Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like you need to spend/earn more money.

Isn't that what you want ENIC to do?
Yes, £300 million each transfer window. That’s the answer you seem to want to hear.

Scouting properly, addressing squad issues and positions in need of improvement in a timely manner would be a nice start. Having a sound plan/ethic would be good too rather than the continual managerial merry go round. Levy to admit he isn’t some kind of football genius snd leave that to the experts.

Occasionally, pushing the boat out for the right player and not putting in low, low bids that are never going to be accepted.

Seeing when an opportunity arises and showing a bit of daring aka a good league position in Jan and using that transfer window wisely.

Dare is to do? What a load of bollocks, this lot certainly don’t.

I strongly suspect Levy and Tottenham aren’t taken seriously by the footballing world.

And so on, I’ve only just scratched the surface.

Ambition doesn’t always have to cost shitloads of money. Common sense is free.

DeAndre Yedlin
This was definitely a commercial move rather than a footballing one. Yedlin was a young, popular player in a fast-emerging potentially mass-market. Even if he failed, most of the money could be recouped in his potential.
Levy has, rightly, had an eye for the North American market. You can probably add the Alex Morgan loan — she has more social media followers than our club —and Clint Dempsey. I know several US fans who started following Spurs as a result of the Dempsey transfer.
While we’re at it, I’m pretty sure that Levy had one eye on the commercial side of things when we signed Sonny although this one has worked out rather well.

100%.

There are (approx.) zero/zilch/nil/nought ENIC "fans" on this forum.
Depends what you mean by fans. I think there's plenty who would feel like there's a big hole in their life if Levy was to walk or ENIC sold up. A few would probably give up on football and search for a new hobby to fill the void.
A minority of the more fanatical ones may even seek counselling.

Last edited:
So reading this thread, and seeing there were no posts for 24 hours after the game, am I right in saying that if we win a game Enic are ok but if we lose they have to be booted out?

Just curious, because that’s clearly the way some fans think.

Who are you even? I don't think I've seen you in this thread until Spurs won a couple of games.

You have your mainstays in this thread who point out the plus sides of ENIC's tenure even when the club go through a bad patch (Airfixx, Steve, outsider, ShadyDan).

And yet, you seem to only turn up after a win?

Funny that.

Depends what you mean by fans. I think there's plenty who would feel like there's a big hole in their life if Levy was to walk or ENIC sold up. A few would probably give up on football and search for a new hobby to fill the void

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I think there's plenty here who preferred when you were a Joan, not a John.

But they don't spam every damn thread about it.

This was definitely a commercial move rather than a footballing one. Yedlin was a young, popular player in a fast-emerging potentially mass-market. Even if he failed, most of the money could be recouped in his potential.
Levy has, rightly, had an eye for the North American market. You can probably add the Alex Morgan loan — she has more social media followers than our club —and Clint Dempsey. I know several US fans who started following Spurs as a result of the Dempsey transfer.
While we’re at it, I’m pretty sure that Levy had one eye on the commercial side of things when we signed Sonny although this one has worked out rather well.
I actually think we've completely dropped the ball scouting American talent. As have most English clubs TBF, with the exception of (some) dual-nationals.

That's being led by a handful of German, Italian and Spanish clubs.

I'm not privy to the specifics, but this may be down to a bureaucratic matter of academy/schooling or work permits for young, foreign players???

I know that the path to citizenship in many European countries for Yanks is fairly straightforward (grandparental) and can be expedited ($$$).

Who are you even? I don't think I've seen you in this thread until Spurs won a couple of games.

You have your mainstays in this thread who point out the plus sides of ENIC's tenure even when the club go through a bad patch (Airfixx, Steve, outsider, ShadyDan).

And yet, you seem to only turn up after a win?

Funny that.
I’m an Enic bot apparently.

Is there honestly a need to bump the thread every day to remind some of all ENIC's multiple failings even after we actually fucking win a game that sets us up for a good weekend?
Exactly this. A result where we can all celebrate and avoid the negativity for a few days, yet a few ENIC die hards just can't help stirring the pot and trying to create friction.

Shame on them

Back
Top Bottom