Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup 3rd Round - Postponed - Spurs receive a bye

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alli can start but not at centre forward.

Yeah we could beat them without Kane or Son on the pitch and a makeshift striker in their place but it would be a risk.

Ideally we would have someone like Weghorst step in to have someone that knows the role up top but we don't so Son or Kane should start there to try to kill the game early.

We are a very inconsistent team at the moment and given that we will play a complete B team against Leyton I think it's still fine for the main players to be doing Thurs and Sunday games - that is not too excessive considering the season has just started.

I agree about Alli. I was filling out the line-up and realized that I hadn't included him so threw him in that spot. If that was the team I would likely go with Moura, or even Lamela, ahead of Alli in the striker role. It really does show that we need a striker to play in these games.

For me I would put some of the top team in the Leyton Orient game because it isn't as close to the Newcastle game and they don't have to travel.

I think what the team I proposed is missing is creativity in MF and a striker. Its why it would be nice to have a guy like David Brooks or similar to have on our bench and who could play in the EL games to provide some creativity.

I just hate the idea of seeing Kane running around on a crappy Macedonian pitch and then sitting for 5 hours each way on a plane, even if it is a beautiful charter plane with more room and better seats than Ryan Air (or whatever the discount airline you guys have running over there now.)

The 7 squad members left at home were: Gazzaniga, Foyth, Carter-Vickers, Gedson, Sessegnon, Dele, Clarke. That is not counting Rose, who let's face it is never playing for us again.

I reckon 5 of those could start on Tuesday. Could be something like:

Hart
Gedson - Foyth - Carter Vickers - Regilon
Sissoko - Winks
Bergwijn - Lamela - Sessegnon
Dele

That is a lot of first team guys that we will need on the weekend and potentially on Thursday as well.

I was hoping we would have played a B team against Plovdiv and rested some of our top guys but it appears Jose is happy to run guys into the ground so you are likely right but hopefully we can start playing some of our depth/young guys rather than keeping on running out our top guys multiple times a week.
:dembele:
Mate, the Europa is our most important competition this season, next to the PL. It was a knockout game he didn’t want any mistakes in. Why would he like to run his own players into the ground with the kind of fixture pile up he has to manage?!

:dembele:
Mate, the Europa is our most important competition this season, next to the PL. It was a knockout game he didn’t want any mistakes in. Why would he like to run his own players into the ground with the kind of fixture pile up he has to manage?!

Yeah Jose/the club are not fucking around with these qualifiers. It will be a much weaker side on Tuesday.

When can
We haven't been fucked over with scheduling, it's just the way the cookie crumbled I'm afaid.

No risk - no returns.
I know the fixtures have fallen how they’ve fallen - but wouldn’t some countries give their teams in Europe a bit of slack? Should be negotiable this week because of the shocking opposition. Next respective rounds could be horrible.

Back
Top Bottom