Match thread: panathinaikos vs tottenham (europa league)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower said:
Fucking hell, are you lot really bothered that we only drew away against them instead of winning???!!!

We are going to cruise through the group, it doesn't matter - really not at all.

need to win 3 of our last 4 games now, not exactly cruising through. mirabor spanked these.

back to the 'tired' point re avb. if we're tired now, who picked essentially the first team to play every game so far this season ? we'll be more tired on sunday, lets hope villa dont exploit that.

Blanchflower said:
Fucking hell, are you lot really bothered that we only drew away against them instead of winning???!!!

We are going to cruise through the group, it doesn't matter - really not at all.

What bothers me is the way we drew. We dominated them. We had them and we let them off the hook. Really disappointing.

I'm bothered because we should have walked that game, Pana aren't any good. So it's two points dropped for me. I don't think this needs to be an anti- or pro- the manager debate, Lord knows we've got enough of those on here at the moment. It's disappointing not to win tonight's game, especially given the team we put out.

Cripps14 said:
Blanchflower said:

What bothers me is the way we drew. We dominated them. We had them and we let them off the hook. Really disappointing.

We played well. Yes we should've won, but hardly anyone wins away from home in Europe.

I'm more concerned by the sense of entitlement on here than the result.

We'll qualify and are probably better off finishing 2nd in the group than first (taking into account he CL dropouts).......at no point did Chelsea play well enough to deserve winning the CL last season........we've drawn 1 game - it has zero bearing on whether we can win the competition.

This is just an observation, not an attack on AVB or Redknapp, but I find it odd how, despite the conventional wisdom that Redknapp = no rotation/reliance on same starting 11, AVB = lots of rotation/strategic use of whole squad, so far this season, AVB's commitment to taking the Europa League seriously has seen the same key starting players play a lot of games in a row, arguably more than they would have under Redknapp.

:hudd:

Sense of entitlement my arse. I've argued with the booers so much I almost lost the will to live. Doesn't mean I can't say I'm disappointed we weren't able to take all the points we should have tonight.

I'm unsubscribing from this forum and following City. At least they managed to salvage a point from a losing position—not throw two points away.

Fucking hell, I got slated in Utd match thread for telling people not to get carried away with a slightly lucky win and slated here for telling people not to despair at dropping a few points in a match we deserved to win....

Blanchflower said:

Mate I can see where your coming from, that a draw isn't the worse result and we still can qualify but its the fact the other team where shit and we should of cruised through.

Instead we where fucking sloppy with the ball and the players looked like they couldn't be arsed to be on the pitch.

This was your typical let down game after a big win. I don't think we were so much physically tired as we were emotionally tired. Wish AVB had put a few more younger players to give a little hunger to the side today. It's not a huge deal though. A win against Villa on Saturday would be huge.

JDK said:
This was your typical let down game after a big win. I don't think we were so much physically tired as we were emotionally tired. Wish AVB had put a few more younger players to give a little hunger to the side today. It's not a huge deal though. A win against Villa on Saturday would be huge.

Agree. Win against Villa and everyone will forget about this game :coys:

SadlerTHFC said:
JDK said:

Agree. Win against Villa and everyone will forget about this game :coys:

Am I right in saying it would be the first home win of the season in all competitions? Agreed, would be huge.

Back
Top Bottom