Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it would be a bad fit should Poch choose to go to Man U to be honest.

He’d have to deal with the ongoing headsche that is Pogba and Martial, surely there are better places for him to go to, like PSG for example should they get rid of Tuchel.

Such a shame we can't get an Ole-cam live-stream for the next few days... Would be super sweet to see him squirming as the scrutiny ramps up into overdrive.....

#ThisIsManUnited

I'm routing for him.... A result against Everton would be golden for us. :)

He’d have to deal with the ongoing headsche that is Pogba and Martial, surely there are better places for him to go to, like PSG for example should they get rid of Tuchel.

Big dollar, glam squad, nuff spending money and a guaranteed trophy for the CV.... Considers himself a PSG guy too. :)

Agreed.

I think #1 priority for Poch (I guess setting money aside) is to win trophies at his next job. He needs to show he can do that if he ever wants a job like the Real Madrid one. PSG would allow him to do that fairly comfortably.

United is SUCH a difficult job from a culture perspective and the board is a mess. The path to trophies with major rivals in the league is unclear.

We talk about Man Utd being the wrong club for Poch because he wants a 'project' and would need time as against Woodward's impatient nature but surely factors like that would be thrashed out in any discussions ?
Poch would demand to be given say two seasons to turn things around and there would be guarantees of financial support regarding transfers from big Ed. This isn't just going to be a case of 'shake hands and where do I sign ?.... we can sort out the details after".
I'm sure approaches may well be being made to Poch but I'm equally as certain he will be demanding assurances are given to him and his team prior to putting pen to paper.
The real question is would the fans be willing to wait.

LOL - Utd is possibly the biggest project in the PL rn
Massive difference between a 'project' and a 'challenge'. Man Utd is without doubt the biggest managerial challenge for someone in the PL right now but it is up to Ed Woodward how he wishes to face such a problem. Does he bring in someone like Poch who is a known long term 'project' manager, someone who likes to cultivate young players and have a long term vision for a club's future or does he attempt to pacify the fans immediately by bringing in a highly succesful manager and handing over a wad of cash.

My guess is he'll opt for the latter.

Massive difference between a 'project' and a 'challenge'. Man Utd is without doubt the biggest managerial challenge for someone in the PL right now but it is up to Ed Woodward how he wishes to face such a problem. Does he bring in someone like Poch who is a known long term 'project' manager, someone who likes to cultivate young players and have a long term vision for a club's future or does he attempt to pacify the fans immediately by bringing in a highly succesful manager and handing over a wad of cash.

My guess is he'll opt for the latter.

in the context or Utd - project = challenge

in the context OF Utd - project = challenge
Big difference, bring a big name in, hand him millions and try to immediately satisfy the fans with instant success = challenge
Try to build a new Ferguson dynasty that will take time and require the patience of the board and fans = project

Poch comes under the category of Project Manager not Mr. Instant Fix

Big difference, bring a big name in, hand him millions and try to immediately satisfy the fans with instant success = challenge
Try to build a new Ferguson dynasty that will take time and require the patience of the board and fans = project

Poch comes under the category of Project Manager not Mr. Instant Fix
How have you concluded that

- Woodward wants a quick fix ahead of long term stability

- Poch won’t prove immediate results

Previous history. Poch needs time and Woodward clearly doesn't give it. Let's see what happens.
How doesn’t Woodard give it? He’s kept Ole months on end

And Poch needs time? He delivered with us in his second season (and a final in his first)

Back
Top Bottom