Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't care how bad we are at the minute, I'll still support Spurs over Poch.
Are we not supposed to wish him well? Should we all make voodoo dolls in his likeness to show how pure our Spurs' blood is?

I dont think that’s true, but I do think there’s many taking a perverse joy about how things are going for us. A lot of “told you so” and “like I said at the time” posts in the last few weeks. Don’t think people are putting Poch above Spurs, but are putting the need to be shown to be right above Spurs.
It's called validation. Posters scream bloody murder in the beginning then pull this purity shit at the backend. If you were on the Mou train then perhaps you should have listened back then. And instead of attacking posters now just humbly learn from the experience of getting it wrong so you don't do it again. There is one particular poster that was wanking himself silly about Mou being a winner and taking us where Poch couldn't. He was fucking wrong. And yet, he's in the new manager thread making suggestions for after Mou. The absolute balls (or lack of self-awareness) it takes to do that is beyond me.

This reads like a fookin poem 😂

So 8 years and nigh on 27,000 posts on TFC with a passion for Levy spending money in the transfer windows but I must be Gooner.

Stop embarrassing yourself mate and grow up ffs
Do you know who else likes to piss on Spurs the minute we lose?

Do you know who else likes to remind Spurs how little they've won recently?

Do you know who else wants to say the squad isn't good enough at every juncture?

As I said, if it quacks like a duck...

donald duck GIF

Are we not supposed to wish him well? Should we all make voodoo dolls in his likeness to show how pure our Spurs' blood is?

It's called validation. Posters scream bloody murder in the beginning then pull this purity shit at the backend. If you were on the Mou train then perhaps you should have listened back then. And instead of attacking posters now just humbly learn from the experience of getting it wrong so you don't do it again. There is one particular poster that was wanking himself silly about Mou being a winner and taking us where Poch couldn't. He was fucking wrong. And yet, he's in the new manager thread making suggestions for after Mou. The absolute balls (or lack of self-awareness) it takes to do that is beyond me.
I know what it’s called. But ta for the English lesson. Doesn’t make it any more palatable.

Not sure which poster you are speaking about, but I’m still Jose In. Was when he arrived and will be for a while yet. Whilst he’s here, he’s still got a chance of making us successful. I’m humbly learning fuck all until there’s no chance.

This would all be fine if it wasn't come from a gooner like John.

The managers I have loved since I started supporting THFC are Bill Nick, Keith Burkinshaw, Martin Jol, Glenn, 'Arry (until he started playing silly buggers) and Poch. There have been so many others that I might have forgotten a few (not including Stevie & Ossie, as they really didn't have much time to make their mark). Although I was upset when those listed left, their successor would always have my full support, even if they wouldn't have been my choice.
Poch has earned our gratitude and not to wish him well seems a tad churlish. Obviously if our paths were to cross in the future, I would want us to stuff them out of sight.

The managers I have loved since I started supporting THFC are Bill Nick, Keith Burkinshaw, Martin Jol, Glenn, 'Arry (until he started playing silly buggers) and Poch. There have been so many others that I might have forgotten a few (not including Stevie & Ossie, as they really didn't have much time to make their mark). Although I was upset when those listed left, their successor would always have my full support, even if they wouldn't have been my choice.
Poch has earned our gratitude and not to wish him well seems a tad churlish. Obviously if our paths were to cross in the future, I would want us to stuff them out of sight.
Love Poch, hate PSG.

They are everything wrong with modern football.

Worse than City imo.

My thoughts surrounding Poch are very much on the fence.

I do however wonder if the love in for him would be as strong with some of our posters if he had ended up at Man Utd or Chelsea...?

I know what it’s called. But ta for the English lesson.
Welp, if you knew what it was called then why did you use so many words to mischaracterize it when you said:
I do think there’s many taking a perverse joy about how things are going for us.
See? That right there is not a description of validation. It is, instead, a personal attack on certain posters character. And you're welcome.

