Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok so you're saying that Levy provided tools for Ramos, Jol, Harry and Poch but yet you only blame Poch for not winning things. You don't think he provided tools for Hoddle even though we beat Chelsea 5-1 in the semi and got ourselves into the final.

So Hoddle escapes blame for losing.
Jol escapes blame for eventually losing to chelsea over two matches when were 3-0 up against them in the FA cup quarter final.
Harry escapes blame for losing to portsmouth in an FA cup semi.
AVB escapes blame for losing to Basel in the Europa cup.
Levy escapes blame even though he employed all these managers that have won 1 trophy in 18 years.

Only Poch is to blame....
That doesn't seem fair or logical.
I’m saying what my post said.
If you don’t know what I’m saying from the words I type, me typing more words won’t help you

Levy's biggest 'recent' mistakes:

1. Signing Njie, Nkoudo, Vincent. All 3 sold for loss. Poch gave them every chance but not good enough. They are in Moscow, Turkey and Mexico now, says it all.
2. Selling Tripps cheap and not replacing him. He is at Athletico Madrid now.
3. Releasing Llorente and not replacing him. He is at Roma now.
4. Dithering and haggling for 12 months and then crawl and pay the full asking price for an injured player Sessignon. What can Poch do!
5. Not sorting contracts or selling of Toby, Vert and Eriksen. All 3 may go for free at the end of the season.
6. Signing players last minute, eg. LoCelso. How many times Poch asked for early business!
7. Not backing the best manager we had for a very long time.
8. Selling Demble in the middle of a season, Jan 2019, without replacing. No coincident, since then our poor run.
9. To add as VoiceOfThePoshSeats VoiceOfThePoshSeats stated "turning down Cahill and Tevez and buying Saha and Nelson as the biggest mistake".

Financially, the above may cost our club a massive loss of over £150m, a figure represents the equivalent net spend of 5 seasons. This is why where we are now in the table and the state of our squad without decent full backs, DM or a back up striker.

Last edited:
We got stale. Unless you have a golden generation like Barcelona had or a all star squad like Real Madrid had those years and Milan back in the day new signings are obligatory. Ferguson knew best
I remember feeling at the time that we were doing so well in keeping all our key players, so wasn't too concerned that we hadn't made any signings. Also with the experience of the way we squandered most of the Bale money, I was ok with not refreshing the squad. Shows how much I know, that policy has come back to bite us - hard! All factions of the club now need to own responsibility for putting it right.

He's given more trust to Poch than anybody else though by far and Poch has also handled him much better than any other manager has.
Maybe so but his way of doing business and holding up every transfer with his ridiculous haggling and lowballing doesn't help.

1. Signing Njie, Nkoudo, Vincent. All 3 sold for loss. Poch gave them every chance but not good enough. They are in Moscow, Turkey and Mexico now, says it all.
4. Dithering and haggling for 12 months and then crawl and pay the full asking price for an injured player Sessignon. What can Poch do!
5. Not sorting contracts or selling of Toby, Vert and Eriksen. All 3 may go for free at the end of the season.
6. Signing players last minute, eg. LoCelso. How many times Poch asked for early business!
8. Selling Demble in the middle of a season, Jan 2019, without replacing. No coincident, since then our poor run.

Financially, the above may cost our club a massive loss of over £150m, a figure represents the equivalent net spend of 5 seasons. This is why where we are now in the table and the state of our squad without decent full backs, DM or a back up striker.

Did Levy make Poch play CE, Aurier, Rose and Dele on Sunday?

Did Levy prevent Poch from making substitutions sooner
Tanguay and Lo Celso

Nobody is saying it’s all Poch’s fault but he needs to go

Id put turning down Cahill and Tevez and buying Saha and Nelson as the biggest mistake.
Berbatov was a farce as awell.

Where we are is 100% down to both Levy and Poch from the perspective of infrastructure and taking a team beyond its theoretical limits. ENIC have prioritised infrastructure over playing staff for the last 2 seasons. So be it. Right call in my view.

My frustration is that not so long ago we had a very clear philosophy. Poch's philosophy. Which for the first time in my memory was actually feared by our opponents. That has long gone and the same magic spells don't work on this team.

Replace either of them but replacing Poch won't take 5 years to come back.
I don't see how we stop it happening with every group of players we get. The top 4 trophy novelty eventually doesn't really motivate them after a few years. So unless enic/levy spend the required amount to win major titles, we will have the same problem of reaching our ceiling with a set of players, then having to rebuild & start again as that group gets older & loses motivation.

Last edited:

Tanguay and Lo Celso

We will never know whether Levy has a hand/influence in team selection.

Agree, but any top manager can not work with the current regime.

Buying cheap and cheerful does not work in the EPL.

Tanguay and Lo Celso

Yeah he did, because he buys/sells the players and that’s what he provided Poch with.

Re Lo Celso, how is anyone expecting Poch to use a player who was bought right at the end of the window with little integration?

Yeah he did, because he buys/sells the players and that’s what he provided Poch with.

Re Lo Celso, how is anyone expecting Poch to use a player who was bought right at the end of the window with little integration?

I’m on about tactics, formation, team selection and when to use substitutes

That’s down to Poch and he keeps fucking up

Get rid by Xmas or sooner if we lose on Sunday

Enough is enough

He plays football how much integration does it really take? Its now November im sure he can integrate into the awful football the club is now playing just fine. Almost anything is an improvement

Back
Top Bottom