Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Either way the result was the same, as the above shows clearly, Winks was left completely isolated in the middle
Liar.
Add to this the omnipresent inability of Sissoko to offer himself (to CB's or in midfield game play - there's a great example of this around the 36 min mark when Aurier is hemmed in while Sissoko and Moura stand around watching.
Winks did plenty of hiding, and he is the one who is expected to actually get on the fucking ball.

Liar.

Winks did plenty of hiding, and he is the one who is expected to actually get on the fucking ball.

You don’t think Winks ended up isolated in central midfield?

You don’t think in a cm2 both are expected to get on the ball?

Winks definitely doesn’t have that “get myself out of reach” down to the fine art Sissoko does.

No.

What did Mou say when he played Dier and Winks together in CM against West Ham? What did he say their roles were?

Hiding is hiding.

Did Mou tell Dier to avoid the ball at all costs? Did he he tell Sissoko to make sure he’s got an opponent between him and the team mate on the ball as often as possible - while pointing to a random part of the pitch.

If he did, he can fuck off and suck lemons in Poch’s garden shed.

I did nothing my friend. It was all down to a group of members who decided to stop exchanging insults, threats and foul language and concentrate on the real reason we are all here ...Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

It's been such a pleasant change to see the various threads contain genuine friendly debate rather than be littered with unnecessary and page consuming vitriolic crap. I used to hate sifting through pages of bile in order to read one interesting posting.

So much nicer to see friendly jibes and the odd piss take being received in the manner in which they are given rather than being pounced on as inflammatory and answered with semi moronic outpourings.
The amount of automatic 'disagrees' seems to have also declined which is great to see.

I just hope that the old days of mindless personal attacks are now behind everybody and the 'feuds' are ended. It's all a question of choice and within the control of those members who were directly involved in them.

Should the forum return to it's former ways then I feel that would be an unfortunate decision and have a negative effect on would be new members. The solution for me however, would be simple. I don't enjoy reading such dross and I don't have to.
The dream of Utopia.
When a lot of this shit began I pmd some of my main complainants and offered to put them on ignore and never post comment about them or their opinions, if they did the same to me - for the good of the board.
Some of them have gone or rarely post, but arcspace............
I never start being rude or abusive to posters, but am quite capable of defending myself if necessary. I am happy to heed my mothers advice about "being Jack Blunt" and to treat others in a manner that I would like them to treat me.
Sadly there are people on here who have no capacity for tolerating contrary opinions, and abuse people personally in a foul and obnoxious manner, because they can do it without getting the shit beaten out of them. The internet has championed intolerance and the worst depths of peoples personality, because it does nothing to regulate its worst offenders.
This site allows posters worst excesses and has a self regulating system of "peoples justice" without issuing a final sanction for persistent offenders.
There are some truly antisocial and obnoxious posters on here, and it's sad, because of all of the valid and articulate points you make.

n0Z3c4Z.png

I did read and take in the rest of your post - just wanted to highlight a few bits which seemed related to positions, as although these may well be average positions physically taken on the pitch - I don't know the calculations used to drag players around so always look at heat maps. Touches don't tell the whole story I know, because just being somewhere without touching the ball is important - just found these interesting.

(Red = United, Blue = Spurs)
Below are the heat maps of Fred + McTominay vs Sissoko + Winks.
So few touches in the centre circle / middle of the pitch for us stood out to me.

1.jpg

Below is Winks alone. I had the impression for your average position image that Winks would have been getting on the ball in the area he is shown - but it appears he barely touched the ball in the place I expected him to.

2.jpg

You mentioned;

I quite like what Mourinho has been doing with the lop sided - Aurier - pushed up in a back three with the ball and back four without - with the pace of Sanchez, using him as a kind of CB/RB hybrid. But against a very left biased ManU team, this was exposed somewhat.

I think Ole set up to exploit that - but we weren't seeing Aurier playing off their back line very much, nor do I think we were set up for that against them. For me, he wanted a flat back 4 for the majority of the game expecting this from United.. But you can't compensate for calamity.

Below shows the combined heat maps of Aurier and Vertonghen against United.

3.jpg

For comparison, below is the combined heat map of Aurier and Vertonghen against Bournemouth. Far more lop sided. (Sorry they are different directions)

4.jpg

It just really got to me last night how we never seemed to have the ball in the middle of the pitch. It was knocked over the top, or out wide - but also weren't making interceptions or winning the ball in that central area.
There's no point looking at the Olympiacos game because of the early sub, but again for comparison sake - make of it what you will.. here are the midfield 2's heat maps;

Below is Dier + Winks against West Ham.
5.jpg

Below is Dier + Ndombele against Bournemouth.
6.jpg

Our possession stats in those 3 games;
West Ham - 52.9%
Bournemouth - 52.6%
Man Utd - 53.4%

Total touches in those 3 games;
West Ham - 655
Bournemouth - 714
Man Utd - 712

I'm not saying I know better than Mourinho or anything like that - just my observations.
It felt like the plan against United was play it over the top of the midfield or out wide, and allow them pointless possession - but ended up with both teams not being able to give the ball away fast enough. It was not a high quality game of football but I do believe the players attempted to carry out a game plan set out by Mourinho.
It probably could have worked. We could have been more clinical. Balls weren't expected to bounce off our attackers. Clumsy cunt errors weren't planned for - nor keeper failing at the near post basics.

It didn't work, but Mourinho will have learnt a lot about some of our players.. Like you can't rely on Sissoko, Aurier, Gazzaniga, Winks or Moura to consistently perform.

I kind of like his tactical thinking given we are a bit shit currently - as a pragmatic approach to getting something from the game. It didn't work and perhaps that was changed too late - but I'm glad to see some different tactical ideas as opposed to what it felt like under Poch for some time.

No.

What did Mou say when he played Dier and Winks together in CM against West Ham? What did he say their roles were?

Hiding is hiding.
You really dont understand what you see when you watch football, do you?
if you cant understand either what a players virtues and talents are, or how he was left wandering in no mans land whilst the players who should have been there to help him out, then keep your hands off the keyboard. He was left him alone to mark large spaces of the pitch. He didn't hide - he was abandoned in plain sight.
Try to view a game without your preconceptions blinding your field of vision.

You really dont understand what you see when you watch football, do you?
if you cant understand either what a players virtues and talents are, or how he was left wandering in no mans land whilst the players who should have been there to help him out, then keep your hands off the keyboard. He was left him alone to mark large spaces of the pitch. He didn't hide - he was abandoned in plain sight.
Try to view a game without your preconceptions blinding your field of vision.

Try to let other posters have their own view without you patronisingly accusing them of not understanding what they are watching you arrogant cunt

Especially ironic after your last post

All about Mick as per usual

The dream of Utopia.
When a lot of this shit began I pmd some of my main complainants and offered to put them on ignore and never post comment about them or their opinions, if they did the same to me - for the good of the board.
I never start being rude or abusive to posters, but am quite capable of defending myself if necessary. I am happy to heed my mothers advice about "being Jack Blunt" and to treat others in a manner that I would like them to treat me.
Sadly there are people on here who have no capacity for tolerating contrary opinions, and abuse people personally in a foul and obnoxious manner, because they can do it without getting the shit beaten out of them. The internet has championed intolerance and the worst depths of peoples personality, because it does nothing to regulate its worst offenders.
This site allows posters worst excesses and has a self regulating system of "peoples justice" without issuing a final sanction for persistent offenders.
There are some truly antisocial and obnoxious posters on here, and it's sad, because of all of the valid and articulate points you make.

Antisocial and Obnoxious

Yes aren’t you Mick

The dream of Utopia.

Many of the posters concerned rely on provocation and intimidation to extract a reaction from their 'targets'. I simply refuse to get sucked into these cess pits by ignoring insults or unnecessary 'disagrees'. It's so much more satisfying not to 'bite' and avoid becoming embroiled in a war of words, that inevitably ends up involving personal scathing attacks and even physical threats.

I have no problem with someone having an alternative viewpoint to mine and giving me a 'disagree' on a posting. I would far rather that they then explained why they took that stance on a particular subject and it was discussed in a friendly and reasonable manner. It may even result in me having a rethink and changing my opinion but more often than not both parties end up 'agreeing to disagree' and move on in an amicable fashion.

Utopia ? maybe, I call it just wanting to behave in a normal civilised manner that allows everyone a voice in here without fear of unwarranted and unnecessary threatening negative responses.

if you cant understand either what a players virtues and talents are, or how he was left wandering in no mans land whilst the players who should have been there to help him out, then keep your hands off the keyboard.
If you could have just kept your hands off your cock, then you might not be blind from wanking, and understand what goes on in a game of football. Go and play with your walkie-talkies.

If you could have just kept your hands off your cock, then you might not be blind from wanking, and understand what goes on in a game of football. Go and play with your walkie-talkies.

5 miles behind the front line

Back
Top Bottom