Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do we need to take them seriously, we only have to play them once all season. They will lose games that matter.

May i refer you to our last few games of last season on that one.

We field one of the youngest sides in the PL, with one signing in his first full season and one in his second. We have two key players out (both POS) and still sit undefeated with a quarter of the season gone, one point off the top spot.

Last night the team was even younger, had played collectively little first team football as a unit and it showed, and one player had played just 70 mins this season for the first team in his first season in this country.

Origami and Sturridge would walk into most PL starting elevens, and rightly so. Aside from those two i saw little difference between the two sides.

I look at this as the glass being half full not half empty, and we certainly are a season ahead in first team construction than Von Klopp Clusterfuck who's team can fuck off to the seaside most weeks whilst we have to play and prepare for European football. I'd expect a team that will likely have to play twenty odd games less to be up or thereabouts the top four given the amount of dosh they have spent and intend to spend come January.

Nuff said.

Its our first to Anfield and we're driving down from sunny Glasgow. Taking the car is unavoidable, so any suggestions on where to park.

I know there's no point, as our wheels will be gone but willing to take the risk.

200_s.gif

Ladies and Gents - I present you the most fickle, embarrassing shit-fuck of a Spurs fan or simply a Roma troll - Totti Totti

You decide

Wimmer has been DREADFUL so far.

Some of these passes are pathetic.

We didn't buy him for his hold up play. We may as well have just wasted the money on Akinfenwa ffs.

Grant Holt then. He must be knocking about still.

Fuck me, N'koudou has been trash lol

Origi ripping us apart lol

Not surprised. None of us really thought we would win this anyway. Going by this thread build up.

We're slowly falling behind Liverpool in the pecking order.

Wanyama on for Dier tells you all you need to know about that embarrassing captains performance.

Might as well bring Harrison on, nothing to lose.

Awful awful awful.

Would be very Janssenny to miss.

Don't understand why Wimmer is so out of position every single time.

Vorm is class. Never EVER gets credit.

such a fucking waste.

Liverpool are on the up. Sadly, they have finally got a decision right when it comes to appointing a manager.

I'm more a Spurs fan than a football fan

Last edited:
N'koudou was poor, his decision making was poor but i can see what he was trying to do. He was playing for himself, he wanted to show he good he could be all on his own. He wasnt at all playing for the team, sometimes that happens when players haven't gotten the occasion to prove themselves. Esp in these days where personal brands surpass the team, where a guy comes from being a huge influence in a big team and ends up being an unused sub in his new team. And then it happens, you get your first start, against one of the biggest teams in the world (historically) and it all gets to your head, i have to perform, i will show what i'm worth, etc. Playing for yourself is understandable but unfortunate as it will almost always backfire.

A team that has a point to prove is a true force, a player that has a point to prove can be a true liability

Liverpool v Leeds United

Manchester United v West Ham

Hull City v Newcastle United

Woolwich v Southampton

Leeds at home, lucky , lucky bastards.

Liverpool, Utd final- Im glad we are not part of it.

Spurs, deep in side my heart, I still love you.

Hopefully southampton will win it!

Always painful to watch a thrown game as a supporter but that's what'll happen here I think. Like it or not, we want out of the competition and as that'll be pretty easy to do at Anfield anyway I don't think they'll be much strength in our team.

See: Woolwich last year, Dortmund last year.

Back
Top Bottom