Lost one game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We lost 1-0 away to Woolwich - that isn't exactly a catastrophic failure is it? Let's not forget that under his leadership we beat United away last season for the first time in 20-odd years! We'll see what happens this coming weekend against Chelsea, but we look more solid as a team then we have done in a long time. In previous years, it seemed that we could out-stretch a top opponent and rely on pivotal moments - but now I feelt hat we actually have the quality to go out and out-play the big teams for 90 minutes, while remaining solid at the back.

In terms of 'visionary', I made that comment because I think he really considers where a player should play within a team/system, why he performs certain roles and whether or not he is suited for that particular role. He was obviously a fan of the 4-3-3 at Porto, and seems to have cherry-picked certain players to be apart of this formation at Spurs (think of Hugo Lloris, who comes off his line with pace at a moment's notice).
Not catastrophic, but disappointing given the players at his disposal, and the chances we created. I think if we played that game now, with Ozil and Eriksen on the pitch, we would beat them, because the overall cohesion is better.
But we need to start converting the chances.
Do you think that any of the preceding managers didn't do that, in terms of getting players in to do a job in the positions they had envisioned them to play in? Bale aside, as he was a bit special.

Do you think that any of the preceding managers didn't do that, in terms of getting players in to do a job in the positions they had envisioned them to play in? Bale aside, as he was a bit special.
I think Redknapp didn't have so much of an idea with regard to tactics and the like - I think he was more of a 'if you win your 1v1 with x player then that's all I expect from you' type of manager. I'm not trying to put Redknapp down, just that I think AVB has a greater understanding of what every squad player can achieve towards the team objective

The likes of @ Lister Lister hovering over their neg rep button might be wise to reserve judgment.

I disagreed with your post, I think you misinterpreted Micks point completely. Its what the button is there for. I went on in a later post to explain why. Isnt that the point?

Disagree is not "neg rep". Dislike is.

Oh sorry, has some first class footballing career that he has had, come to light?
I was under the impression that he had no professional skills of any note, from all that has been written and reported about him.
You obviously know something that I don't. - Just where in what I posted, was some kind of put down or condemnation of the man?
Fuck me, do you just look for any reason to criticise my posts?
I have no reason to criticise you only when you make such generalisations in your comments. Lack of personal skills fits in that area, it shows a clear lack of respect for the coach bordering on insulting. You have this last minute tendancy to try and wriggle out of your badly phrased remarks. Trolling or not its bad form

I have no reason to criticise you only when you make such generalisations in your comments. Lack of personal skills fits in that area, it shows a clear lack of respect for the coach bordering on insulting. You have this last minute tendancy to try and wriggle out of your badly phrased remarks. Trolling or not its bad form
are you as much of a tit as that post implies, or are you trying to be funny?
How can a comment as bland and innocuous as one pointing out that the guy has no professional footballing pedigree as a player, be disrespectful - when it happens to be true?
I made the mistake of not phrasing the point in English sufficiently clear enough for a child to understand, I'll admit - but beyond that any offence taken is the mark of someone desperately looking for it.
Or in your case, any old excuse for making inane chippy comments about anything I post.
Grow up pal, all of this is becoming tedious.

Lack
are you as much of a tit as that post implies, or are you trying to be funny?
How can a comment as bland and innocuous as one pointing out that the guy has no professional footballing pedigree as a player, be disrespectful - when it happens to be true?
I made the mistake of not phrasing the point in English sufficiently clear enough for a child to understand, I'll admit - but beyond that any offence taken is the mark of someone desperately looking for it.
Or in your case, any old excuse for making inane chippy comments about anything I post.
Grow up pal, all of this is becoming tedious.
"he has little or no personal skills" means a lot more than managing footballers or having a lack of a professional footballing pedigree: You continue to be an ignorant oaf who cannot even construct a dialogue that has any meaning to it!

Mick, when I first read your post, with "he has little or no personal skills" as mentioned above, I thought you were repeating the sentiments from the comments made in the press last year about AVB being "borderline Aspergers" (which were frankly, beyond the pale), because he likes to prepare thoroughly and has perhaps a more methodical approach than many old school managers. It wasn't immediately obvious that you meant that he didn't have any professional playing experience, and while that may have been a valid point which you've since clarified, you certainly didn't word it clearly in your first post and it certainly wouldn't have taken a child to misunderstand you.

Mick, when I first read your post, with "he has little or no personal skills" as mentioned above, I thought you were repeating the sentiments from the comments made in the press last year about AVB being "borderline Aspergers" (which were frankly, beyond the pale), because he likes to prepare thoroughly and has perhaps a more methodical approach than many old school managers. It wasn't immediately obvious that you meant that he didn't have any professional playing experience, and while that may have been a valid point which you've since clarified, you certainly didn't word it clearly in your first post and it certainly wouldn't have taken a child to misunderstand you.
I clarified the point immediately. I am quite willing to accept that the comment wasn't as clear to read as it was to me when I posted it, and the only reason I am being less than polite to the half wit who is flogging this particular dead horse, is that he continually nit picks at my posts and its simply my way of having a bit of fun at his expense.
As for comments about aspergers - not something I have ever seen, so the entire idea had never crossed my mind. if you were upset at the child remark, please rest assured it wasn't aimed at you. It hit the target intended.

Lack

"he has little or no personal skills" means a lot more than managing footballers or having a lack of a professional footballing pedigree: You continue to be an ignorant oaf who cannot even construct a dialogue that has any meaning to it!
Because you want it to mean so much more, and because it fits your agenda to constantly criticise anything I post - you are continuing to ignore the fact that I have already pointed out that I was simply talking about his footballing pedigree - NOTHING ELSE. Now you call me an ignorant oaf? Seriously, how ignorant does that make you, for continually failing to ignore this clarification of the point I was trying to make? Or are you now on a mission to try to persuade me that I meant something entirely different?
Do everyone a favour and just drop this will you? I'm sure that everyone is tired of your continual attempt at harassment for whatever vicarious pleasure you derive from being a complete pain, I know I'm finding it tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom