Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly would love AVB to be a success, but he scares the shit out of me with his decisions. I'm just bored being in the same "it'll be great soon" whirlpool.

Must admit, although in general I do want to see Lloris starting prem games now, I'm another one who doesn't get why people are saying Lloris should have started this one, after the match. It wasn't one of the problems today really, was it?

Must admit, although in general I do want to see Lloris starting prem games now, I'm another one who doesn't get why people are saying Lloris should have started this one, after the match. It wasn't one of the problems today really, was it?
For me, it's not so much that there's anything wrong with Friedel, it's that I think Lloris is just a better player and a better fit for the team.

while I agree there were bigger problems today, it would be nice to have a keeper that could have played the sweeper today considering our offside trap

I honestly would love AVB to be a success, but he scares the shit out of me with his decisions. I'm just bored being in the same "it'll be great soon" whirlpool.

The returning players should help, but I still dont see AVB having a plan to cope with injuries, or without the right players even at the club.

Its just play the same formation, with whoever, regardless off effectiveness. Tiresome.

The returning players should help, but I still dont see AVB having a plan to cope with injuries, or without the right players even at the club.

Its just play the same formation, with whoever, regardless off effectiveness. Tiresome.

Re Formation, doent everyone?

City are the only team that really mix it up and Mancini has had loads of stick for that.

To cheer everyone up and put it into perspective, here's an Woolwich fan i just saw on my mates facebook:
not only can i no longer bear to watch them, i cant even bear to look for there results any more ,its just to painfull. Its well over time for the board and the bumbling, arm waving french buffon to go and sooner rather than later.

:levyeyes:

People are really saying ''AVB out''? :avbcringe:

We did make it hard for ourselves today though. We do like to dick about with the ball a bit too much at the back and fail to play the simply ball. The same with Ade who worked hard but gave the ball away more than he managed to keep it or pass it! I'm not to downbeat although it would have been nice to have held on for the draw. We massively miss Dembele surging forward with the ball and then providing a killer ball. Did AVB say if he would be back for the scum?

Actually having just seen the goal again, looked like we had 3 at the back to try and match city in midfield.

is that not changing formation?

Actually, although the end product wasn't necessarily there I enjoyed the way Ade seemed to play with confidence today - was almost bullying citeh a little in the first half. I hope this rubs off on some of the others. He looked a little tired before he went off, a few more games and I am optimistic about the season ahead for him.

I just hope we can ride out the storm until we get everyone back and fit.

The storm being, all the games we need to play without important members of the first team, and the backlash from the fans who knew we'd win if we did it their way...apparently.

Actually, although the end product wasn't necessarily there I enjoyed the way Ade seemed to play with confidence today - was almost bullying citeh a little in the first half. I hope this rubs off on some of the others. He looked a little tired before he went off, a few more games and I am optimistic about the season ahead for him.
This is exactly why he needs to start from now on imo. Defoe doesnt do enough to worry other defenders.

Defoe playing alongside is another thing all together mind.

I just hope we can ride out the storm until we get everyone back and fit.

The storm being, all the games we need to play without important members of the first team, and the backlash from the fans who knew we'd win if we did it their way...apparently.
What AVB knows about football management thoroughly dwarves what I do, so not saying my decision wouldn't have worked any better. I just reserve the right to question them.

Next time you complain about the government, taxes, public services, what's on tv or in the newspaper, why your steak isn't quite cooked to your liking, just remember that others probably know better.....apparently.

I agree...there are many who could cook a steak better than me. But I don't believe for one moment anyone in the Government knows better than me! :D

Just got back home from my mates home, obviously gutted about the result. Missed the 1st half, watched the 2nd half up till 80th minute. Fucking Dzeko!

So looks like my match threads don't work anymore. Lasted till the 87 minute though.

Well I just cant wait until Kaboul is back.

And Dembele,

And Parker,

And BAE

And Lloris starts.

And Walker rediscovers last seasons form,

And Ade gets up to speed.

And we buy Moutinho in Jan. ;)

Well I just cant wait until Kaboul is back.

And Dembele,

And Parker,

And BAE

And Lloris starts.

And Walker rediscovers last seasons form,

And Ade gets up to speed.

And we buy Moutinho and Willian and Damiao in Jan. ;)

fixed it more.

What? With Ade playing in Sigg and Dempsey's role, we need competition for Defoe!

Back
Top Bottom