Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do I know what?

All I said was the same happened last season, and last season we got a good season out of him.

But thats not what you are responding to is it....you are responding to what you wanted me to say, which I assume was "HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED WELL THIS SEAON TOO!!!!!!!"

but I didnt say that did I. So what are you asking me? How do I know what?
TBF, maybe you should have added that as it does kind of imply it

Was AVB manager when Modric was sold?
Did we sign our targeted replacement?
Do you think Levy sold him over AVBs head?
Have I BLAMED AVB FOR SELLING MODRIC@!!!!##@@@!!!!!!!!!!?

Answer honestly.......then jog on

Make up your mind and stop hiding behind ambiguity. For the record, utterly irrelevant mentioning AVB in the Modric 'debate'.

TBF, maybe you should have added that as it does kind of imply it

Nothing I said implied that I knew Modric would play well this season, just that there was evidence he did last year.

However, the post I replied to said "Modric wouldnt have done shit if we held onto him"...then he has the nerve to ask me how I know something I never claimed to.

Then people pick out MY POST!! Fucking this place is a joke sometimes

Tee hee. Answer the question.

What do you want to know, that I think I know? Ahhhh you read it wrong didnt you......awww.

Alright you are correct I was being immature. You don't know what kind of dialogue went on behind closed doors with Modric. Just assuming he was in the same mindset as last year would be a huge overstatement. He didn't hold out of preseason last year. He wasn't a know show to the United States last year. One might suspect that after coming back and playing hard despite being upset with management, going through a similar ordeal which ended with him still at Tottenham would not sit well. Of course this is speculation as well. Honestly we have no idea what he would have played like and how he felt. These assumptions are meaningless and do not contribute to a discussion of the team this year.

In all seriousness, cba to write an essay. I always get home late and read through it all then by the time I get to write it's all been done for me. One thing that's not been said much, how did we sound? (I went, City are a shit club with shit fans and a shit accent.)

Nothing I said implied that I knew Modric would play well this season, just that there was evidence he did last year.

However, the post I replied to said "Modric wouldnt have done shit if we held onto him"...then he has the nerve to ask me how I know something I never claimed to.

Then people pick out MY POST!! Fucking this place is a joke sometimes

Haha, well you do seem to spend a lot of time explaining to people on here they haven't read your posts correctly!

I believe the decision to sell Modric did not lie with Villas-Boas.

Neither do I, and have never said it did.

Do you believe he was sold over AVBs head, by Levy?

I dont, I think they both discussed him being sold, both came to an agreement on it, and he was sold. Both share responsibility IF thats the case.

In all seriousness, cba to write an essay. I always get home late and read through it all then by the time I get to write it's all been done for me. One thing that's not been said much, how did we sound? (I went, City are a shit club with shit fans and a shit accent.)

Afraid sound isn't a luxury I'm afforded when watching Spurs on my PC (I get to watch the Euro games on TV at least!)...though, considering some of the pundits and commentary, I often consider myself fortunate.

What is more sickening than our form is the moaning. People claiming we should have played 4-4-2 against city and the Ethiad are crazy. Even Redknapp thought 4-4-2 left us too open. Also, the scapegoating of AVB and Dempsey is tiresome. The entire team was shit today except Adebayor, Sandro, and perhaps Caulker. Yet, no one mentions how terrible Bale and Lennon were.

Our fundamental problem is our inability to hold the ball. We have didn't have a single player who protects the ball at the moment. Dembele is the player we need plus another midfielder another CM in the window. Sammy, AVB didn't have a single thing to do with our transfer window. He wanted Moutinho and Willian and got Dempsey instead because he was the cheap option. Levy is the bank and DOF he makes all the final decisions, there is a reason him and Redknapp didn't get on too and it was Levy's cheapness in the transfer market.

We are simply lacking in talent to go compete in open play with City at the Etihad regardless of formation. Our healthy first team is excellent but having to play Huddlestone every game, Vertonghen at LB, no legitimate alternative to Lennon/Bale, and dealing with the shit platoon of Dempsey and Siggurdson doesn't give AVB a bunch of options. We need to get healthy and buy creative players, that is our problem.

I cannot accept that AVB is in any way responsible for selling Modric...Mod was gone (not literally) before VB arrived. It was all about finalising the deal by then, which is strictly Levy's domain.

Back
Top Bottom