london clubs that get on your tits

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

which london club gets on your nerves the most

• Woolwich

Votes: 56 45.5%
  • chelsea

Votes: 51 41.5%
  • Crystal Palace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fulham

• Brentford

• West Ham

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • barnet

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • wimbledon

• Charlton Atheletic

• Leyton Orient

• Queens Park Rangers

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Watford (I know strictly not London but they are on the tube)

• Total voters
I think it’s brilliant that we have made them all buddy up to hate on us.
When you bring that up to a few of them, they hate it and deny it’s a thing.

All the silly boys on Twitter and the dopey fuckers that go to the darts jump on it but their older lads detest it.

I think it’s brilliant and long may it continue.

Another thing, why the fuck do man city hate us? I went on their forum and we were voted the third most hated club after United and liverpool.

What the fuck did we do to them? Surely it can’t be about Ricky Villa in 81 still because I don’t remember them caring about us a decade ago.
They hate us , because no matter what , we’ve got their number and come out on top on a regular occurrence . They can’t deal with it

The Chavs hate us because we sent them down in 1975. It was glorious!

Dance Dancing GIF

And I was there!

Remember it well

Love joining the dots to fans from other areas in UK, explaining to them, despite the Prem League, Sky 4 inc, mantra, why little old Tottenham are so despised.

We were seen, (viewed ourselves), as the Real Madrid of London. Whatever they can tweet about trophies, we were the first to win in Europe, before United, before Celtic (love giving that out at a pub quiz, especially as now in Ireland)

The first to do The Double (called the Impossible Double, as PNE had done it 80 years before with only 12 northern teams)

the early 70s, we won more than the celebrated Kings Road chav team, the lucky Arse double team.

It also mattered for the rivalry, that we were also good off the pitch, which went to the working-class tribal culture of the fan base, something that is missing from your modern-day twitter rivalry, of whom the goons love to be champions of.
The early 80s as well, cup winning, trail blazing in Europe.

So, 3 generations of fans, passed down to younger ones; nothing won by oligarchs, private equity,
our big fan base exists and is a pain in the arse to media and rivals.

Those 3 generations saw unbought success in the 60, 70s, 80s

Lived in mid Essex for number of years, loved hearing a West Ham fan on TS saying how he always thought main rivalry was Us v West Ham, till he moved to London and found out it was us v Goons.

Same with Chavs. I grew up in west London, Acton early 70s, my street all yids, even in their Osgood, Hollins, Bonetti, glory team.

Whilst this is not the site for it, a major factor with all 3 other London clubs mentioned, is our constant off the field rivalry, dominance with Goons for nearly all of it; Chavs and West Ham certainly since mid 90s; set piece major ones with Chavs before then.

When I was a kid my dad was called a "dirty Jew cunt" by a Chelsea fan in front of me. We were just walking through a Chelsea crowd, no colours or anything. It has stuck with me since. Especially as I had Jewish friends at school and hadn't heard this sort of thing before. My dad said he wasn't Jewish, the Chelsea Ork thought he was, and he said "you look like one so fuck off".

I will never accept them as being normal. Whatever Baddiel wants to claim, they are all scum in my eyes.

When I was a kid my dad was called a "dirty Jew cunt" by a Chelsea fan in front of me. We were just walking through a Chelsea crowd, no colours or anything. It has stuck with me since. Especially as I had Jewish friends at school and hadn't heard this sort of thing before. My dad said he wasn't Jewish, the Chelsea Ork thought he was, and he said "you look like one so fuck off".

I will never accept them as being normal. Whatever Baddiel wants to claim, they are all scum in my eyes.

It was at the Bridge in 1970 I had my first experience of being hissed at and it’s never left me

Fortunately we showed up and won 2-0 with goals from Jimmy Pearce in injury time and we all got soaked

Back
Top Bottom