Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My views on Poch are simply he was better in the beginning of his tenure than at the end, despite the CL run.
Our best football ended in 2017, after that there was some sporadic epic performances but they aren’t to be confused with epic moments.

Our CL run was fairly diabolical if we are honest, bar Dortmund. Even Ajax and City away we were battered but had some magic in injury time basically.

I find it as odd that people claim to love him as others are perceived to hate him.

I neither love or hate him, just don’t see any reason to gloss over his massive flaws any more than I would AVB or Redknapps massive flaws or overplay his strengths.
He did some fantastic things and some awful things.

He seemed likeable when he was likeable and downright bizarre and cold when he wasn’t. Who cares about “loving” him?
He was paid 9M a year, a trophy would have been nice.
What I find strange about Poch is the lack of balance amongst the fanbase - you get types who are obsessed to the point that they cannot move on from him through to those who say he was useless. Neither is true - he was a very good manager and if he had won something would go down as a great THFC manager. He took us up several levels and for that I will be grateful and I wish him well. Also found him very likeable. Certainly much prefer him to what is being offered at the moment. Now he's part of our history and that is that.

What I find strange about Poch is the lack of balance amongst the fanbase - you get types who are obsessed to the point that they cannot move on from him through to those who say he was useless. Neither is true - he was a very good manager and if he had won something would go down as a great THFC manager. He took us up several levels and for that I will be grateful and I wish him well. Also found him very likeable. Certainly much prefer him to what is being offered at the moment. Now he's part of our history and that is that.
It's the extremes that tend to shout the loudest. My bet is most fans are grateful for what he did for us, recognised his good points but also saw some of his failings and albeit reluctantly agreed the trigger needed to be pulled when the wheels started to fall off.
I also believe the majority of fans wish him well in his new job but this wishing him to go to one of our rivals and be successful to further their Levy agenda fucking weird.

To be honest i wish him nothing but success. But i really couldn't give a fuck what he actually wins or doesn't win now.

I don't see why people are so interested in whether he can get a trophy or not? It's not going to prove or validate anything about his time here.

It's the extremes that tend to shout the loudest. My bet is most fans are grateful for what he did for us, recognised his good points but also saw some of his failings and albeit reluctantly agreed the trigger needed to be pulled when the wheels started to fall off.
I also believe the majority of fans wish him well in his new job but this wishing him to go to one of our rivals and be successful to further their Levy agenda fucking weird.
Agreed.

I could also see how some of the extremes play off each other which have caused the argument to escalate. Both parties digging in their heels because of each other.

Agreed.

To be honest i wish him nothing but success. But i really couldn't give a fuck what he actually wins or doesn't win now.

I don't see why people are so interested in whether he can get a trophy or not? It's not going to prove or validate anything about his time here.
Some people want him to win elsewhere to "prove" that its Levy's fault so they can put up another poll thread moaning about ENIC.

I can't actually remember reading a single post wishing him to go to one of our rivals!
I,for one, am relieved and delighted he took a job abroad.

Some here are more interested in Poch winning at PSG than Spurs winning.

This is 'trump speak' there Schmood. And I know you don't like him. It's probably better if you name these 'some'. that said, with Mou's football can you blame anyone? There is only so much 'winner' a person can stand. There's gotta be some excitement in our footballing endeavors.

This is 'trump speak' there Schmood. And I know you don't like him. It's probably better if you name these 'some'. that said, with Mou's football can you blame anyone? There is only so much 'winner' a person can stand. There's gotta be some excitement in our footballing endeavors.
There's at least 12 of them. I'm not gonna @ them every time.

They know who they are.

Don't care how bad we are at the minute, I'll still support Spurs over Poch.

I dont think that’s true, but I do think there’s many taking a perverse joy about how things are going for us. A lot of “told you so” and “like I said at the time” posts in the last few weeks. Don’t think people are putting Poch above Spurs, but are putting the need to be shown to be right above Spurs.

Others are more interested in Poch losing at PSG than Spurs winning
That came after the Spurs game, of which I was commenting on.

So how you figure that, dummy?

Gooners are made for PSG, mind.

Hence, you don't post here after a Spurs victory, yet spam-troll the place when we lose.

If it quacks like a duck...

Last edited:
That came after the Spurs game, of which I was commenting on.

So how you figure that, dummy?

Gooners are made for PSG, mind.

Hence, you don't post here after a Spurs victory, yet spam-troll the place when we lose.

If it quacks like a duck...
I post with glee after every Spurs victory, old friend.
You, on the other hand, seem completely ambivalent to whether we win or lose.

I've no doubt Spurs is your adopted team, but you don't have the passion that many of us show.
You don't even have the passion for football that many of us show

In some ways I envy you mate. I wish I could just brush off a shit performance and move on like you but I just can't.

It's something I guess you'll never really understand.

I post with glee after every Spurs victory, old friend.
You, on the other hand, seem completely ambivalent to whether we win or lose.

I've no doubt Spurs is your adopted team, but you don't have the passion that many of us show.
You don't even have the passion for football that many of us show

In some ways I envy you mate. I wish I could just brush off a shit performance and move on like you but I just can't.

It's something I guess you'll never really understand.
Haha, the old "I know you are but what am I" response.

Tbf, you are right, you do seem the obsessive type.

I imagine Levy haunts your dreams.

It's not enough we all know your opinion on him, you have to tell us all at every juncture.

You don't have passion for Spurs, or football.

You have passion for transfer windows and hating Daniel Levy.

You didn't even know who Oliver Skipp was until recently ffs.

Some passion.

You carry all the traits of a Gooner. Constantly moaning and enjoy getting on the case of the club.

I imagine your latest absence on here during our good run was spent on Gooner mania? With your ilk.

Haha, the old "I know you are but what am I" response.

Tbf, you are right, you do seem the obsessive type.

I imagine Levy haunts your dreams.

It's not enough we all know your opinion on him, you have to tell us all at every juncture.

You don't have passion for Spurs, or football.

You have passion for transfer windows and hating Daniel Levy.

You didn't even know who Oliver Skipp was until recently ffs.

Some passion.

You carry all the traits of a Gooner. Constantly moaning and enjoy getting on the case of the club.

I imagine your latest absence on here during our good run was spent on Gooner mania? With your ilk.
This reads like a fookin poem 😂

So 8 years and nigh on 27,000 posts on TFC with a passion for Levy spending money in the transfer windows but I must be Gooner.

Stop embarrassing yourself mate and grow up ffs. The fact you know I'm Spurs just makes this even more cringeworthy

Back
Top Bottom