Marks for Levy/Enic

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marks

• A Outstanding

• B Good

• C Average

• D Below average

• E Dismal

• F Utter failure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Better man than me. I couldn’t give a fuck.
Well, that really was the point of this thread, to see what people genuinely think.
Instead of the usual Levy is a Saint or Levy is the Devil sort of thing.
It certainly wasn't to try and score points or to get one over on the LOB.

Tbh, I'm surprised so many went for B, although I was flirting with it myself.
I tried to weigh all sides of being the CEO and come to a genuine opinion.

That being said I knew there would be some trolls that would vote A or F.
Oh well.

This is a difficult one for me. When they took over, we were an utter shambles and not even trying to compete with leading English clubs. The PL and Sky years had us as a weak embarrassment of a mid table club with nothing but allusions of grandeur from a very grainy past.

20 years later and we’re one of the big teams - except for one mayor exception: trophies.

Liverpool, Arse, Chavs, Yanited, City have all won PL titles and FA Cups in that time. We have fuck all.

We are commercially successful, we have great facilities, our global brand is hugely enhanced... but on the pitch it hasn’t been good enough. Time and again our decisions around the First Team squad have been poor, and we’ve missed key opportunities to really push on and cement ourselves as a leading club where it matters.

Great business leadership; mediocre footballing leadership at best.

C.

Well, that really was the point of this thread, to see what people genuinely think.
Instead of the usual Levy is a Saint or Levy is the Devil sort of thing.
It certainly wasn't to try and score points or to get one over on the LOB.

Tbh, I'm surprised so many went for B, although I was flirting with it myself.
I tried to weigh all sides of being the CEO and come to a genuine opinion.

That being said I knew there would be some trolls that would vote A or F.
Oh well.

Oh it's a good poll, Stevee..... It's achieving exactly what it says on the tin.

(Btw, I think the A vote is from a sarcastic hater.... I don't think anyone on here thinks ENIC are beyond reproach.)

Oh it's a good poll, Stevee..... It's achieving exactly what it says on the tin.

(Btw, I think the A vote is from a sarcastic hater.... I don't think anyone on here thinks ENIC are beyond reproach.)
I hadn't thought of that. I thought it was from somebody who isn't that interested/bothered by the issue.

Do you think a Levy lover would vote F for the laugh?

What did you vote for?
I know you are anti Levy but curious to see how you genuinely rate his stewardship of the club.
No doubt the infrastructure is excellent . They have built a great stadium , training ground etc ,
I don't think it will make any difference under their stewardship.
What overides everything is the football team as personally brother l think we are in a mess.
They ain't in it to win anything , l have no faith in a disinterested owner or Mr Levy as a football man.
E from little lonesome me.

No doubt the infrastructure is excellent . They have built a great stadium , training ground etc ,
I don't think it will make any difference under their stewardship.
What overides everything is the football team as personally brother l think we are in a mess.
They ain't in it to win anything , l have no faith in a disinterested owner or Mr Levy as a football man.
E from little lonesome me.
Fair enough
Thanks for the reply

I hadn't thought of that. I thought it was from somebody who isn't that interested/bothered by the issue.

Do you think a Levy lover would vote F for the laugh?

I'd guess not.... I don't see the sarcasm dynamic working the same way.

This is a difficult one for me. When they took over, we were an utter shambles and not even trying to compete with leading English clubs. The PL and Sky years had us as a weak embarrassment of a mid table club with nothing but allusions of grandeur from a very grainy past.

20 years later and we’re one of the big teams - except for one mayor exception: trophies.

Liverpool, Arse, Chavs, Yanited, City have all won PL titles and FA Cups in that time. We have fuck all.

We are commercially successful, we have great facilities, our global brand is hugely enhanced... but on the pitch it hasn’t been good enough. Time and again our decisions around the First Team squad have been poor, and we’ve missed key opportunities to really push on and cement ourselves as a leading club where it matters.

Great business leadership; mediocre footballing leadership at best.

C.
Same for me, well, C- but I voted "Average" too.

It's hard to assess, what with there being two wildly different criteria. B for one, D for the other, so C. The minus is for the lack of transparency and signing Nelson and Saha

Same for me, well, C- but I voted "Average" too.

It's hard to assess, what with there being two wildly different criteria. B for one, D for the other, so C. The minus is for the lack of transparency and signing Nelson and Saha
To be fair, I nearly gave an F for Nelsen and Saha.

I have given them a C mainly because I'm thinking of the football side, I've given them a C for the champion league appearances but the lack of trophies remains a sore point with me. The Poch era will go down as the best spurs side never to win a trophy. I think it's rather shameful, right now I'd like ENIC to focus their mind and think of a set up that can support Jose and any other manager that comes after him post coronavirus.
We need to look at the best scouting systems in the world and take some ideas from it.

I have given them a C mainly because I'm thinking of the football side, I've given them a C for the champion league appearances but the lack of trophies remains a sore point with me. The Poch era will go down as the best spurs side never to win a trophy. I think it's rather shameful, right now I'd like ENIC to focus their mind and think of a set up that can support Jose and any other manager that comes after him post coronavirus.
We need to look at the best scouting systems in the world and take some ideas from it.
I gave them a C for the stadium, being consistent top 4 challengers and reaching finals.

I really, really wanted to give them a B, but I couldn't justify it.

And I set the fucking thing up
:mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom