Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His selection was fine, Kane should have started for sure and was fine.

Take him out of that line-up and you are giving up. Nobody on the bench was coming off and going to score.
Nope. Likely would have won the game without Kane. He ruined the team chemistry and feng shui. Again, don't blame Kane but I do blame Poch for that decision.

If you've ever played football or any sport, you'd understand what I mean. Team chemistry matters.

His selection was fine, Kane should have started for sure and was fine.

Take him out of that line-up and you are giving up. Nobody on the bench was coming off and going to score.

I know you hate Lucas but he had just had a hat trick and he also scored the last minute goal that got us out of the group stage.

To say he had no chance of scoring despite his run in that tournament is…. Tough to take at face value.

I know you hate Lucas but he had just had a hat trick and he also scored the last minute goal that got us out of the group stage.

To say he had no chance of scoring despite his run in that tournament is…. Tough to take at face value.

Lucas was lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get that "hattrick."

He has shown over his career and all season long that he sucks. The Ajax game was a fluke not representative of his "skill."

It is entirely reasonable to say a player that sucks and is out of his depth would not score a goal.

Lucas was lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get that "hattrick."

He has shown over his career and all season long that he sucks. The Ajax game was a fluke not representative of his "skill."

It is entirely reasonable to say a player that sucks and is out of his depth would not score a goal.
And the goal against Barca that rescued us in the group stage?

Sometimes players just have a hot run in a tournament that might be playing a bit over their head. And when that happens you have to ride it.

I remember Liverpool doing basically the same thing with Luis Garcia. He wouldn’t make the pl squads but propelled them to winning the CL.

He's more of a Yido, than you'll ever be........

You honestly don't deserve that joyous night.

Kiss me again, you shithouse:

p67309813.png

It's not just about Lucas. It's about the chemistry of the team. Son, Lucas, Llorente, Dele, Eriksen all played well together during that run. For whatever reason, it worked and got us results. Why ruin the dynamic that saw us beating some of the best teams in the world? You don't get it at all.

And the goal against Barca that rescued us in the group stage?

Sometimes players just have a hot run in a tournament that might be playing a bit over their head. And when that happens you have to ride it.

I remember Liverpool doing basically the same thing with Luis Garcia. He wouldn’t make the pl squads but propelled them to winning the CL.

And sometimes they have one fluke game and suck. There is no reason to think a garbage, no talent like Lucas would have done anything in the final. He sucks, he sucked then, sucks now and would have done nothing but kill our chances to win if given a chance to start.

And sometimes they have one fluke game and suck. There is no reason to think a garbage, no talent like Lucas would have done anything in the final. He sucks, he sucked then, sucks now and would have done nothing but kill our chances to win if given a chance to start.
Lucas was an important piece of the team that helped us beat Dortmund, City, and Ajax. Not to mention our string of wins in the PL. It's not just about who the superior player is between Kane and Lucas. It's more about who fits in better with the team at that particular point in time and go with what's working. If you suddenly throw Kane into the mix during the final, it ruins the dynamic.

I think that your opinion on him is ridiculous. He can be frustrating when he tries to dribble past several players but at the same time he often he pulls it off. He has shown that out of all our forwards he is the most agressive defensively (imo), recovering the ball a ton of times last year. He is a constant threat, consistently involved in build up plays that lead to chances. So far is pre season I've seen him make several chance creating passes where normally he would dribble. I expect this year will be his best year for Spurs.

Last edited:
I think that your opinion on him is ridiculous. He can be frustrating when he tries to dribble past several players but at the same time he often he pulls it off. He has shown that out of all our forwards he is the most agressive defensively (imo), recovering the ball a ton of times last year. He is a constant threat, consistently involved in build up plays that lead to chances. I expect this year will be his best. So far is pre season I've seen him make several chance creating passes where normally he would dribble. I expect this year will be his best year for Spurs.

He is rarely a threat when playing in the PL he has looked good in the pre-season because he has shown against low level competition when he has all the time in the world he can play, but when he gets to the PL and the game is faster with less time he can't manage.

We have seen this smoke from him before and this season will be no different with him sucking at the PL but people saying we have to keep giving him chances because he made a few nice runs right into the opposition defenders and made a nice pass in the group stage of the ECL against FC Shitbag.

He is rarely a threat when playing in the PL he has looked good in the pre-season because he has shown against low level competition when he has all the time in the world he can play, but when he gets to the PL and the game is faster with less time he can't manage.

We have seen this smoke from him before and this season will be no different with him sucking at the PL but people saying we have to keep giving him chances because he made a few nice runs right into the opposition defenders and made a nice pass in the group stage of the ECL against FC Shitbag.
Vince Vaughn GIF

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

wedding crashers comedy GIF

It's not just about Lucas. It's about the chemistry of the team. Son, Lucas, Llorente, Dele, Eriksen all played well together during that run. For whatever reason, it worked and got us results. Why ruin the dynamic that saw us beating some of the best teams in the world? You don't get it at all.
They didnt play particularly well together. We got a masssssive slice of luck to reach the final. In the PL we were seriously shit in those months. But yes we shoudl have started Lucas , Poch's decision making in big games is among the worst out there.

I think that your opinion on him is ridiculous. He can be frustrating when he tries to dribble past several players but at the same time he often he pulls it off. He has shown that out of all our forwards he is the most agressive defensively (imo), recovering the ball a ton of times last year. He is a constant threat, consistently involved in build up plays that lead to chances. I expect this year will be his best. So far is pre season I've seen him make several chance creating passes where normally he would dribble. I expect this year will be his best year for Spurs.

RidIGULAs. :sonpoint:

They didnt play particularly well together. We got a masssssive slice of luck to reach the final. In the PL we were seriously shit in those months. But yes we shoudl have started Lucas , Poch's decision making in big games is among the worst out there.
In the PL we actually played pretty well. We went 6-3-1 in the PL without Kane that during those few months. Add those wins in the champions league and I would say that we were a pretty elite team even without Kane. Lucas played in the majority of those matches and was instrumental for us.

Our style of play definitely wasn't pretty or organized but it worked. As long as it works, who's complaining?

Last edited:
In the PL we actually played pretty well. We went 6-3-1 without Kane that during those few months. Add those wins in the champions league and I would say that we were a pretty elite team even without Kane. Lucas played in the majority of those matches and was instrumental for us.

Our style of play definitely wasn't pretty or organized but it worked. As long as it works, who's complaining?

Trick question, surely??? :auriergrin:

I can’t wait to see him play vs FC Shitbag.

Back
Top Bottom