Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah
If people are upset about the result (in my opinion we should've got over this hours ago) then surely a forum is a good place to vent about any frustrations about the game.
FUCK Woolwich AND CHELSEA AND ROMAN ABRAMOVIC THE MOTHERFUCKING RICH CUNT WIPES HIS ASS WITH A FACKEN 50 QUID NOTE AND THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE OF A WANKER DROGBA, FUCK YOU CUNT! DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE BOLLOCKY FUCKERS WHO SUPPORT CHELSEA, FUCK EM! #AVBOUT

I don't think we need to come in here and act like there is a crisis when there isn't. We are in a poor spell of form, but its not like we are in the relegation zone. Things could be worse and if they get there, I promise I'll be a miserable cunt along with the rest of them. But I'm not going to harp on the team after they lost by a goal in the 88th minute against Man City away. I guess that makes me a hippy though. Anyone want to hit this bong?

3p5g0s.jpg
fine_troll_dancing.gif

Ah yes, I now remember why I usually avoid the forum after a loss. (I prefer to sit and feel sorry for myself pretending that football doesn't really matter that much than seeing everyone argue on the internet) But I was just so bored today that I found myself here again so....

eezCO.gif

Isn’t it nice to be able to bring on a 20 million pound striker to win you the game

You've summed it all up really, they can bring on world class striker after striker and we're trying to influence the game with Karl Naughton at right wing.

We need every player fit to beat them, we're not in their league as things stand but neither are 16 of the
other teams we play every week.

Well I would say if Lennon gets injured who have we got?
Bale?

Townsend clearly isnt anywhere near their level.

If Ade gets injured? Nobody like him?

Dembele?

Its not just against City, when we are struggling to beat the the likes of Wigan, we havent got real talent on the bench (at the moment) that can come on and make a big difference.

It wasn't a great game for us today and it didn't make great viewing. Either we went all out for it and it ended up in a goal fest or we tried to play on the counter-attack and nick a goal. Obviously we nicked a goal from a set-piece and quite comfortably saw out the 1st half really.

In the second half we all knew they would throw everything at us, we needed a bit more character in the team, someone to stand up and be counted. Sandro was immense in the middle, but he was alone. We need a team of players willing to roll their sleeves up in games like this. We sat back and invited the pressure with the intention that we could hurt them on the counter attack. Don't think there is anything wrong in that, it would be stupid to throw away a lead we had by over-committing trying to get another.

In the end we did concede a soft goal and it gave them a lift, gave them heart and demoralised us. Either the leader on the pitch (supposedly Gallas) or the manager have to pick the players up. This is where we lost it. Mancini was clever in exploiting us, we made two enforced subs (Lennon has supposedly pulled out of the Eng. squad injured) and it didn't help. We had to re-shuffle the defence, it caused us to be even more edgy and uncomfortable on the ball. One moment of class won it for them.

I honestly don't think we are that far away right now. The football might not be fantastic but AVB's hands are tied with the injuries as we know. Even with a full strength team we should be blown away by Man City, as already mentioned by someone else. We need some of the under-performing players to get a bit of confidence and/or the injured players to return. We're only 12 games in and it isn't the end of the world. The fans need to show some support and try to give the players a lift. After Woolwich, we have two important home games which could really decide whether we have a chance at getting into the top 4 this season. An improvement is needed and perhaps we should be more daring, to dare is to do etc. Even then, I'm not disappointed with how we set up today, it made sense and even though we rode our luck for a little while, on another day it could have worked perfectly. City were frustrated, we didn't look overly troubled. Just needed some more patience, confidence and composure on the ball.

Most of this probably doesn't even make sense, I've had a long day!

Didn't see the match. Had to lay a wreath at the local remembrance day ceremony. Sounds like it was a bit of a stinker. Haven't seen the match yet, so can't really comment on things but I just want to say that if we lost 2-1, while missing Dembele, BAE, Parker, etc. that's a good sign. If we can ever get to full strength, and add a good piece or two, second half of the season could be a stormer.

AVB needs to settle on his front two options, he has to commit to something. TBF, he's probably scared shitless because he'll be crucified for whatever he does, but the man's gotta make a choice. I'm not throwing him out yet though. May sound cliche to say, but it's still early days. Also, we've got way more than 2 points from 8 games, so we're doing alright.

(My opinion may change upon actually watching the damn thing.)

An aside:

Can I just say that City fans are a shadow of their former selves? Watching the game for the second time now on dvr and they are spiteful, almost sounds like a derby atmosphere. Every mistake we made was met with sarcastic cheers, and why they wish ill on Adebayor makes no sense to me. Do they really love Mancini so much to suggest he's never made a mistake in his man management? The money has changed the team, but also seems its changed that whole scene. The joke about Chelsea fans switching their allegiance to City is old and tired but where are all these miserable cunts coming from? When I started watching English football I loved their fans. "We're not really here," "Fans of the invisible man," inflatables and all that. Can't just be the money can it?

Last season at the 5-1 mauling I thought the City fans gave some good banter. But yeah, yesterday it sounded different. They can be really quiet there (not like us) but yesterday all the moaning was presumably down to the ref's decisions. They felt they were getting bad decisions through it all and until they equalised they were frustrated.

Plus, a lot of City fans detest Spurs. Makes me laugh.

I don't think we were that bad yesterday Ade and Sandro were absolute beasts. We shut them out most of the game, and it wasn't until Vertinghen gig a knock that they started having any joy.
We really miss Dembele and Dempsey continues to be pants though.

Back
Top Bottom