Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today reminded me of when I watched 2 Girls 1 Cup - I knew exactly what was coming but it was still fucking horrifying.

I can't help but wonder what this season would've been if Hoddle had taken over instead of Tim..?

I think we all knew that we would be thrashed. What makes it hard to take is not just the fact that our team is having a a disaster of a season, but also the gloating/rubbing in of opposing fans? I think thats why a lot of us are pissed off, we've been on the end of it so many times already. these losses make it unbearable for many of the supporters at work and school/uni for the next week, something we obviously don't look forward to. Also it seems like the team hasn't learnt anything from each time score lines like this happen happen. Did we play with the high line again for example?

Got to give the man credit, at least he's still putting in an ounce of passion even if he's half-witted.

Credit for what? Being two faced? You can't spend the entire match in the stands, bottle the interview, bottle the handshake and then question ANY player. He's a coward. If he had any pride he would have fronted the camera said "I quit" and walked away

Credit for what? Being two faced? You can't spend the entire match in the stands, bottle the interview, bottle the handshake and then question ANY player. He's a coward. If he had any pride he would have fronted the camera said "I quit" and walked away

I posted what he said in the interview a few posts up, he did come out.

Haha look, I've been with all of you bashing on him for retreating to the stands. Some absolute shit. But I've seen many managers in this league just give up, and it's easy to do with all the pressure. When you calm down, I think you'll realize that still having the nuts to dig into the players and demand a response is impressive. I'm not saying I want him around after the season at all, simply giving him props for still giving a fuck.

I really hope this is social media knee-jerking at its very worst.

Woh. Well, Levy may view his retreat to the stands for this one as unacceptable. It's one thing to remove yourself in attempt to control your sideline antics, but to leave mid-game in a thrashing is another thing altogether. Arguably a literal violation of contract.

Haha look, I've been with all of you bashing on him for retreating to the stands. Some absolute shit. But I've seen many managers in this league just give up, and it's easy to do with all the pressure. When you calm down, I think you'll realize that still having the nuts to dig into the players and demand a response is impressive. I'm not saying I want him around after the season at all, simply giving him props for still giving a fuck.

On the contrary my friend I'm completely calm. What I am saying is that NO player will take a manager seriously when they are yammering on about pride and passion when they don't have the balls to front up themselves. When the fans are chanting "where is our manager" and he doesn't shift from his lofty position in the stands then the players will simply laugh at him the second he mentions bottle, pride or passion

On the contrary my friend I'm completely calm. What I am saying is that NO player will take a manager seriously when they are yammering on about pride and passion when they don't have the balls to front up themselves. When the fans are chanting "where is our manager" and he doesn't shift from his lofty position in the stands then the players will simply laugh at him the second he mentions bottle, pride or passion

Oh this I entirely agree with. But even if the players didn't listen to him, it's even more commendable that he stay and lay in to them. However, if any of these rumors are true of the happenings in the dressing room, then I'll be damned before I support it. Giving them a good talking to even when the noose is tightening around your own neck is one thing, but spurring any potential physical violence between any party is another altogether.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom