Match thread: Reading vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great performance from spurs, was bricking it till we got our second goal though.

Why did we have to concede ffs but fuck it we WON!!!!!!!
:defoe2: :avblol: :vert:

sammyspurs said:
Got a feeling AVB will be the making of Defoe.

Fuck me, we moan about him being greedy, but when it comes off like his second! Wow

True but tbh he does that kinda thing a million times and it DOESN'T come off and we all call him a greedy cunt. Just saying,not complaining. Except I took Bale out my FF team ffs. Shall I take Dempsey out next week??

We haven't kept a clean sheet yet this season - AVB OUT!!

Agree on Defoe, I think most of us will have subbed him before he got his second.. Maybe it was good judgement by AVB??

Good game overall, we weren't ruthless enough in the first half and we did need to kill the game a little earlier, you can see in the last 20 minutes Gallas is not great at the back, we're missing Kaboul there a bit.

Really liking Dembele and seeing Bale get some good left wing runs, we're still a work in progress and that means I think we're going to get better... Vertonghen looks really assured on the ball too. There's a lot to be optimistic about and it's good to get the first win under our belts.

hellomiles said:
Jermain Defoe frustrates me so much.
Not alone mr Miles. I find myself screaming for a pass 90% of the time he get's it, sometimes he shuts me up, most of the time though he just pisses me off more :defoe2:

untitled-10mdu3t.gif

(Can't wait for today's celebration gifs)

Had to suffer a right mug opposite me during the game (the joys of watching football in Wales) but beside are insistence at times on trying to make a shit team look better I think it was a decent game and loved Dembele in his role, think he's someone we've missed in our team. Best thing about the game though was someone posting about AVB's celebrating #passionspasms was her tag line and had to say thank you to them on that one, defiantly stealing that.

Pav got worshipped for being profligate but scoring good goals. Defoe gets ripped even when he does well. I was worried about not playing Adebayor but Defoe scored two and got MOTM. His second goal was class and wouldn't have happened if he wasn't greedy. Some days it pays off and so far he's pretty much done everything that's been asked of him.

Back
Top Bottom