Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tight?

3059211_Tottenham-Hotspur_new-stadium-development_7.jpg

The transfer window is like ground hog day. By now it should be clear that most of our business will be concluded in the latter stages of the window ( as is the case with most of the market), that there will be no high profile signings ( not for a club with our resources and current capital commitments) And yet the expectation is always the opposite bizzare.

Dont want American 'investors' anywhere our club, looking at Glazers, Fenway, Kronke, Lerner. They are all a bunch of sharks.

I'd much rather we go for an Asian investor. At least there are some cases where that has worked out decently (Leicester, the new owner in Villa seems to be doing things right after a bumpy start, West Brom as well) than a yank who won't be present in any way shape or form.

Would also make sense with how hard we are going at marketing ourselves in Asia with AIA etc.

I had heard ENIC already turned down a chinese offer of around £2-3bn recently.

I'd be very surprised if we sold for anything less than £3Bn given how lucrative the league is now and the continued growth, and the assets we have in place/almost in place in terms of players and facilities. The value of the club in five years time, if we have on field success as well, could easily be pushing over £5Bn in my view.

Brilliant, finally given up on player transfers now the masses are going to spend Sunday talking about transferring the actual club!!

Go outside it's boiling!

2782d917d035d4ea56e9b1f83d2a2a7c.jpg

Dont want American 'investors' anywhere our club, looking at Glazers, Fenway, Kronke, Lerner. They are all a bunch of sharks.

I think it's inevitable we will eventually sold to someone who can put PL + NFL = 2.5 or 3 instead of 2

I can see the attraction to Zuckerberg as well - live streaming of PL football via Facebook

Back
Top Bottom