Match fred: Chelski (a) - The Jimmy Greaves derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VirginiaSpur said:
I wish Adebayor would kick the ball with just a little more force than the average toddler.

Otherwise, I'll take the point. It's a step in the right direction.

I see the frustration with parts of his game, but it makes such a difference having him playing.

Brings so much to the team in fixtures like that, at least today he did anyhow.

tehTrunk said:
VirginiaSpur said:
I wish Adebayor would kick the ball with just a little more force than the average toddler.

Otherwise, I'll take the point. It's a step in the right direction.

I see the frustration with parts of his game, but it makes such a difference having him playing.

Brings so much to the team in fixtures like that, at least today he did anyhow.
He is vastly underappreciated IMO. I keep hearing Defoe's name chanted in matches, but Defoe doesn't get stuck into the team, or create chances for others. Ade works hard and puts in a shift in most games when he's fit.

Adebayor did a fantastic job of holding the ball up with no one around him time after time today just like he has all season. He's by far the best option we have at striker and adds loads to the team, and our style is completely different with Adebayor absent. Still I think VASpur isn't far off in his criticism. Adebayor's passing wasn't incisive today, not typical of him, and his finishing has been poor for a while.

Thought Ade was a bit of a 'badman' today, realised he was literally the only one who had the energy to get forward and decided to take it upon himself to run literally everywhere :ade: thought he had a great game. Did pick his time to unleash the timidest shot in the world :adegrin:

Oh come on. I didn't say anything to criticize Ade other than that he doesn't put a lot of force behind the ball.

Read any number of my posts in the past and I've expounded on his worth to the team. I just wish that I'd see him bury it once or twice.

neg rep for saying he doesn't kick it very hard??!?! He doesn't!!

Agree it was hes best game since we beat the barcodes but hes not a clinical striker.

VirginiaSpur said:
Oh come on. I didn't say anything to criticize Ade other than that he doesn't put a lot of force behind the ball.

Read any number of my posts in the past and I've expounded on his worth to the team. I just wish that I'd see him bury it once or twice.

neg rep for saying he doesn't kick it very hard??!?! He doesn't!!

neg rep for complaining about neg rep

TrollFace_inline.png

Pretty pleased with the game as a whole.

We were nervous first half, if we continued to play that way in the second, we'd of lost it so fair play to 'Arry for that.

Thought Ade was great today, all he needed was a goal! Anyone see him do his 'I've scored against Woolwich' sprint to find space? Quality.

On a serious note, I'm delighted with the result today.

Genuinely thought it was going to be a good three or four nil to Chelsea but the lads worked hard, harried and got stuck in.

Very proud of the boys today. We should of won but I would of took a point before the game.

Hopefully we can push on after today.

Very impressed with Ade's work rate today, let's hope the sun stays out for him if he carrys on like he played today.

I thought Gallas brought some much needed organisation and leadership to the team today, he was superb in that respect. You see all the players listen too him too. We need more of that. SHame he's getting on...

Ade was superb again today, miss aside he ran his socks off.

Walker has got some GAS

Dru said:
I thought Gallas brought some much needed organisation and leadership to the team today, he was superb in that respect. You see all the players listen too him too. We need more of that. SHame he's getting on...

Like Gallas, good pro. Not enough of them around.

Reptile_16 said:
Dru said:

Like Gallas, good pro. Not enough of them around.

I really want Caulker to play with him, I feel he could learn a lot.

Back
Top Bottom