealth. It's the Goddamn hypocrisy of some of ENICs supporters criticising other dubious owners of other clubs for investing in their football teams when ours clearly have no interest.

This is why it regularly gets brought up.
Bingo. This point is getting very misconstrued.

You don't hear it so much anymore thank goodness, but that notion that ENIC operate "the right way" deserves endless ridicule.

Oh wait……in an alternative universe Spurs have won every final they’ve lost under ENIC.
That would be by my reckoning, Carabou 2001, 2009, 2015, 2021 and a CL in 2019

Yes, I’m sure the fanbase would be sitting here calling Joe Lewis a criminal tax dodger
Bloody hell Sammy , you do know how Lewis made his £££? Ruined many people’s lives . Read up about him .

The putting TH properties in a tax haven probably means little but it feels dodgy . There’s so much more about ENIC that raises questions . Buying land off THFC at cut prices & then making us own the debt , not ENIC yet we are tenants ??

Fucking weird

Bloody hell Sammy , you do know how Lewis made his £££? Ruined many people’s lives . Read up about him .

The putting TH properties in a tax haven probably means little but it feels dodgy . There’s so much more about ENIC that raises questions . Buying land off THFC at cut prices & then making us own the debt , not ENIC yet we are tenants ??

Fucking weird
I have no opinion on Joe Lewis and how he made his money, just like I wouldn’t if we had won stuff
Done with this one now

Back
Top Bottom