Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really thought we would win tonight , seems the new manager bounce has worn off , still least we can go all out in the CL
I wondered why so many thought it would definitely be a win. Away at OT isn't easy for any team in Europe. It's like going to Anfield or Bernebau.

Forwards got no service and had to drop so deep to collect the ball that they had to run forty yards against United’s 7-behind the ball. Not a hope. And somebody needs to tell Aurier that the guy in the green is their goalie and is allowed to catch the ball!

I know Jose is new and he needs to install his ethos, but I just look at Liverpool and I don’t see how we will ever get to that point.

They are just amazing from top to bottom. The belief is outstanding now matter who is playing for them.

We have lacked the will once again in this match. Complete lack of desire to win over the momentum
At least 6 new players to get to that point.

Just going to add one more thing.

Despite us being utterly dollop and deserving nothing where the fuck have they pulled 4 minutes of injury time from?
It was 2 and a half minutes just for the penalty decision and delay, add in 6 subs, Lindgard going down with cramp, the ref making a big show of running over to Young to tell him off for time wasting, and De Gea wasting time on every goal kick.

As I said we deserved nothing, but I'm sick of this bullshit time keeping. Should have been 6-7 minutes at least

If the ref is going to delay play to tell a guy to stop delaying, it needs to be to give him a yellow card.

I don’t think Winks is good enough and I also don’t think we can honestly claim to be taken seriously with Sissoko as CM. He’s a great guy and a great professional, and he can do bits and pieces as a sub, but he is not technically good enough to push us forward.

Ndombele has to play every game.If he’s had one too many doughnuts, handcuff him to a treadmill.

The absolute fucking gulf in quality between us and City is almost a whole league’s worth. Watching Bernardo, de Bruyne, Silva and Rodri last night......and we play like *that*???

Early days

For Mourinho yes but not for Sissoko, his limitations are well established. He doesn’t have the intelligence or technical ability to play in the midfield. An utter flop like Fred looked like Xabi Alonso compared to him.

Mou is still learning about the players and I’m sure he will have learned a lot from today. This team needs a proper defensive midfielder in the starting XI. Lucas is not a starter. Sissoko is not a central player. If Mou is switched on he will see these things immediately.

I get that Mourinho has to work with what he has inherited but for the love of Christ why give Lo Celso only 5 mins and keep bringing on Eriksen.

He couldnt look less bothered if he tried.

Played a couple of class passes though, we would be so much better with him onboard.

Back
Top Bottom