Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's not even enough. PSG has won the league something like 7 of the past 8 seasons, that hasn't been enough to keep its managers in the job.

Most ridiculous expectations of any club on the planet. If a manager doesn't win the CL, their days are numbered.
They’ve lost 4 of their last 10 league games, 3 of those defeats at home. He’s under serious pressure there already you’d imagine such are the demands at that club.

If he doesn't win the league or the CL he will 100% be sacked. They only gave him an 18 month contract to begin with.

Managing terrible professionals like Neymar is incredibly difficult, having to indulge an idiot like him is probably the biggest challenge for Poch. The dressing room and club culture at PSG is bizarre and not like a normal club.
Do you think player like neymar would have any respect for a manager who won nothing in his career ? Neymar need to be managed by serial winner instead
Poch is taking a job that is far beyond his managerial capabilities, he should have taken a middle level club instead

Last edited:
Do you think player like neymar would have any respect for a manager who won nothing in his career ? Neymar need to be managed by serial winner instead
Poch is taking a job that is far beyond his managerial capabilities, he should have taken a middle level club instead
Sounds like they need Jose, he would be a better fit there. He would have unlimited funds unlike at Spurs where he will not get anything like that. Next time you see your Sonny boy tell him to send his CV to them.

Might be best if he says he has been working for UNICEF the last few years to cover the lack of trophies

Neymar is a fucking bellend

I've said it a million times, he simply isn't a winner.

Doesn't change the fact that I loved his time at Spurs and will always have time for him, and I hope he wins trophies but not sure he's got it in him.

In some ways that's what made him such a great fit for us, nearly man.

I know PSG is a bit of a circus club, but from a tactical and game-management POV, their performance against Lille was just rancid.

I only watched some of the first half, and it wasn't great.

Pochettino was also heavily criticised after the Barca second leg game, where he got away with a tactical shit show.

I was in a minority that thought the first leg score flattered PSG too.

I've said it a million times, he simply isn't a winner.

Doesn't change the fact that I loved his time at Spurs and will always have time for him, and I hope he wins trophies but not sure he's got it in him.

In some ways that's what made him such a great fit for us, nearly man.
I'm curious as to why this is?

I'm not saying you're wrong. He proved you right with us. Just interested.

It’s why I found it bizarre he took the job. But he has had to manage poor professionals before don’t forget.
I think Poch should have taken the Dortmund job when it was available really.

He just started to believe the media hype that he is one of the best managers in the world. He wanted to prove this, and PSG was literally one of his only chances for that. Cause he needed guaranteed titles.

Clubs that can promise it -
- PSG
- Bayern
- Ajax
- Juventus

He needed one of them to prove that he can do it. In Dormund he would have ended up like he did with us most likely. Dormund is not dominating Bundesliga, in fact it is super unlikely to win much there. Would have been "almost-man" there as well. So, he essentially believed he is better then he was and I think he will be in for reality check. Maybe better option would have been to take over some reasonably managed club that would give some time to managers - but he did not take this path.

He just started to believe the media hype that he is one of the best managers in the world. He wanted to prove this, and PSG was literally one of his only chances for that. Cause he needed guaranteed titles.

Clubs that can promise it -
- PSG
- Bayern
- Ajax
- Juventus

He needed one of them to prove that he can do it. In Dormund he would have ended up like he did with us most likely. Dormund is not dominating Bundesliga, in fact it is super unlikely to win much there. Would have been "almost-man" there as well. So, he essentially believed he is better then he was and I think he will be in for reality check. Maybe better option would have been to take over some reasonably managed club that would give some time to managers - but he did not take this path.
Spurs is the best place for him, where as long as his players are pressing hard on the pitch and chase everything that moves he would already get applaud , results doesn't matter. PSG is different, winning the league is an absolute bottom line , there is no excuse to not win

Back
Top Bottom