Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't believe the youth approach is right either, unless we can produce talents like Barca, we will be like Villa

But it might be good watching a team who actually has a crack. They deserve to wear the shirt more than the cowards that "played" today

Some players are putting more effort into mouthing off about Champions League in the media than on the pitch. I don't care how clueless they think Tim is, that is something I cannot abide. Vertonghen fake limped off the pitch today. Ghaly-esque.

Now obviously Tim has to go but at least he is trying. I can handle someone being shit like Naughton but not trying is so much worse.

Some people just can't handle the humiliation...we all knew what was coming, Verts did too. I suppose it's easier for me to accept as, like many of our players, I have also given up on this season.

I genuinely believe players don't really care for a club anymore, people brought in from outside the club that is. Unless the club has an established ethos like a Barcelona or Man U under Ferguson what does it matter to a player? Their first and for most concern is the manager, thats what they come to play for. And they've ended up with Tim fucking Sherwood:levywtf:
Freund doesn't even smile anymore:paulinhofacepalm:

Play the U21s. Shaq Coulthirst fucking hates Woolwich. I'd rather see kids who love Tottenham play than this bunch.

I'm reading some of the excuses in all the forums about if Liverpool win the league, there hilarious.

I think. Everyone agreed in the beginning of the season that who ever wins this title will truly deserve becoz of all the competitors it was heralded as the hardest title race ever. Yet now that the least favoured team can win it, ridiculous excuses like it's becoz they didn't have european games or suarez is carrying the whole team on his back.

Suarez has been brilliant but he didn't carry the team like Bale did with us last season. He was world class in a team performing well. I bet not many people an find games were only suarez performed generally the whole team performs unlike us were the whole team played shit and Bale baled us out of nowhere. You never hear people say if rea madrid/barcalone didn't have Ronaldo or Messi they wouldn't win, so why do we use that excuse with suarez he is'nt on loan they bought him, why wouldn't he perform like the world class player he is.
They've got two 20+ goals a season strikers who've managed to stay relatively fit. They've surrounded them with players who know how to service the strikers. I thought we'd finish higher than them, no european football has undoubtedly helped them, their squad is pretty bare (IAGO ASPAS) yet they've not been run into the ground and aeroplaned everywhere.

Some people just can't handle the humiliation...we all knew what was coming, Verts did too. I suppose it's easier for me to accept as, like many of our players, I have also given up on this season.

I've given up on the season but I sat through 90 minutes of that without faking injury and Vertonghen makes what I make in a year in a week.

nice to see berbatov got another start at cb in another gutless performance where tim sat up in the stand looking like he was getting a prostate exam, what a wonderful game and season

This is their moment they'll never get this close next season (and likely the season after) getting knocked out of the League cup and FA Cup early has meant they've played no extra games and it's allowed them the comfort the play once every week with an ultra fresh first 11 free of any injuries and full of energy whilst the likes of City, Woolwich have suffered injuries and are no doubt jaded not to mention Mourinho is a cunt then there's us who have been flying to unknown euro shitholes during the week.

I've given up on the season but I sat through 90 minutes of that without faking injury and Vertonghen makes what I make in a year in a week.

True, but you haven't just wasted 2 years of your very short career. Like I say, I'm not saying it's right...but I can see where he's coming from.

They've got two 20+ goals a season strikers who've managed to stay relatively fit. They've surrounded them with players who know how to service the strikers. I thought we'd finish higher than them, no european football has undoubtedly helped them, their squad is pretty bare (IAGO ASPAS) yet they've not been run into the ground and aeroplaned everywhere.
Totally agree.
We've struggled big time with our inclusion of European football. Maybe we should want out this season and come back stronger as Liverpool have.

Hopefully, Everton get 4th spot knocking the scum to 5th. Its nice to see Liverpool go above Chelsea - it must pain the scum supporters to see Liverpool's progress.

Im trying to see the positives amongst all the negatives.

Sherwood (was quite flat):

Pretty much finished the game with first two mistakes at beginning of the game.

They're a good side, got to give them a lot of credit.

We were beaten by the better team today.

Individual errors, anyone can make them, every mistake we make we get punished.

We owe it to ourselves to get maximum points from last 6 games.

A lot of these teams are better than us. The problem is not the rest of the teams it's the top 4.

Top 4 chances pretty slim, looking distant now, not gone till its gone.

Long week we don't play until Monday

6 games now to save our season and get some pride back, stick together and stick our chests out, we will receive criticism for this performance.

True, but you haven't just wasted 2 years of your very short career. Like I say, I'm not saying it's right...but I can see where he's coming from.

That's absurd. He hasn't wasted shit. He hasn't given a toss going back to when AVB was here at the beginning of the season and now he's probably going to get a move and a raise to Barcelona like he always planned when coming here.

Sherwood sloping off with the team not facing the music,says it all really.One point from 8 games against the top four and 27 goals against puts our season into a nutshell.No team sacks their manager mid-steam and expects a response unless the manager gets the best from his team,and with some surprise we stayed near the top four because the scum weren't much better than us.Levy pulls the strings,and Joe Louis sitting in the Bahamas must be really satisfied with how the club is going.New Stadiums,new Manager,new players with a passion for the shirt,do me a favour as we stumble from one disaster to another ans US the mute turning up with our hard earned wages wondering whether if this shower of shit really care about what happens on the pitch and how it affects our everyday life.Sherwood to be in charge next Monday I don't really care less and wished the season to swallow us up and die,never thought I would ever throw the towel in for my beloved Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom