Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no problem with Poch coming back one day. But coming back now/this summer is way too early.

There needs to be more time between his stint and a potential second one to allow for a clear out in the squad. So that when he comes back it is more or less a blank slate for him to work with instead of dealing with a lot of the players that got him sacked to begin with.
I think that's worse as then it might not be a team that he would have built in the style he wants and he'll want to change again. In him we always had the right man and he put together a great team but needed that a couple of ready made world class players to get us over the line. So if we are going to hire him at some point then doing it now is better when a rebuild is needed. But don't think he will ever manage us again. Don't think he will work with levy again. Whoever we get, we just need to support them and let THEM do the recruitment

Last time I did a bit of digging in relation to this, it seemed to me that PSG fans see him as someone who is just passing through. In particular, his in-game management was driving them around the twist.

Wait until he starts banging on about cows being train spotters while wearing Rolexes or something or other.
Or making the players lick lemons for luck.

That will start twisting their Parisian melons.

(To be clear I still love that crazy South American madman. I understand his loco logic. Guess it’s a Latino thing)

Tuchel is definitely the better manager of the two. PSG probably regretting decision to sack him.

Dont think we should rehire poch either. Wasnt very good at recruiting new players at all. Our best form with poch came from the players that were bought during AVB's time + Kane.

I certainly think there will be a certain irony if Tuchel takes Chelsea to that misnomer of a competition, beating the team that knocked out his previous employer.

He’s not the man. Our team at its peak was wiping the floor with Real and Dortmund taking a point away at Barca, spanking City and Chelsea etc

But Poch just can’t deliver over a sustained period. You can’t install a winning mentality if you don’t have one.
He’s been a manager since 2008, and if anyone wants to say he won that cup at PSG after basically stepping off the plane, we’ll that’s desperate stuff.

The title and CL would be his.
Not going to plan though

Got to agree and I have said this.

Until you do something you are not quite sure you can do it, which means you are always nearly.

Absolutely no point beating Bayern if you then lose to City. Of course it's a hard ask but it's what the top top managers do.

The problem Pochettino will encounter if he fails to win anything at PSG is that he goes where next?

PSG, not in hindsight are not a good fit. They want success yesterday and Pochettino works for tomorrow.

Until you do something you are not quite sure you can do it, which means you are always nearly.

Absolutely no point beating Bayern if you then lose to City. Of course it's a hard ask but it's what the top top managers do.

The problem Pochettino will encounter if he fails to win anything at PSG is that he goes where next?

PSG, not in hindsight are not a good fit. They want success yesterday and Pochettino works for tomorrow.
He'll end up at Real Madrid eventually.

That is a big call. If he fails to win anything at PSG no chance in my opinion.

Klopp more likely.
Pochettino will find it hard to get one of the top tier elite jobs if he fluffs his lines and can’t win a league at PSG. There were openings in some of those jobs in the last year at Barcelona, Bayern and Juventus and he didn’t land any. I would suspect his failure to win any silverware and the sense of nearly man off him was a factor. A mid level Premier League job at the likes of Newcastle or Leeds might be the next assignment.

Poch went for the quick fix, guaranteed titles and all his disciples got giddy at the thought of him shoving one up Spurs.

Im delighted that he’s struggling, after the state he left us in. Absolutely ruined everything he built here.

Fuck me poch has only been there 5 minutes and hasn’t even had a chance to get a proper summers training or transfers in. He’ll need longer than 6 months to turn a team of mercenaries into champions

Yeah, I mean look at him proving us all wrong
His team beat Barcelona and Bayern and fell short to what I think is the best team in the world at the minute. Nothing wrong with that.

Not winning the league is indeed an issue but besides Neymar and Mbappe, maybe Paredes and Di Maria, who else is world class in that team? They’ve got Kean in attack (lol), some clowns I never heard of in fullbacks, Gana who’s played for Everton and that’s about it.

His team beat Barcelona and Bayern and fell short to what I think is the best team in the world at the minute. Nothing wrong with that.

Not winning the league is indeed an issue but besides Neymar and Mbappe, maybe Paredes and Di Maria, who else is world class in that team? They’ve got Kean in attack (lol), some clowns I never heard of in fullbacks, Gana who’s played for Everton and that’s about it.
Didn’t you celebrate him winning the charity shield after one training session with Tuchels team?
Now it’s all about early CL rounds but not the round that actually knocked the out? Haha

2nd in a one horse race.

That’s our Poch

Poch will be given a proper transfer budget this summer to sort that back 4 out - not a Levy special

Back
Top Bottom