Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lille's Djalo is an interesting lad
I was thinking the same. He was solid all game - even his yellow card was undeserved.

The other RB, Çelik, is a good player, but every time I see him against good attacking players, he is struggling. Djalo gave them way more security.

And Soumaré had another good game against PSG.

Not a great start but he hasn't had a summer window or a summer pre-season to work with the squad. I know they should be blowing away the competition but let's see how he is doing in 8 months time.

If he doesn't win the league or the CL he will 100% be sacked. They only gave him an 18 month contract to begin with.

Managing terrible professionals like Neymar is incredibly difficult, having to indulge an idiot like him is probably the biggest challenge for Poch. The dressing room and club culture at PSG is bizarre and not like a normal club.

If he doesn't win the league or the CL he will 100% be sacked. They only gave him an 18 month contract to begin with.

Managing terrible professionals like Neymar is incredibly difficult, having to indulge an idiot like him is probably the biggest challenge for Poch. The dressing room and club culture at PSG is bizarre and not like a normal club.

It’s why I found it bizarre he took the job. But he has had to manage poor professionals before don’t forget.

It’s why I found it bizarre he took the job. But he has had to manage poor professionals before don’t forget.

Sure but he was free to discipline and exile them. He banished Andros Townsend just for having an argument with a fitness coach. At PSG he doesn't have the clout, the players run the show not the manager. If he tries to get serious with Neymar they will get him sacked.

Not a great start but he hasn't had a summer window or a summer pre-season to work with the squad. I know they should be blowing away the competition but let's see how he is doing in 8 months time.
Let’s see how he is doing in 8 weeks time more like. If there isn’t a French League title or a European Cup, he’s probably out of a job.

My biggest worry with Poch moving to a super club was how he would be able to handle and manage the egos in the dressing room and not being in complete control.

This is probably his biggest challenge of his career. How to adapt his training methods and style of football to a club that has completely different expectations on him than what we had and nowhere near as much patience.

Hopefully he succeeds.

Despite everything that Pochettino did for us, thrre was a lingering concern about taking it past the winning line. Nothing has changed that as yet in my mind.

Once he gets over the line in a meaningful competition he will know what it takes but if he fails with PSG (And I think it's possible if not probable) he will be lucky to get another top job.

There is nothing quite like proving the doubters right.

Not impressed with this attitude at all. This is not the kind of attitude that keeps you in the job at PSG.

Despite everything that Pochettino did for us, thrre was a lingering concern about taking it past the winning line. Nothing has changed that as yet in my mind.

Once he gets over the line in a meaningful competition he will know what it takes but if he fails with PSG (And I think it's possible if not probable) he will be lucky to get another top job.

There is nothing quite like proving the doubters right.
Us?

Not impressed with this attitude at all. This is not the kind of attitude that keeps you in the job at PSG.
He’s got one of the few jobs in world football where winning is the absolute bottom line and no excuses are accepted by the owners for anything less. They could still win that league but he’s doing a lot of explaining already.

He’s got one of the few jobs in world football where winning is the absolute bottom line and no excuses are accepted by the owners for anything less. They could still win that league but he’s doing a lot of explaining already.
That's not even enough. PSG has won the league something like 7 of the past 8 seasons, that hasn't been enough to keep its managers in the job.

Most ridiculous expectations of any club on the planet. If a manager doesn't win the CL, their days are numbered.

Back
Top Bottom