Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mbappe is leaving, PSG will be drastically weakened and they need to improve their team a lot to compete for UCL. With this and Pochettino's poor transfer history in mind, it's safe to say he is not going to last long in Paris.
Problem is I rather hoped both Spurs and Poch would be doing better respectively before the eventual reunion.

SleepyPitifulClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

Poch won't be doing the buying and selling - that's not how PSG work - he will get next season to win the CL (or at least come very close) and the usual domestic haul. Fail and as soon as that happens he will be gone, just the nature of the job.
'Getting close' after the got to the final with Tuchel will no longer suffice.

If Tuchel gets Chelsea into the finals, and even wins it, wonder how that would impact Leonardo's position and possibly gives Poch more influence

Even if he loses the league, I think he should be given a summer. Why appoint a guy midseason if you don't trust him enough to give him one summer to make changes to the squad? I mean, it's PSG so who knows, but that would be extremely harsh.
His contract only stretches over the next season so I suspect that he will be given it but him getting a new contract will be reliant on what success he achieves.

Well, Poch has certainly made Ligue 1 interesting again:

4 points in the next two games (against St-Étienne and Angers) will do for Lille.

Last edited:

4 points from the next two games (against St-Étienne and Angers) will do for Lille - after nine PSG titles in a row.
8 of last 9. Monaco won it about 5 years ago.

Calamitous stuff all the same for Pochettino if he fails to win what’s essentially a one team league.

4 points from the next two games (against St-Étienne and Angers) will do for Lille.
It's only 4 in a row. Monaco won it in the 17-18 season.

But PSG have won 7 out of the last 8 or something like that.

4 points in the next two games (against St-Étienne and Angers) will do for Lille.

Poch made it interesting?

They were behind when he took over, it was "interesting" before he got there.

I wonder if they will move him on now or give him a chance to have a go at the league with a pre-season.

He’s effectively duplicated Tuchel’s start to the season there. And he’s doing ok at Chelsea. So I’m guessing it’s a player / culture thing there.

Either way. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sack him. PSG don’t really seem a patient kind of club.

Be interesting to see where he would go next.... I’m guessing Spain.

Back
Top Bottom