Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me personally the biggest difference is that we’ve seen that Kane, Son, and Ndombele deliver against better opposition, and I can’t say that Doherty has.

I know you never said he was a star player, but can you name one moment where he did something amazing, or even noteworthy? Happy to eat crow on this, but I can’t think of a single one.

Fan reception would be a lot better if he played like Regi, or even showed as much passion as he does.

But yea there are a lot of reason why we’ve been dreadful in some games this season, the blame doesn’t fully rest on his shoulder, or any specific player for that matter.
I agree, but I think fan perception is pretty warped when it calls players rubbish, then expects them to be top 4.

I accept Doherty and Dier and Winks etc for what they are. They aren’t the top players, so I don’t expect them to be the top players.

I can however appreciate them when the facts show that they aren’t the defeat costing scapegoats people want to pin on them.

Apparently we can’t score because of Winks yet Ndombele has just 2 more assists in all competitions despite playing double the time.

Doherty causes goals against despite being on the pitch for two defeats in all competitions for a total of 1,600 minutes

Played in 19 matches, 16 full matches

Dier can’t head the ball, yet has the third highest headed clearances in England
Dier can’t pass but has 82-84% pass completion depending on the source
Dier can’t defend but we have the second least goals conceded in England

And instead of anyone re thinking their agendas they simply make excuses as to why these players don’t have the shit stats they might have expected.

“It doesn’t mean anything”

Oh but I’m sure it would mean everything if Ndombele had 15 assists to Winks 1, as opposed to Ndombeles 3 assists

And if Doherty had lost 14 of the 19 games he played in

Or if Dier had the 3rd worst headed clearances........

Last edited:
People need to have some patience before writing off a new transfer as a failure.

Not all players can hit the ground running in their first season, more so with the ongoing pandemic. Many will only settle intheir second year.

Judgement should be reserved till his second season imo.
I thought running was a core skill. Everything he does is crap.

What the actual Fuck!??!!??

Et-WZlWWYAI5V_L

I agree, but I think fan perception is pretty warped when it calls players rubbish, then expects them to be top 4.

I accept Doherty and Dier and Winks etc for what they are. They aren’t the top players, so I don’t expect them to be the top players.

I can however appreciate them when the facts show that they aren’t the defeat costing scapegoats people want to pin on them.

Apparently we can’t score because of Winks yet Ndombele has just 2 more assists in all competitions despite playing double the time.

Doherty causes goals against despite being on the pitch for two defeats in all competitions for a total of 1,600 minutes

Played in 19 matches, 16 full matches

Dier can’t head the ball, yet has the third highest headed clearances in England
Dier can’t pass but has 82-84% pass completion depending on the source
Dier can’t defend but we have the second least goals conceded in England

And instead of anyone re thinking their agendas they simply make excuses as to why these players don’t have the shit stats they might have expected.

“It doesn’t mean anything”

Oh but I’m sure it would mean everything if Ndombele had 15 assists to Winks 1, as opposed to Ndombeles 3 assists

And if Doherty had lost 14 of the 19 games he played in

Or if Dier had the 3rd worst headed clearances........
Good post.

Now do Sissoko and tag bus-conductor bus-conductor

:mourhandlaugh:

Kane’s scored against one top 6 side this season by the way, but I guess it’s ok for him to play well against Maccabi Haifa and WBA eh
Harry has been a bit of a flat track bully for a while now in terms of where he gets his goals. He missed two great chances on Merseyside against both Liverpool and Everton, which would have put us ahead in both games and we ultimately ended up losing both.

86ozpx8lmfi61.jpg

Team of the week in the EL. And deservedly so.

Yes, "it was just Wolfsberger". But you can only be rated on the games you play. And Matt was properly good last night. Especially in the first half where he linked up with Bale really well.

Back
Top Bottom