Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andy Gray making a point that lambasting players publicly back in the day was different as it was aimed at British footballers predominately now with the foreign influx it's unwise.

Brendan Rodgers: "immense performance"

Stopped listening.

We were three points off top 4 after Newcastle and promptly bottled it against Norwich, Chelsea, Woolwich. It's not like we've been in 8th all season. We had chances to make a Champions League push and then never showed any real fight. We were very much alive and there was still no desire.

Maybe it's Tim's fault for not properly motivating but man if you want Champions League as bad as they say you think they could go out and fight for it even without the manager properly motivating them.

There is more to winning that just 'fighting for it' though...as Tim is finding out. Clearly there are a fair few players who are not impressed by Tim, be it his methods or his tactics, he isn't inspiring the team to go and win, he isn't convincing them he can get them to win, and the worse things get...well, the worse things will get.

If a 62 yo LVG does come and is expected to get top4 or win the league (as would be expected) he won't want this shit team, he will undoubtably want a decent 100 million transfer kitty, I dn't think in this stage of his life he wants to take years building a team.

I hate the fact any we've lost against every team I actually know other fans of this season. Can't even take the moral high ground over scousers anymore. The best thing that can happen to us this season is Everton sneaking fourth.

I hate the fact any we've lost against every team I actually know other fans of this season. Can't even take the moral high ground over scousers anymore. The best thing that can happen to us this season is Everton sneaking fourth.

How ironic we've taken 4 points off them. We should give them back.

The worst thing is, we are 25 points ahead of Spam and they can still take the piss out of us.. I really dont think the player know or care what they've done to us..

There is more to winning that just 'fighting for it' though...as Tim is finding out. Clearly there are a fair few players who are not impressed by Tim, be it his methods or his tactics, he isn't inspiring the team to go and win, he isn't convincing them he can get them to win, and the worse things get...well, the worse things will get.

Some players are putting more effort into mouthing off about Champions League in the media than on the pitch. I don't care how clueless they think Tim is, that is something I cannot abide. Vertonghen fake limped off the pitch today. Ghaly-esque.

Now obviously Tim has to go but at least he is trying. I can handle someone being shit like Naughton but not trying is so much worse.

The worst thing is, we are 25 points ahead of Spam and they can still take the piss out of us.. I really dont think the player know or care what they've done to us..
I genuinely believe players don't really care for a club anymore, people brought in from outside the club that is. Unless the club has an established ethos like a Barcelona or Man U under Ferguson what does it matter to a player? Their first and for most concern is the manager, thats what they come to play for. And they've ended up with Tim fucking Sherwood:levywtf:
Freund doesn't even smile anymore:paulinhofacepalm:

I'm reading some of the excuses in all the forums about if Liverpool win the league, there hilarious.

I think. Everyone agreed in the beginning of the season that who ever wins this title will truly deserve becoz of all the competitors it was heralded as the hardest title race ever. Yet now that the least favoured team can win it, ridiculous excuses like it's becoz they didn't have european games or suarez is carrying the whole team on his back.

Suarez has been brilliant but he didn't carry the team like Bale did with us last season. He was world class in a team performing well. I bet not many people an find games were only suarez performed generally the whole team performs unlike us were the whole team played shit and Bale baled us out of nowhere. You never hear people say if rea madrid/barcalone didn't have Ronaldo or Messi they wouldn't win, so why do we use that excuse with suarez he is'nt on loan they bought him, why wouldn't he perform like the world class player he is.

Back
Top Bottom