Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doherty’s image rights totalled £5.99
UmlOBpA.jpg

You mean like Reggie in the same window?????? :pochrolleyes:

Goalposts Moved.

Dybala: £70m fee + 350kpw wages (91m for 5 yr contract)+ £30m+ image rights = £191m

We'd already spent £130m (+ wages) in that window, FFS!!!
Our overall net spend across the last five seasons puts us at 17th place in the spending table.

Yeah, we spent more money in one specific season but when you look at the bigger picture you see how desperately we could do with quality reinforcement coming in.

Although I suppose it's always cheaper to plod along with Wanksy and DOHerty.

I only remember that the only Wolves fan I know told me that he was one of the weakest links in their team and benefitted hugely from those around him covering for his deficiencies. Also said that he couldn't play in a four and if we tried to put him there he would get exposed constantly.

This seems to be a theme among many who watched him regularly. So yeah, the fuck is up with our scouting department?

Meanwhile Jose had him down as their key man. :mourshock:

Doherty has been unfairly judged by most Spurs fans. He played a position for Wolves quite well. We brought him in and played him in a different position, and he wasn't so good.

Our current formation will see him return to his best position when he plays. He might start playing well again, he might not.

Unlesss Emerson gets injured, I only see a bit-part role for him at best. Even if it is in his preferred position - as we've seen in the ECL - used sporadically; he's been awful.

I actually thought he did really well yesterday considering he was also playing on the wrong side. Certainly got into better positions and more threatening than reguilon and Emerson yesterday.
Agree. Would have propably scored if he had a left foot or came into that positions on/from the right.

I don't care what side he was on, just getting into position isn't good enough, that's the reason most people bring up for Traore being shit. He was at least making an effort but it was a extremely frustrating game and the amount of chances he wasted seemed to come one after another. If Aurier wasn't good enough then this guy is just not going to get there.
I fancy Aurier would have got that shot or the horribly slashed follow up on target. He was way better in front of goal that Doh

Back
Top Bottom