Lost one game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to be the pessimistic one and say im not getting carried away at the moment. We have beaten to promoted teams 1-0 and a terrible Norwich 2-0, with another 1-0 v Swansea and a toothless 1-0 loss at Woolwich where (in my opinion) we never even looked like troubling them too much.

We should be beating the teams we have done, I think we we find out more about this team against the likes of the Chelsea's of this league, after all, we are competing more directly with them.

Obviously given time, we hopefully get better and better as the new players gel - I still think though its not going to be easy for us to get top 4 this season.

Not having a whinge in any way - just saying im not getting carried away just yet.

Of course if we beat Chelsea I will fully expect us to win the league.

Failing to create chances for Soldado. Or Soldado failing to convert chances would be 1 small area of concern.

While we are winning it can be overlooked but it will be expected for him to add some goals to his game.

Maybe not the be all and end all but we paid a lot of money for him to be a "world class" goalscorer.

Also Eriksen didn't create a goal today. Bloody 1 match wonder.

Are you 12? Pointing out our failings doesn't make me anti Spurs....we should always be looking to improve
I agree with this. Some people are too sensitive to any criticism about the team.

It's perfectly OK for people to have critical viewpoints and bring them up here; save your 'dislikes' for posts that actually deserve it, and not posts that give an opinion you don't agree with.

It's true we should be beating the likes of Norwich, Palace, Cardiff. But it's also true we often didn't beat teams like that. So you've gotta take positives from that.

I was angry about the scum game cos the manager didn't seem to have a clue with his subs IMO but the results have been coming in while we adjust as a new team. This team clearly has a lot of potential and at this early stage we've looked one of the strongest teams in the league. So I feel fairly optimistic.

i wouldn't worry to much about the lack of goals from open play, it will come. the amount of possession we have and chances we create is all there. there's a lot of new players in this team and there still trying to find each others rhymes. and if we are not happy that we have played 5 won 4 lost 1 conceded just 1, well then that just shows how far we have come.

I'm going to be the pessimistic one and say im not getting carried away at the moment. We have beaten to promoted teams 1-0 and a terrible Norwich 2-0, with another 1-0 v Swansea and a toothless 1-0 loss at Woolwich where (in my opinion) we never even looked like troubling them too much.

We should be beating the teams we have done, I think we we find out more about this team against the likes of the Chelsea's of this league, after all, we are competing more directly with them.

Obviously given time, we hopefully get better and better as the new players gel - I still think though its not going to be easy for us to get top 4 this season.

Not having a whinge in any way - just saying im not getting carried away just yet.

Of course if we beat Chelsea I will fully expect us to win the league.
I'm with you. Kind of.

We've only played one team in the top half so far.

Back
Top Bottom