Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been pessimestic about our chances and for good reason, but after yesterdays results we just have to beat them, not for our benefit coz top 4 is gone, but I just couldn't stand liverpool winning the league. It's like when my equally nerdy friend started having sex before I did in university, it's a horrible feeling.
don't know about others, but generally speaking, i don't care much who wins the league this season as long as it's not Woolwich or Chelski. this said, i'm in a bit of a dilemma as to whom i'd like to win it from the 2 clubs remaining. personally i hate City a bit more than Liverpool right now, they've become a despicable club winning titles dishonestly, they stand against all fairness and go directly against the spirit of the game. Whenever i see the joy of their fans while they crush yet another honest club with no Aladdin's lamp in their back pocket, i get sick to my stomach, the hypocrisy, the lack of decency and of fairness! They're like your lottery winning next door neighbor whom you meet a few days after he's cashed in in a Maserati and notice his disgust while he yells to his wife: Come on, Peggy, get your bags and let's get out of this dump, then notices you and asks with a condescending, yet so cordial smug on his face: "hey, pal, how's it going, you're off to work?" You fucking cunt, three weeks ago you were knocking at my door, borrowing a 20 for a couple of days, until you get the salary....

For these reasons, the little interest i do have in who wins the title makes me, i think, be at peace with the idea of Liverpool becoming champs, i'd say they're the least annoying to me right now of the 4. at least they're still a football club.

don't know about others, but generally speaking, i don't care much who wins the league this season as long as it's not Woolwich or Chelski. this said, i'm in a bit of a dilemma as to whom i'd like to win it from the 2 clubs remaining. personally i hate City a bit more than Liverpool right now, they've become a despicable club winning titles dishonestly, they stand against all fairness and go directly against the spirit of the game. Whenever i see the joy of their fans while they crush yet another honest club with no Aladdin's lamp in their back pocket, i get sick to my stomach, the hypocrisy, the lack of decency and of fairness! They're like your lottery winning next door neighbor whom you meet a few days after he's cashed in in a Maserati and notice his disgust while he yells to his wife: Come on, Peggy, get your bags and let's get out of this dump, then notices you and asks with a condescending, yet so cordial smug on his face: "hey, pal, how's it going, you're off to work?" You fucking cunt, three weeks ago you were knocking at my door, borrowing a 20 for a couple of days, until you get the salary....

For these reasons, the little interest i do have in who wins the title makes me, i think, be at peace with the idea of Liverpool becoming champs, i'd say they're the least annoying to me right now of the 4. at least they're still a football club.

I agree with everything you said but the fans... They're already driving me mental, that is the simple reason I couldn't stand Liverpool winning the title.

I agree with everything you said but the fans... They're already driving me mental, that is the simple reason I couldn't stand Liverpool winning the title.
that probably doesn't bother me as much, cause i don't live in england :) , so i don't get to meet or see on tele as much of them as you do, i don't care about them, just watch games, read spurs news (and occasionally about other clubs) and ... that's about all the contact i have with the EPL. maybe if i was to live in england, i'd be more affected by the other teams' fans too in deciding who i hate more and who less...

They're like your lottery winning next door neighbor whom you meet a few days after he's cashed in in a Maserati and notice his disgust while he yells to his wife: Come on, Peggy, get your bags and let's get out of this dump, then notices you and asks with a condescending, yet so cordial smug on his face: "hey, pal, how's it going, you're off to work?" You fucking cunt, three weeks ago you were knocking at my door, borrowing a 20 for a couple of days, until you get the salary....

BLATANT "this has happened to me and i'm still bitter" post!

The reason I dn't want liverpool to win is that it will reflect how crap we have been. Man City chelsea and man united winning isn't a big deal to me I'm used to seeing them do that and they have more resources then we have.

Liverpool a team that we've been better than for the past few years winning without spending more money than we have, having a young tactical manager who believes in youth rather than mega purchases. Wasn't this what our club was supposed to be doing. jesus they finished 7th last year.

Even if we do improve next year this was the year we should've taken advantage of manager changes liverpool did. Now we will have a lot more competition next year with man united likely coming back to the frey.

BLATANT "this has happened to me and i'm still bitter" post!
not really, it was just the best example i could come up at the moment (the chances of living next to someone who wins the lottery, although not as low as winning it yourself, must be pretty low too).... though i admit i am bitter about city, chelsea, psg, monaco and the likes of them. and even if it would have happened to me, i wouldn't have any shame about being envious like that towards someone who didn't earn his new wealth. if my neighbor would have a brilliant business idea that won him a fortune in no time, i would admire and respect him if he'd still have respect for his peers, despite his new wealth.

Last edited:
Really need throw up the barriers today, keep it tight for the first 20 and work off counter attacks with Lennon and Townsend (left and right) hit them fast and hit them hard retaining our shape when we lose the ball, really can't afford a confidence sapping loss today.

Palace beating Chelsea yesterday HAS to give us hope that it CAN be done!!

We need more than just hope and belief - I'm not sure Sherwood realises that though.

I'd love to see us just calmly and efficiently go with a tactical set up that fucks Liverpool over - I'm expecting gilet's flying through the air, lots of shouting and Naughton and Rose looking utterly baffled as to what they are supposed to be doing.

If Liverpool win the League, we will never, ever, hear the fucking end of it. So let's dent their chances a bit, by taking it to Anfield and give 'em a hidin'. We've spanked very few teams this season, but to beat this bunch of history-loving, self-righteous fuckfaces in their own back yard, would be heaven sent.

COYS!!

4-0
:nawty:

I agree with you and Andrei and yes with the City and Liverpool decision I chose city as if Liverpool won the league although it is extremely impressive you would literally NEVER hear the end of it from their fans "oh we're Liverpool football club - we do these things" back to back on 606 for 5 years, having celebrations, massive banners with Paisley, shankley Rodgers, it would be sickening

So city basically!

As long as Eriksen is somewhere in the middle of the pitch, and not on the left, then we will have some sort of attack. Lets just win lots of free kicks 20 yards out and leave the rest to the young dane
:eriksenlol:

Here's some synchronicity...

Last time Liverpool had 2 strikers score more than 20 goals each in a season was 50 years ago (1963/64 - Ian St John and Roger Hunt)

Liverpool played Tottenham on 27th March that season and won 3-1. That win took them to the top of the table and they won the league that season.

:lennon:

Here's some synchronicity...

Last time Liverpool had 2 strikers score more than 20 goals each in a season was 50 years ago (1963/64 - Ian St John and Roger Hunt)

Liverpool played Tottenham on 27th March that season and won 3-1. That win took them to the top of the table and they won the league that season.

:lennon:

Don't be so ridiculous! You think that will happen again?!? You actually think that? We're not going to score!

The legend returns

Moussa-Dembele-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom