Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like he inherited a good bunch at PSG.

BUT beating Barca isn't quite what it was.

He just refused to get rid of favourites who needed changing.

Jose is left with a task !
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our own TFC stand up comedian

tenor.gif

I'm waiting for the one where Levy get's the credit for last nights result

Are you still smarting from last night's result?

You seem bizarrely obsessed with Poch failing so you can justify Levy faining to back him and ultimately sacking him.

Really weird.
Smarting? On the contrary I’m completely and utterly neutral to PSG. I don’t like the whole Chelsea/City thing about them but that’s not on Poch.

He needed a project where kids and budgets were not involved and he could point at a player and the club could afford it.

I get that. He’s already won something.

What I find bizarre is the amount of people watching PSG now. I follow Spurs not Poch.

He deserved to be sacked at the time of his sacking. If we sack Jose, and he takes over Bayern Munich, it doesn’t mean he should not have been sacked if Bayern Munich win some games.

I like Poch and all. But the amount of simping after him if he goes and wins the CL on his first attempt with PSG is going to be horrendous.

If he wins the CL I will of course be happy for him. But I am not going to celebrate it or hold it as some form of moral victory. It wouldn't be Spurs winning it so why should I celebrate?

Last edited:
I like Poch and all. But the amount of simping after him if he goes and wins the CL on his first attempt with PSG is going to be horrendous.

If he wins the CL I will of course be happy for him. But I am not going to celebrate it or hold it as some form of moral victory. It wouldn't be Spurs winning it so why should I celebrate?

Do what you like mate but I'll be happy for the bloke if he leads PSG to CL glory.

I don't like any of the other teams left in it.

He is magic, you know.

He had run his course with us. But so many of the players and the chairman should have been held to account first, but that’s not how football works. So he had to go. But will always love the guy.

How are we still talking about this 16 months later

Levy really fucked Up by not backing one of the best managers in the world in 2018 when he made world record profits, anything else was too little too late, hopefully Porch will come home one day.

Don't agree.

Pochettino had the chance with our best set of players for years, which he helped to nurture, to bring trophies.

If he has now learned from the mistakes he made with us then he will be the manager many thought he already was.

Put this way, if he has learned from his experiences with us then Pochettino of today, given the same players would win the trophies Pochettino of yesterday was not able to deliver.

It's how I see it. No rose-tinted glasses but he did transform us and the hope now is that it is not all undone.

It's getting to look like that which is why we need the new manager on the block who sees us as a next step up. Not sure any fit both categories right now.

I wonder how many of the PSG players he currently has that would walk into our squad...a few tbh.

Stick Mbappe in our side on that kind of form and we might even win a few games against top class opposition.

Yay well done Mauricio, well done you.
Let's be honest... we'd get... two/three players into that squad? Kane and Son nailed on and possibly Lloris over Navas.

I think the argument could be made for Tanguy too.

Let's be honest... we'd get... two/three players into that squad? Kane and Son nailed on and possibly Lloris over Navas.

I think the argument could be made for Tanguy too.

But Kane could not do what Mbappe did yesterday and whilst Son has magical moments he also has periods every season where he drops off a cliff.

As for Lloris, maybe. Ndombele needs to have players around him who can force thatundoubted brilliance and higher performance out of him on a regular basis.

But Kane could not do what Mbappe did yesterday and whilst Son has magical moments he also has periods every season where he drops off a cliff.

As for Lloris, maybe. Ndombele needs to have players around him who can force thatundoubted brilliance and higher performance out of him on a regular basis.
Does it have to be a question of like-for-like with Mbappe and Kane though? Imagine Kane pinging balls into his path - I think you could work the two into a starting XI together just fine.

What better than for Poch to take on Pep in the CL final and stick it up them.
He may return to us in the future but it will have to be quite a few years time when we have a top class squad.....if that ever happens.
Good luck Mauricio.

Back
Top Bottom