Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice cross for the 2nd goal mind you....and a nice cross that almost had Rodon head the winner.

Nice? Nice??? There was a close-up replay looking at his cross. There wasn't a player within 10 yards of him, ie. he had all the time in the world to set himself. Yet, if you look at his connection with the ball, he completely shanked it.

Nice? Nice??? There was a close-up replay looking at his cross. There wasn't a player within 10 yards of him, ie. he had all the time in the world to set himself. Yet, if you look at his connection with the ball, he completely shanked it.
Are you gonna have a pop at Lucas for that piss poor shot that deflected off the defender into the goal?

LOL at some of the more recent posts as well.
His cross led to a goal. His cross to Rodon should have been for the winner. He didn't make any mistakes that led to chances. He made a couple of good tackles and passed accurately
Has anyone have a link to a stats site? r
I reckon his pass completion must be in the 80s and the passes that didn't come off were with harry in their 3rd.
Solid game as he usually does and we didn't lose yet again when he plays.
That’s one solid man crush you got there. Guess you go for the rugged look!

:ledleylick:

Are you gonna have a pop at Lucas for that piss poor shot that deflected off the defender into the goal?

Nope. I'm not trying to point out every poor action by all Spurs players. Like I said in a post in this thread yesterday, I'm very much a glass half full kinda (naive) fan, when it comes to our players. There's an allowance for piss poor actions, if most of a player's actions are positive and proactive, but when 99.99% are shocking then I'll freely point out if one of those are being twisted into being "nice" because a few bobs and bounces gave a nice outcome.

Also, Lucas' piss poor shot was a piss poor pass :nunolol:

Wasn’t as bad today as the comments suggest (imo). I think he’s way better up the pitch than playing as a true right back.

WHAT.

He was so bad (and has been for ages), that I am 99% confident that 3/4 of this forum could do a better job.

He can't defend, he can't shoot, he can't pass, and he can't cross.

Donald fucking Duck would be a better choice at RB.

WHAT.

He was so bad (and has been for ages), that I am 99% confident that 3/4 of this forum could do a better job.

He can't defend, he can't shoot, he can't pass, and he can't cross.

Donald fucking Duck would be a better choice at RB.
When I played pub football used to play with a big ginger lump who stank the porta cabin changing rooms out before every game with a giant shit, I'm convinced he is a better player than Doherty

I shudder whenever I see his name in the line-up. It’s like organising a gang bang and inviting Gordon Brown.

SELL.

Get the CBs back and RB duty can be exclusively shared between Japh & Emerson......

Short of another CB crisis; that ought to be the last we see of him in our shirt.

This
Neither can I

Absolute gash

When he did get forward in a reasonable position and he received the ball his first instinct is to turn round and pass it backwards

Embarrassing player

This X100 at least 10 times I counted he got the ball and had an acre of space to run Into down the wing and he chose to slow it down and pass it backwards

Fucking awful player

Back
Top Bottom