Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had one bad first season. No need to write off every player after one year. Give him a chance to settle in and see what happens.
1 season remains 40 odd games

if there were issues settling from different environment or being young etcā€¦ then sure ok, added to that you have to see some promise ā€¦. Moments where you think sure thereā€™s a player in there

I saw game after game of someone way out his depth

how many games is the requisite amount ?

you telling me to be kind makes not one iota of my opinion of this player

that is ā€¦ heā€™s fuckin awful

I've never seen a full back play a ball inside and give it to the opposition as much as he does. We need to cut our losses we fucked up bringing this guy in instead of keeping kwp.

And sadly Nile John quickly sussed there was absolutely no way he could play quick passing, give & go, technically skillful football with this useless clown Doherty at RWB.

As a result, one of our most talented youngsters endured a pretty soul-destroying 45 minutes after getting a first team start in a meaningful match. Something he's doubtless been dreaming about since joining the club as a kid.

Said it last night, but the seniors (not Nuno!) let those young lads down.......

Snail GIF by MotoGP

Been on this forum almost ten years, my track record speaks for itself that Iā€™ve never been a negative type.

But I honestly think Doherty is the worst footballer weā€™ve signed since maybe Gilberto? Maybe even further back than that to Raziak or Atouba.

I canā€™t work out one thing heā€™s good at. Heā€™s not fast, heā€™s not physically, he canā€™t pass, he canā€™t cross, he canā€™t shoot, and sure as shit canā€™t defend.

The fact that Nuno finished seventh with Wolves in back to back seasons with Doherty starting 74 of the 76 league games played makes me think we may have one of the top 5 managers in the world.
And you forgot to mention that he's a gooner ;)

Can someone please explain to me why this player is still with us?

Yes.

Because ENICs transfer "strategy" is blinded by the objective of reclaiming fees, rather than doing the fucking math on have another Erik Lamela sit in the stand on consecutive multi-million contracts for almost a decade - and instead focussing on cutting our losses.

You're welcome.

Was he really that bad? Only just got home from work so couldnā€™t watch the game.
Yes he was that bad and he should never start for us again

Like Winks bite the bullet and pay his contract up and show them the door

One of life's greatest mysteries

Who's shitter. Him or Winks ? (Davies obviously a close 3rd).

Winks infuriates me but honestly some of the things Doherty does seem sunday league. Like he just gives the ball away. Looks inept at defending and the attacking is hit and miss.

I shudder whenever I see his name in the line-up. Itā€™s like organising a gang bang and inviting Gordon Brown.

SELL.

Get the CBs back and RB duty can be exclusively shared between Japh & Emerson......

Short of another CB crisis; that ought to be the last we see of him in our shirt.

This
Neither can I

Absolute gash

When he did get forward in a reasonable position and he received the ball his first instinct is to turn round and pass it backwards

Embarrassing player

This X100 at least 10 times I counted he got the ball and had an acre of space to run Into down the wing and he chose to slow it down and pass it backwards

Fucking awful player

Back
Top Bottom