Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

Just a play on the fact he said he'd quit if he won us the champions League. He's in a very strange place to be fair
Yes. I knew what you were alluding to. He is in a strange place. It’s a tough business and ultimately it’s about winning. I suspect after he left Spurs, when big vacancies like Barcelona and Bayern came around and Man U and Real Madrid were close on a number of occasions to sacking Solskjaer and Zidane, they all baulked a bit at Pochettino as there was a whiff of nearly man off him. If more than a waft now at this stage. He’ll struggle to land one of the plum job if he is moved on. Could be at the level of dealing with Mike Ashley at Newcastle next.

Yes. I knew what you were alluding to. He is in a strange place. It’s a tough business and ultimately it’s about winning. I suspect after he left Spurs, when big vacancies like Barcelona and Bayern came around and Man U and Real Madrid were close on a number of occasions to sacking Solskjaer and Zidane, they all baulked a bit at Pochettino as there was a whiff of nearly man off him. If more than a waft now at this stage. He’ll struggle to land one of the plum job if he is moved on. Could be at the level of dealing with Mike Ashley at Newcastle next.
I always thought that myself. He's going to end up at a Newcastle if he's not careful. I really think it's too soon for him to come back but looking at some of the stuff we're being linked with I just wonder if we can make it work. It's going to need a special touch to sort this squad out. He knows the vast majority though

I always thought that myself. He's going to end up at a Newcastle if he's not careful. I really think it's too soon for him to come back but looking at some of the stuff we're being linked with I just wonder if we can make it work. It's going to need a special touch to sort this squad out. He knows the vast majority though
Sadly that 'vast majority' need saying goodbye to and not "hello again".

With the options available, I think I'd be quite happy to have Poch back, IF he gets the support to rebuild.
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I didn't agree with his attitude in the build up to the CL final but feel that he had just cause to be frustrated with the club's situation.

I imagine he and Levy would have learnt a fair bit over the past year and a half.

He plays the type of football we like and given the right resources we'd be a force to be reckoned with again.

With the options available, I think I'd be quite happy to have Poch back, IF he gets the support to rebuild.
I think the only way Poch would come back would be if he had full football operational control or someone that he trusted as a capable DoF comes in that he can work with. He's already gotten his fingers burnt working directly with Levy. Don't think he'd make that same mistake again under our current organizational structure.

He
I think the only way Poch would come back would be if he had full football operational control or someone that he trusted as a capable DoF comes in that he can work with. He's already gotten his fingers burnt working directly with Levy. Don't think he'd make that same mistake again under our current organizational structure.
He won't come back if there's a DOF.

It was him that insisted on not having one.

He

He won't come back if there's a DOF.

It was him that insisted on not having one.
Maybe not a new DOF who he is meant to report into. We can bring in a new technical director who is in charge of player recruitment and scouting who Poch approves of. Then that persons job with Poch is to rebuild us back to a level where we are competing for the Premier League title.

Maybe not a new DOF who he is meant to report into. We can bring in a new technical director who is in charge of player recruitment and scouting who Poch approves of. Then that persons job with Poch is to rebuild us back to a level where we are competing for the Premier League title.
But that's the point.

Poch wanted more control over transfer. He didn't want a DOF. He didn't want a technical director. He wanted to decide who we signed himself.
Levy backed his decision and it didn't work. We signed shite.

The scouting at the club does need to be completely overhauled.

Poch will manage us again in the future, no doubt about that, but it's probably too soon for him to come back. He is still too close to the players in this squad. When Winks and Sissoko are out the door it will be safe for him to return.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom