Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And this is a very good point that many are missing. In order to 'get the best out of Dele' you have to weaken the MF or drop your most dynamic attacker in Sonny or move him right and drop Moura. But Dele isn't as productive with a FB mark because unlike Sonny he's less of a takeon threat.
I’d like to see Jose drop Moura and replace him with Lo Celso and see how that goes. Lo Celso could provide more of a midfield support and we have width on the right with Aurier.

If you could have just kept your hands off your cock, then you might not be blind from wanking, and understand what goes on in a game of football. Go and play with your walkie-talkies.
Seriously?
Is that your level of response.

Why the hell are you people obsessed with handset radios?
I work in telecoms, do you have any idea of how many different forms of communication media there are?
It's like telling a chef to go and play with his toaster.

If it makes you happy I am currently working on a project that has radios in it.
And about 10 other methods of moving information from one place to another.

What do you do for employment?
Let's share and understand each other.
I'm guessing that you will lie or say something trite or attempt to be funny.

I did read and take in the rest of your post - just wanted to highlight a few bits which seemed related to positions, as although these may well be average positions physically taken on the pitch - I don't know the calculations used to drag players around so always look at heat maps. Touches don't tell the whole story I know, because just being somewhere without touching the ball is important - just found these interesting.

(Red = United, Blue = Spurs)
Below are the heat maps of Fred + McTominay vs Sissoko + Winks.
So few touches in the centre circle / middle of the pitch for us stood out to me.

1.jpg

Below is Winks alone. I had the impression for your average position image that Winks would have been getting on the ball in the area he is shown - but it appears he barely touched the ball in the place I expected him to.

2.jpg

You mentioned;

I think Ole set up to exploit that - but we weren't seeing Aurier playing off their back line very much, nor do I think we were set up for that against them. For me, he wanted a flat back 4 for the majority of the game expecting this from United.. But you can't compensate for calamity.

Below shows the combined heat maps of Aurier and Vertonghen against United.

3.jpg

For comparison, below is the combined heat map of Aurier and Vertonghen against Bournemouth. Far more lop sided. (Sorry they are different directions)

4.jpg

It just really got to me last night how we never seemed to have the ball in the middle of the pitch. It was knocked over the top, or out wide - but also weren't making interceptions or winning the ball in that central area.
There's no point looking at the Olympiacos game because of the early sub, but again for comparison sake - make of it what you will.. here are the midfield 2's heat maps;

Below is Dier + Winks against West Ham.
5.jpg

Below is Dier + Ndombele against Bournemouth.
6.jpg

Our possession stats in those 3 games;
West Ham - 52.9%
Bournemouth - 52.6%
Man Utd - 53.4%

Total touches in those 3 games;
West Ham - 655
Bournemouth - 714
Man Utd - 712

I'm not saying I know better than Mourinho or anything like that - just my observations.
It felt like the plan against United was play it over the top of the midfield or out wide, and allow them pointless possession - but ended up with both teams not being able to give the ball away fast enough. It was not a high quality game of football but I do believe the players attempted to carry out a game plan set out by Mourinho.
It probably could have worked. We could have been more clinical. Balls weren't expected to bounce off our attackers. Clumsy cunt errors weren't planned for - nor keeper failing at the near post basics.

It didn't work, but Mourinho will have learnt a lot about some of our players.. Like you can't rely on Sissoko, Aurier, Gazzaniga, Winks or Moura to consistently perform.

I kind of like his tactical thinking given we are a bit shit currently - as a pragmatic approach to getting something from the game. It didn't work and perhaps that was changed too late - but I'm glad to see some different tactical ideas as opposed to what it felt like under Poch for some time.

Having rewatched the game last night, I’m pretty sure he was still trying to push Aurier up higher than Vertonghen when we had the ball- there are times when we’ve lost the ball, they are baring down on our box and Aurier’s still out of camera shot, making his way back, but Utd were so (their) left side biased it inevitably pushed Aurier backwards at times.

With regard to us having no ball in the centre of the pitch, certainly until the subs, it's really hard to assess whether Sissoko continually being dragged out right was a tactical plan or a by-product of Mourinho pushing Aurier up despite Utd's main threat coming down that channel, it definitely isolated Winks in that central area:

This is Sissoko's touch map

1ZNAVtm.png

This is Winks

Dj6DVYr.png

If you add these to the positional heat maps, you'd almost think Sissoko was playing RM in a 442, not part of a double pivot, Winks is left to cover the rest of the pitch. No matter what that cocknocker RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK says, Winks was always going to struggle when outnumbered in a big expanse of pitch, especially as Lingard was dropping in too.

Why the hell are you people obsessed with handset radios?
I work in telecoms, do you have any idea of how many different forms of communication media there are?
It's like telling a chef to go and play with his toaster.
I thought you jumped out of planes for a living. I wouldn't mind jumping out of a plane with you strapped to my back.

You should follow football on the radio is the key point here.

If this response is not to your satisfaction, I could, perhaps, attempt to meet you on your level, and be more sanctimonious. And more meta. Would you like that, Mick?

Having rewatched the game last night, I’m pretty sure he was still trying to push Aurier up higher than Vertonghen when we had the ball- there are times when we’ve lost the ball, they are baring down on our box and Aurier’s still out of camera shot, making his way back, but Utd were so (their) left side biased it inevitably pushed Aurier backwards at times.

With regard to us having no ball in the centre of the pitch, certainly until the subs, it's really hard to assess whether Sissoko continually being dragged out right was a tactical plan or a by-product of Mourinho pushing Aurier up despite Utd's main threat coming down that channel, it definitely isolated Winks in that central area:

1ZNAVtm.png

This is Winks

Dj6DVYr.png

If you add these to the positional heat maps, you'd almost think Sissoko was playing RM in a 442, not part of a double pivot, Winks is left to cover the rest of the pitch. No matter what that cocknocker RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK says, Winks was always going to struggle when outnumbered in a big expanse of pitch, especially as Lingard was dropping in too.
Specify the times where he was outnumbered. And let's do this, you washed-up superchef.

And as an added bonus, I will show you where Vertonghen is taking a throw-in and Winks turns his back on him.

I thought you jumped out of planes for a living. I wouldn't mind jumping out of a plane with you strapped to my back.

You should follow football on the radio is the key point here.

If this response is not to your satisfaction, I could, perhaps, attempt to meet you on your level, and try to be more sanctimonious. And more meta. Would you like that, Mick?
I jump out of planes for fun
I talk to people like you on TFC, because I refuse to be cowed by posters who think they know me, but have no idea...
If you understood what sanctimony really was, you would change your approach.
With you it's just a curiosity of why you would go public to expose your lack of knowledge.
You are really trying to be funny, but it's not working
Unless trying to be a bit gay is now the new "comedy" vibe.

The idea that the manager (or players for that matter) could be complacent after such flawed performances in the last few games alone (let alone the rest of the seasons showings) disgusts me...

How fucking dare they?????
We've been hearing this for a while haven't we

"Went into the game a bit over confident"

Even when putting a shit run together we stayed "Over confident"

1ZNAVtm.png

This is Winks

Dj6DVYr.png

Which makes me wonder why Dele didn't drop in and help out like Lingard. He was basically playing the same position as Son (LW) looking at his touch map.

Is that Dele playing this free role we are told about, or Mourinho perhaps saying that Jan stays back - so stagger your movement to the left side to help Son.

The way it played out, we had 3 wide players on each side of the pitch.
Aurier - Sissoko - Moura
Vertonghen - Dele - Son
Leaving Winks with a ridiculous amount of work to perform on his own. Surely that wasn't Jose's plan.

Lingard;
7.jpg

Dele;
8.jpg

Son;
9.jpg

Specify the times where he was outnumbered. And let's do this, you washed-up superchef.

And as an added bonus, I will show you where Vertonghen is taking a throw-in and Winks turns his back on him.

I'm not claiming Winks never hides, I'm not Wink's biggest fan either, I don't want him in my first 11, but he does it a lot less than Sissoko, who spends as much time as possible finding ways to avoid the ball.

And last night Sissoko ended up spending a lot of time out right, leaving Winks up against Fred/McT/Lingard in more central areas.

The last time we did this fucking dance (about a week ago) in ten minutes of football I gave you about 6 examples of something you questioned.

I don't have the match recorded, and I really can't be arsed to download it and then re-watch it and screen grab it. I'd much rather you just kept dicking with agent Cooper.

I'm not claiming Winks never hides, I'm not Wink's biggest fan either, I don't want him in my first 11, but he does it a lot less than Sissoko, who spends as much time as possible finding ways to avoid the ball.

And last night Sissoko ended up spending a lot of time out right, leaving Winks up against Fred/McT/Lingard in more central areas.

The last time we did this fucking dance (about a week ago) in ten minutes of football I gave you about 6 examples of something you questioned.

I don't have the match recorded, and I really can't be arsed to download it and then re-watch it and screen grab it. I'd much rather you just kept dicking with agent Cooper.
Times. Or shut up.

0-94

Now fuck off, I've got Giri Haji to watch.
I have great time for your views, generally speaking, but you are so transparent in your dishonesty at times. You claimed we ended up sitting back against West Ham because Eric Dier would not show for the ball. Except you couldn't prove it. But the best part is you seem to think sufficient time has passed for me to forget that you could not prove it (a classic stunt from the BC playbook), and are wheeling out the same specious crap again.

I did nothing my friend. It was all down to a group of members who decided to stop exchanging insults, threats and foul language and concentrate on the real reason we are all here ...Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

It's been such a pleasant change to see the various threads contain genuine friendly debate rather than be littered with unnecessary and page consuming vitriolic crap. I used to hate sifting through pages of bile in order to read one interesting posting.

So much nicer to see friendly jibes and the odd piss take being received in the manner in which they are given rather than being pounced on as inflammatory and answered with semi moronic outpourings.
The amount of automatic 'disagrees' seems to have also declined which is great to see.

I just hope that the old days of mindless personal attacks are now behind everybody and the 'feuds' are ended. It's all a question of choice and within the control of those members who were directly involved in them.

Should the forum return to it's former ways then I feel that would be an unfortunate decision and have a negative effect on would be new members. The solution for me however, would be simple. I don't enjoy reading such dross and I don't have to.
Toodles.

I have great time for your views, generally speaking, but you are so transparent in your dishonesty at times. You claimed we ended up sitting back against West Ham because Eric Dier would not show for the ball. Except you couldn't prove it. But the best part is you seem to think sufficient time has passed for me to forget that you could not prove it (a classic stunt from the BC playbook), and are wheeling out the same specious crap again.

Fuck yourself and your fuck your great time for my views you duplicitous cunt.

I took the time, I gave you a handful of examples, a couple of which you then made limp excuses for, such as "he'd taken a knock a few minutes previously". It's got fuck all to do with dishonesty, it is just fucking time consuming to wade through a game (again) screen grab whole sequences, convert them and fucking narrate them, just for you to come up with some spurious excuse.

You think Dier does show for the ball enough under pressure ?

I've looked through the first ten minutes, here is an example, maybe not the best, but I'm not spending all night rewatching a game.

kyq4A2O.png

I'm not sure the exact minute because it's obscured by an add, around 8m 30 I'm guessing. Find this moment on your download and take it back a little further. The move starts with Moura winning the ball deep on the right hand side, Sissoko is in front of him down the right, Moura switches play, and sprints to be up with it, watch how Sissoko makes virtually no effort to move toward the direction of play now, through the sequence, various things happen until we get to this shot, now because Sissoko has been so slow/reluctant to involve himself or even get himself anywhere near involvement (from the time the sequence starts with Moura winning the ball to this frame Sissoko could run the length of the pitch, but is about 5 yards from where he started on the right, instead of in the middle of the pitch ready to join play or help defensively if play breaks down and we lose the ball.

Winks is showing but he's now in the middle of 4 Utd players, Vertonghen is aware of this and can't take this option because he can see Winks is about to be closed down by three players.

Now keep watching this sequence, eventually the ball finds it's way to Alderwiereld. Winks again offers himself, Sissoko isn't making any effort at all, not only to make himself an option, but to make himself a secondary option for Winks should the ball go to him:

5c55BNh.jpg

TA decides to switch too Sanchez. So you'd assume Sissoko would do what Winks had just done for TA and at least show and make an option, drag a player away etc. no, Sissoko just stands there, making sure he's nicely tucked away behind Fred(or Lingaurd)

U9bBTIH.jpg

But surely as the play develops and Sanchez looks ever more desperate for an out ball Sissoko will respond? Yes, by shadowing behind the Utd player, mirroring his moves, actually deliberately moving to keep the Utd player between him and Sanchez:

QXDdSaN.jpg

s1SyTUq.jpg

s1SyTUq.jpg

4x2eUZK.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom