Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sunday 4th Oct - 4.30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope at least 2 of Sanchez, Aurier, Reggie starts. They have fast attackers and a back4 of doherty, davies, dier and toby is tooooo slow to keep up.

It's being an amazing week for us and we are doing incredibly well.

Maybe we will feel a bit of fatigue on Sunday, or maybe we will smash them. But more than anything, the best feeling I got is that after the break is when our real season will start, with al the signings, etc, and I have a great feeling about that.

7XxFQcF.jpg

Hart, Davies, Toby, Winks, Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela

or

HYWxiBD.jpg

Hart, Davies, Toby, Winks, Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela

In the worst case scenario that both Lo Celso and Son are injured:

[FORMATION=352,Lloris,Tanganga,Dier,Sanchez,Aurier,Ndombele,Hojbjerg,Alli,Reguilon,Kane,Vinicius][/FORMATION]

If Lo Celso is fit, he can play ahead of Alli at CM. If Son is fit he plays instead of Vinicius. If Vinicius isn't ready given his medical is today, put Lucas up top.

I hope at least 2 of Sanchez, Aurier, Reggie starts. They have fast attackers and a back4 of doherty, davies, dier and toby is tooooo slow to keep up.
Have a feeling we will be sitting pretty deep so not too worried about the speed. I do think it's likely we see Aurier and Sanchez on the right side though.

[FORMATION=433,Lloris,Aurier,Sanchez,Dier,Reguilon,Lo Celso,Hojbjerg,Ndombele,Lamela,Kane,Son][/FORMATION]

Bench: Hart, Doherty, Toby, Dele, Moura, Bergwijn, Vinicius

We have never received a penalty against them in the premier league era. (cup games excluded) That's a shocking stat.

I’m not in the least bit shocked by that stat. How many have they got, I wonder. I’d suspect you are well into double digits.

One thing that concerns me regarding this match based on what we say today.is the lack of pressure on the ball in the central regions just outside of the box.
So many times Maccabi players had shots from there. Jose wasn't happy about this. We can't afford to let someone like Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood, Rashford to pepper the goal from shots like that.

Whoever plays in the CM role needs to block the shot.
I'm going for speed in the back 4.

-------------Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Dier Reguilon
-------Hojbjerg----Sissoko
------------Ndombele - - - - -
Lucas - - - Kane-------Lamela

I hope we don't respect them too much. Let's get in their face. Brighton showed last week that if you get the ball and attack them you can get good scoring chances. I suspect Jose will do the same as Palace did 2 weeks ago and play on the counter.

And how many have they received against us?

I'll guess 12.

Edit. Just seen the post above.
I found it on the premier league website.. It says penalties awarded, Utd have 7(scored all),Spurs 0.
I can only imagine if it were certain other clubs, it would be an issue discussed in the media and show up the blatant bias
I'm useless with cut pasting and all that stuff.

[FORMATION=4231, Lloris, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon, Hobjerg, Ndombele, Lamela, Lo Celso, Lucas, Kane][/FORMATION]

Subs: Hart, Aurier, Alderweireld, Davies, Winks, Dele, Bergwijn

I think it will be this, although if GLC isn't 100% I think Winks might play alongside Ndombele and Hojbjerg rather than Dele coming in. Unlucky for Sissoko but Jose normally likes to make sure every position is covered on the bench so Aurier/Toby/Davies have to be on there.

Back
Top Bottom