Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch taking the Barca job is not a good idea for him. Forget the comments he has made, they are a disaster of a club. It is possible that the board goes and they make some smart moves to get on the righttrack again, but the fans will have no room for patience. It is a time bomb of a job for him.
At least he can't win less trophies than Setién.

Strange one as he pretty much turned the job down in January. I guess a lot has changed in a few months for everyone.

Seeing that he has a place in Barcelona it makes perfect sense to manage them. It’s basically his European home.

But pretty sure the fans won’t accept him. Be like us taking on Frank Lampard as manager in the future.

But....

Ultimately in football money talks....... look at us and our latest manager. Who would have thought 2 years ago we would be here???

But pretty sure the fans won’t accept him. Be like us taking on Frank Lampard as manager in the future.

I think it would be more like us taking on someone like Mark Noble as manager in the future.

Espanyol have never been Barcelona's tormentors, they're just the noisy little brother. Poch turning his back on them because he's too big for them would probably be received quite favorably by some.

Of course, Poch's history of saying Barca are "not the people's club" and all of that might create some additional problems.

The one factor that should be mentioned is that Espanyol were relegated this season, so Poch wouldn't have to play them, at least not next year.

If Poch does go to Barcelona, I hope it goes well for him but I can’t help but think the odds are against him.

There is a huge rebuilding to do there with Messi retiring in a couple of years or so. And apparently their finances aren’t too great. And there’s all that politics in the boardroom.

He’ll be setting himself up for failure, there are too many obstacles.

Last edited:
I think it would be more like us taking on someone like Mark Noble as manager in the future.

Espanyol have never been Barcelona's tormentors, they're just the noisy little brother. Poch turning his back on them because he's too big for them would probably be received quite favorably by some.

Of course, Poch's history of saying Barca are "not the people's club" and all of that might create some additional problems.

The one factor that should be mentioned is that Espanyol were relegated this season, so Poch wouldn't have to play them, at least not next year.
He can play them when Barca get relegated....

Wtf had gone wrong at Barca?

Look at Poch's situation, he's out of work and the longer that continues the more he fades into the mist. Regardless of the huge administrational shithole that Barca is at the moment if he felt he had the remotest chance of becoming their manager he'd grab the opportunity with both hands.
I wouldn't blame him for doing so but I would question Barcelona's decision that he is the man they see to get their football team back to title and cup winning ways.
To my mind Roma would seem a much better 'fit' for him at this moment in time.

Look at Poch's situation, he's out of work and the longer that continues the more he fades into the mist. Regardless of the huge administrational shithole that Barca is at the moment if he felt he had the remotest chance of becoming their manager he'd grab the opportunity with both hands.
I wouldn't blame him for doing so but I would question Barcelona's decision that he is the man they see to get their football team back to title and cup winning ways.
To my mind Roma would seem a much better 'fit' for him at this moment in time.

Roma would be a better fit for sure. Barca have an ageing squad, he would have to deal with the politics of those players and the politics of the club. it’s a hard job whoever gets it and they would need time to fix it.

If Poch takes the Barca job as the papers are promoting then he would lose all respect from me after repeatedly saying he could never manage them. I do hope it is just the usual rubbish newspaper talk.

If he takes the job, it somewhat indicates he'd have no issue in managing Woolwich at some point down the line too.....

Back
Top Bottom