Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he was our best attacker today by far
On both ends of the pitch
Usually is. He is best in the middle of the pitch where he just has to beat guys one at a time. In the final third he runs out of ideas. But, he is also good on corners. If you want to sell him, fine. Just show me that who you brought in to replace him can play.

Honestly in the era of Nuno-ball we can only really rely on Lucas doing his head down and dribble shit to get us anywhere in the attacking third. As frustrating as it can be, he is actually pretty important to us in a team that is devoid of creativity like ours currently is.

Actually it is the opposite, in a team devoid of creativity his lack of creativity or ability to pass the ball combined with his inability to finish is even more crippling.

If we had guys like Eriksen who could create and add goals from the MF maybe we could ignore that one of our attackers adds nothing to the attack, but with us being so deficient in that area from other places we can't afford to have an attacker like Moura that offers nothing but trying hard.

Usually is. He is best in the middle of the pitch where he just has to beat guys one at a time. In the final third he runs out of ideas. But, he is also good on corners. If you want to sell him, fine. Just show me that who you brought in to replace him can play.
Bit of a similar problem like when we played Lamela on the left. All the defender had to do was force him out towards the touchline and Lamela had nowhere to go since he relied so much on his left foot.

Lucas is not that one footed but if you force him out towards the line you limit what he is able to do rather well.

He had a few games were Jose played him as a 10 and he was great.

Bit of a similar problem like when we played Lamela on the left. All the defender had to do was force him out towards the touchline and Lamela had nowhere to go since he relied so much on his left foot.

Lucas is not that one footed but if you force him out towards the line you limit what he is able to do rather well.

He had a few games were Jose played him as a 10 and he was great.
Spot on. He’s an awful wide player

The scary thing is, even at his worst, he's still one of our most dangerous players.

I's like sending 11 5 year olds into battle and having to pick one of them as the most likely to pick off an enemy.

Terrifying that he's a guaranteed starter, probably deserves to be, and it's been 12 league games since his last assist, 17 league games since his last goal.

Somebody to play RW that can score goals and create chances should be our #1 priority in January.

Its difficult because of ajax and all the emotion that goes with that but he's very difficult to understand as a footballer. He has flashes where he looks amazing. Then plenty of nothing and no real output. Picks it up on half way, jinks around a couple of midfielders and you sit up and think 'here we go ..' then just runs in to a wall of cbs or trips himself up while you are screaming shoot or out wide. Then you remember he always does this. Until he next gets the ball and you think 'maybe this time?' Is he any good? Not really but he can be. Is he rubbish? Not really but he can be. Somewhere in between is probably about right.

Terrifying that he's a guaranteed starter, probably deserves to be, and it's been 12 league games since his last assist, 17 league games since his last goal.

Somebody to play RW that can score goals and create chances should be our #1 priority in January.
GLC? Lucas is a properly shit wide midfielder, it needs to stop. He’s looked much better centrally

GLC? Lucas is a properly shit wide midfielder, it needs to stop. He’s looked much better centrally
See I think Lucas has been playing okay this season, just that having a RW who doesn't occupy any attention from the defensive line makes it easy for teams to hold shape and mark Kane and Son. Lucas only takes the ball from a man beside him in midfield and carries it, rarely makes clever movement ahead of the ball. For such a talented player it's remarkable how little he's added to his base skill level.

Don't know about Lo Celso RW. He could be good there but he needs bodies around him and we don't appear to be coaching much attack. Lucas is a kind of Traore-lite in that he creates unstructured attacks by himself.

See I think Lucas has been playing okay this season, just that having a RW who doesn't occupy any attention from the defensive line makes it easy for teams to hold shape and mark Kane and Son. Lucas only takes the ball from a man beside him in midfield and carries it, rarely makes clever movement ahead of the ball. For such a talented player it's remarkable how little he's added to his base skill level.

Don't know about Lo Celso RW. He could be good there but he needs bodies around him and we don't appear to be coaching much attack. Lucas is a kind of Traore-lite in that he creates unstructured attacks by himself.
I hate him there and hate that random, unstructured, selfish style of play. Give licence to GLC to drift like Bernardo does and get on the ball. We can’t continue with this dour, approach. Get Son off the line too and drift all over too. Make it a fluid front 4

I hate him there and hate that random, unstructured, selfish style of play. Give licence to GLC to drift like Bernardo does and get on the ball. We can’t continue with this dour, approach. Get Son off the line too and drift all over too. Make it a fluid front 4
I don't think we'll see much license to drift under this coach, not that Bernardo has that at City, City move together in very organized shapes. We're not going in that direction. I actually think the games vs West Ham, Burnley, Newcastle and Villa are very representative of how he wants us to play this season. Organized, defend well, slowish possession, wait patiently to punch with quick attacks through long ball to full backs, Son or through Ndombele/Lucas making something up on the fly. We'll win enough games that way to finish around 6th.

It's just very frustrating watching him try run through players time again. But well done that header against Burnley, he could have had a second also with a bit more accuracy on his shot.

Back
Top Bottom