Doesn’t make it any more palatable.
Was it "palatable" to attack posters for voicing concerns or opposition to Mou when the appt was made? Not saying you did it but it absolutely happened...straight vitriol from some of these morons. And the part that is particularly poignant is everything has gone as predicted which is why so many were so adamantly opposed to his appt.

Not sure which poster you are speaking about, but I’m still Jose In. Was when he arrived and will be for a while yet. Whilst he’s here, he’s still got a chance of making us successful. I’m humbly learning fuck all until there’s no chance.
There's dead enders everywhere. You are welcome to be another. Going down with the ship is lauded in some arenas. But the value proposition is in recognizing it early or even at the time of his appt and then all of this would just be playing out like a script.

"Successful"? Does this feel like success to you? 38 weeks of this feel like success? A Milk cup make it worth it for you? But in your defense it has been said that the key to a happy life is low expectations.

And the certain poster is Grocer. the other drum bangers are quiet and hoping we don't notice them. But good on your for still being Jose in. For me he was the one person in world football that I didn't want here. On his way out let's just hope, for the sake of the club, that he doesn't go full Trump and make it toxic like he has everywhere else he's been lately.

Welp, if you knew what it was called then why did you use so many words to mischaracterize it when you said:

See? That right there is not a description of validation. It is, instead, a personal attack on certain posters character. And you're welcome.

Was it "palatable" to attack posters for voicing concerns or opposition to Mou when the appt was made? Not saying you did it but it absolutely happened...straight vitriol from some of these morons. And the part that is particularly poignant is everything has gone as predicted which is why so many were so adamantly opposed to his appt.

There's dead enders everywhere. You are welcome to be another. Going down with the ship is lauded in some arenas. But the value proposition is in recognizing it early or even at the time of his appt and then all of this would just be playing out like a script.

"Successful"? Does this feel like success to you? 38 weeks of this feel like success? A Milk cup make it worth it for you? But in your defense it has been said that the key to a happy life is low expectations.

And the certain poster is Grocer. the other drum bangers are quiet and hoping we don't notice them. But good on your for still being Jose in. For me he was the one person in world football that I didn't want here. On his way out let's just hope, for the sake of the club, that he doesn't go full Trump and make it toxic like he has everywhere else he's been lately.
No, I don’t think this can be classed as successful, but I think he can make us successful. If he doesn’t, I’ll hold my hands up, but he’s still here, so still has a chance of doing it. Despite the quality of the football on display, he had us top of the pile less than two months ago and I’m hoping he has the ability to do it again.

I dont think that’s true, but I do think there’s many taking a perverse joy about how things are going for us. A lot of “told you so” and “like I said at the time” posts in the last few weeks. Don’t think people are putting Poch above Spurs, but are putting the need to be shown to be right above Spurs.
It's just about being sincere and consistent mate.
Many of us thought Jose was a cunt and detested his football long before he arrived.
He has shown he hasn't changed at all and learnt nothing from his mistakes over the last few years so those feelings we have should logically remain the same if not be even stronger.

Combine that with being a fan of the sport (which there is nothing wrong with because to club's we are just cu$tom€rs) where you want good football to be rewarded.

I'll take a trophy to end the run for the PLAYERS sake (I want trophies for them- for me sexy football is the priority and always will be). And then it's fuck off Jose. But now he's shown he's lost the dressing room and more incompetent than anyone of us could imagine (well nearly everyone tee hee). Realistically it's just the league cup. It's gotten so bad it's looking a better idea to get rid now regardless. League cup and 8th isn't going to keep stars happy or attract talent. No league cup or top 4 even worse.

I personally won't rub it in anyone's face (minus the people who said Jose could succeed on Poch's circumstances). I'm tired of arguing and want a manager we all like.
I also don't want the next manager if he's magic to suffer like Poch did. Get the next Poch and back him properly.

Back
Top Bottom