Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think that’s true, but I do think there’s many taking a perverse joy about how things are going for us. A lot of “told you so” and “like I said at the time” posts in the last few weeks. Don’t think people are putting Poch above Spurs, but are putting the need to be shown to be right above Spurs.

Well, I mean, that's the way the internet works, but I don't believe people are more interested in being right than seeing Spurs succeed. I think it's just become clear that success isn't going to happen under current circumstances, and since this is a forum riddled with grudges people are just taking their turn.

There were plenty of "I told you so" posts about Poch when some folks thought Jose was going to do what Poch couldn't, after all. Swings and roundabouts.

Actually excited for tomorrow's clash between Barcelona and PSG.

Will be interesting to see how Poch sets up. No Neymar turns this tie into a 50/50 one.

If PSG lose, Poch shouldn't get any blame as he is working with Tuchel's squad.

Unfair. Were they even top when he was appointed? Beyond that they are in a knockdown drag'em out with Lille and Lyon. Troubles there predated him. And as you know I have another team favs to win anyway.

that said, you hsould watch today's mess game.
Tuchel had them in 3rd when he was sacked. Not going to comment on how good tuchel is though as not seen many matches with him in charge. Chelsea seem pretty solid under him so far.

Are we not supposed to wish him well? Should we all make voodoo dolls in his likeness to show how pure our Spurs' blood is?

It's called validation. Posters scream bloody murder in the beginning then pull this purity shit at the backend. If you were on the Mou train then perhaps you should have listened back then. And instead of attacking posters now just humbly learn from the experience of getting it wrong so you don't do it again. There is one particular poster that was wanking himself silly about Mou being a winner and taking us where Poch couldn't. He was fucking wrong. And yet, he's in the new manager thread making suggestions for after Mou. The absolute balls (or lack of self-awareness) it takes to do that is beyond me.
What about the lack of self awareness on the ones who said the players were good enough when jose came. 7 or so signings later, now say we need a rebuild & at least 5 or 6 more players :mourfacepalm:

Actually excited for tomorrow's clash between Barcelona and PSG.

Will be interesting to see how Poch sets up. No Neymar turns this tie into a 50/50 one.

If PSG lose, Poch shouldn't get any blame as he is working with Tuchel's squad.
On paper neither team look that good to me especially defensively. The CL is there for the taken as no real stand out team. Juve not even top in seria A.
Bayern look a bit flaky this season. I never trust city in the CL.

If Jose was in charge of PSG tonight, Mbappe would be tracking Jordi Alba for the entire game.

Poch is going to unleash Mbappe tonight and give him freedom to attack.

Back
Top Bottom