Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
I think it's fair to say we're now down to the fanatics who will never stop supporting them. Ever.
Levy fans first. Spurs fans a distant second. If ENiC sold up and brought another club, these weirdos will probably move with them.
They’re some who would say “Well these new owners wouldn’t own Spurs if Levy didn’t sell it to them, so any future success is mainly down to Levy”…..

The thing is with ENIC out is that it has always been fickle.

If we sacked Nuno tomorrow and appointed a manager that gave us an instant lift, this thread would be dead.
In years gone by you are 100% correct…..Problem is, Klopp could take the job Monday morning but I seriously doubt the silver would follow, we would destroy him….Klopp would get us punching well above our weight and that would be good enough for ENIC (see Pochettino for details)

The current ownership has run its course for many reasons, not just the current performances, and as most fans, even those who currently hate Nuno, don’t really blame Nuno….

Think about this, we hired Nuno asa desperate move because no self respecting manager would take the job, and no decent manager was ever going to leave their current club to come here…..

Levy treaded water for years with his zero net spend, like you said, results on the pitch deflected from him, but you can only tread water for so long before you drown, Levy is drowning, and the only one who can save him is a lifeguard carrying a billion quid…That lifeguard isn’t coming so Levy will eventually drown, the question is, will he take the ship down with him….?

In years gone by you are 100% correct…..Problem is, Klopp could take the job Monday morning but I seriously doubt the silver would follow, we would destroy him….Klopp would get us punching well above our weight and that would be good enough for ENIC (see Pochettino for details)

The current ownership has run its course for many reasons, not just the current performances, and as most fans, even those who currently hate Nuno, don’t really blame Nuno….

Think about this, we hired Nuno asa desperate move because no self respecting manager would take the job, and no decent manager was ever going to leave their current club to come here…..

Levy treaded water for years with his zero net spend, like you said, results on the pitch deflected from him, but you can only tread water for so long before you drown, Levy is drowning, and the only one who can save him is a lifeguard carrying a billion quid…That lifeguard isn’t coming so Levy will eventually drown, the question is, will he take the ship down with him….?
Hear Hear! Probably the best post this month.

As a season ticket holder of many years I can’t remember a time I felt that despondent at half time.

There were periods under AVB and pre Jol but it was an accepted fact then we weren’t great. But they would be offset by the odd “win”

Seeing these limp, lifeless performances is draining me

What we’re seeing on the pitch now is worse than the go to excuse of saying the 90’s were bad . It’s bloody abysmal. You’re hearing so many fans just saying to watch us now is draining & they’re losing interest.

What we’re seeing on the pitch now is worse than the go to excuse of saying the 90’s were bad . It’s bloody abysmal. You’re hearing so many fans just saying to watch us now is draining & they’re losing interest.

It’s AVB with worse results. The 90’s where definitely better bar 1-2 seasons and even the bad seasons we could score.

Nuno I just feel sorry for, guy totally out of his depth drowning.

Yeah after Klinsmann left in 1995 to Jol being appointed in 2004 it was wretched but it was no worse than this and really not much worse than what we've been served up for 2.5 seasons now.
I think it had a bit more soul back then as I remember. I don't know if that's nostalgia talking and me missing the old ground but I don't remember it feeling as bad as this. I'm feeling really low about our club right this minute.

None of what matters feels right.

Three goal batterings are never fun, but it's extra salt in the wounds when it takes place at home in one of the swankiest football stadiums ever built. There's such a big disconnect between the dinner table and the food being served on it. Lift the meat dome and it's a block of jellified spam.

Levy and ENIC appear to have gone as far as they are able. Their model isn't going to cut it in the approaching era. They're rear guard. Time for their reign to end.

Back
Top Bottom