Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thinking about it more, I think Ade and Defoe could work against City. Sigurdsson and Dempsey doesn't feel me any confidence right now when either of them play.

The only thing is playing with these two upfront is, we really are putting our faith in Ade doing the dirty work for us. He can't just sit up there with Defoe, he needs to be helping the midfielders a lot like he did last night.

It will be a risk but maybe it could work?

Dawson is absolutely the wrong person for this game, he'd be spun in circles by the small quick players City would be fielding up front: Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, and maybe Silva if he recovers from injury. Only if City play with Balotelli or Dzeko does this make a lick of sense.

Remember the 5=1 game from last year, Daws was taken apart by Aguero.
For me we got to start Ade on sunday, being against he's old club you would expect him to have a good game.

Dawson is absolutely the wrong person for this game, he'd be spun in circles by the small quick players City would be fielding up front: Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, and maybe Silva if he recovers from injury. Only if City play with Balotelli or Dzeko does this make a lick of sense.
This means we kinda have to field Caulker and JV in the middle with Naught's playing LB, as Billy W is gonna get the same treatment, he's not quick enough for that anymore

We all remember Aguero racing past him in the 5-1 last season, and they probably have too many speedy players now, but in Daws' defence Tevez called him the best English centre back he's played against - that was after the 09-10 season when we kept two clean sheets against City.
:dawson:

Back to the old 4-2-3-1 then on Sunday, who's fit enough to play alongside Huddlestone?

It's a tricky one. I reckon Livermore could work playing 90 minutes next to Hudd- with his energy and work rate he'd be a good 'runner' to pair with a passer like Big Tom. To be honest though I'd rather see us gamble and see what Carroll's got. We know what the squad can achieve in the League without him, and that seems to be squeaking out difficult wins or just getting outfoxed by lesser sides. His inclusion might just be the wildcard that gives us a spark of life, as it (partially) did on Thursday.

It's a tricky one. I reckon Livermore could work playing 90 minutes next to Hudd- with his energy and work rate he'd be a good 'runner' to pair with a passer like Big Tom. To be honest though I'd rather see us gamble and see what Carroll's got. We know what the squad can achieve in the League without him, and that seems to be squeaking out difficult wins or just getting outfoxed by lesser sides. His inclusion might just be the wildcard that gives us a spark of life, as it (partially) did on Thursday.
Livermore/Hudd is a recipe to get overrun in midfield on Sunday.

Livermore/Hudd is literally the most negative pairing I can imagine. But then again, Sig and Dempsey are not doing the business either (in fact I would go as far as to say they have been less than usless (minus Dempsey's goal at OT). I would play Ade and Defoe personally, and Hudd and Sandro (if fit) if not give Falque a start: "Show me why you should be in my first team plans, Iago".

2ntlnjn.jpg

TAXI FOR MAICON PART II
:baletroll:

Livermore/Hudd is literally the most negative pairing I can imagine. But then again, Sig and Dempsey are not doing the business either (in fact I would go as far as to say they have been less than usless (minus Dempsey's goal at OT). I would play Ade and Defoe personally, and Hudd and Sandro (if fit) if not give Falque a start: "Show me why you should be in my first team plans, Iago".

Sandro/Livermore is even more negative and that's what we started the year with.

Early red card against City has us in the drivers seat for much of the game, but we are unable to create many chances as they park the bus. Ultimately we crack the nut and I bust a nut as we win with a 72nd minute belter from Bale. 0-1 Spurs

Early red card against City has us in the drivers seat for much of the game, but we are unable to create many chances as they park the bus. Ultimately we crack the nut and I bust a nut as we win with a 72nd minute belter from Bale. 0-1 Spurs
I would love this (love it!) but 1-0 to us is the last scoreline I would expect from this game.

Not a hope City will park the bus against us, especially at home

Back
Top Bottom