Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know people are worried about Winks and CCV but Winks was our best player in pre-season and good against Gillingham and CCV has been talked up by Poch so maybe we will be in for a surprise.

I'm all for giving these sort of players a run out , I'd like to see Georges start too.
Unlike the Europa League, Poch has to go strong in the CL, so these guys aren't getting much of a look in.

Its our first to Anfield and we're driving down from sunny Glasgow. Taking the car is unavoidable, so any suggestions on where to park.

I know there's no point, as our wheels will be gone but willing to take the risk.

Leave your keys in ignition with door unlocked and petrol tank nearly empty
:angryscouser:
Less damage when it's stolen and found abandoned in Bootle

We can win anything!
Fucking hell. I thought I was an optimistic cunt.

The difficulty with this is it's the least highly regarded trophy domestically. Throw into that the European competition we are in, & it's even less of a priority. Clubs like 'pool & chavs only have 3 possibilities at silverware, whilst we are also in a competition that everyone in Europe wants to win- & it's the goose that lays the golden egg even if you don't win it. Those clubs are evidently going to treat the league cup more seriously. It may be their 3rd priority at the start of the season, but it's number 4 on our radar. It's still a respected trophy (& for that reason alone I'd love to win it) but I don't think our season's commitments will allow us to go all the way in this competition.

(I still have a feeling we will turn the dippers over tonight though)

apparently a bit of a title run last season means we're above this competition now. I want trophies not a pat on the back for getting to the quarters of the cl

I don't think we're above it - but we have to be realistic in the fact that we can't play the same strong team every single game. We are going to be rotating. You can bet the players we put out are going to take it seriously, they're going to want to try and claim their place. Especially the likes of Janssen, Wimmer, Davies, Trippier etc. who are all going to want to impress.

You then put in the hungry young talent like Winks, CCV, Onomah who are all going to want to impress and show they are every bit as good as the players in front of them etc.

I personally think we'll lose because I think Liverpool will put out a strong team and have home advantage, but that doesn't stop me from being annoyed if we get knocked out tonight.

Tate London....by Carl Andre...Equivalent VIII
bricks-tate-gallery.jpeg

Tate Liverpool...by some Scouse Git...nicked your wheels
car_on_bricks.jpg

Really not left any real options on the bench. Carroll at No.10 (according to twitter) seems weird. Doesn't scream dynamism.

Happy with the line up tho on the whole. Especially as Liverpool have gone with second string too.

Always thought Carroll was better in forward positions myself rather than central midfield but we will have to see.

I'm thinking Klopp got scared at the thought of our academy players, so he has decided to field a weakened side so he has his excuse when they get knocked out!
:pritchardeyes:

Back
Top Bottom