Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They should but unfortunately can't afford it.

He has a contract until 2025.

A fan mockingly said ''Allegri out'' in front of Maurizio Arrivabene (CEO) and he jokingly said back ''and you'll pay for it will you?''.
Arrivabene used to run the Ferrari f1 team (badly) he’s obviously equally shit at both jobs.

He loves Tottenham as much as we do

Happy Love You GIF by LINE FRIENDS

I think he's hoping for the Argentina job personally.
I might be wrong but im sure i read somewhere international football wouldn't be enough for him, he likes to see the players training every week, still might have changed his tune now he has been out the game for a bit!

It's almost certain that we'll see this thread in another section pretty soon...

I'm still Conte > Poch, but the easy way out will prevail once again for this board...

The man above is a better RB RWB than all who have gone before bar Walker and Tripper. Said on it then got pelters saying it still. Cancelling the blokes contract actually made me think some fool at the club is on the forum listening to the shit posting.
#sergewasbetter
You are right, but he needed replacing just not with who we replaced him with.

You are right, but he needed replacing just not with who we replaced him with.
Did he? Honestly mate you have been watching us this season. Players give away free kicks and pens it happens just like great ones miss them. The whole Serge Aurier has to go stemmed more from them dopey Amazon docs and Jose shit canning him.

To actually terminate his contract was weird. It was hysterical more worrying it was demonstrative of a club without direction being too easily swayed by a pretty clueless fan base. The same bullshit saw us drive out the bloke playing for Newcastle. Aurier was rash but he was not some calamity of a footballer like Doherty and Royale. The Aurier debacle to me sums the club up rudderless easily bullied and overtly conscious of perception...its why our next manager will be Maurico Pochettino.

Did he? Honestly mate you have been watching us this season. Players give away free kicks and pens it happens just like great ones miss them. The whole Serge Aurier has to go stemmed more from them dopey Amazon docs and Jose shit canning him.

To actually terminate his contract was weird. It was hysterical more worrying it was demonstrative of a club without direction being too easily swayed by a pretty clueless fan base. The same bullshit saw us drive out the bloke playing for Newcastle. Aurier was rash but he was not some calamity of a footballer like Doherty and Royale. The Aurier debacle to me sums the club up rudderless easily bullied and overtly conscious of perception...its why our next manager will be Maurico Pochettino.
He wasn't trusted, I've said on here before he was a great rb and the worst rb and that was the problem. Just when you think you can build he had a brainfart and it was becoming more often.

Pay him off or not he needed to be replaced, the replacements being woeful shouldn't disguise that fact.

He wasn't trusted, I've said on here before he was a great rb and the worst rb and that was the problem. Just when you think you can build he had a brainfart and it was becoming more often.

Pay him off or not he needed to be replaced, the replacements being woeful shouldn't disguise that fact.
He did not need to be replaced to such an extent that we could not wait till finding an actual upgrade. That is guff. Eric Dier can not be trusted his numerous gaffs leading to goals did not require a similar over reaction. Why? Because the fans didn't demand it.

It was the stupid owners responding to dopey fans (watch them do it again). Had we been playing Aurier over fucking Emerson I bet we win more and lose less and unlike either Royal and Doc he could counter his shockers with actual great games like United at Old Trafford. You replace players with better not worse till we do this you get the crap we have. I'd take him 1000× over what have now in a heartbeat. But hysterical 'fans' are settling the agenda

Last edited:
He did not need to be replaced to such an extent that we could not wait till finding an actual upgrade. That is guff. Eric Dier can not be trusted his numerous gaffs leading to goals did not require a similar over reaction. Why? Because the fans didn't demand it.

It was the stupid owners responding to dopey fans (watch them do it again). Had we been playing Aurier over fucking Emerson I bet we win more and lose less and unlike either Royal and Doc he could counter his shockers with actual great games like United at Old Trafford. You replace players with better not worse till we do this you get tge crap we have I'd take over what have now in a heartbeat. But hysterical 'fans' are settling the agenda
I reckon Aurier or Emerson similar results (and I think Emerson is muck). I agree you replace worse players with better, I've said we have failed in that, doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to replace.

And if we get a decent Rwb I don't think results improve dramatically, we need to play on the front foot like we did this time last year and weirdly 30 or so minutes a game this year, for a replacement to be worthwhile.

I reckon Aurier or Emerson similar results (and I think Emerson is muck). I agree you replace worse players with better, I've said we have failed in that, doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to replace.

And if we get a decent Rwb I don't think results improve dramatically, we need to play on the front foot like we did this time last year and weirdly 30 or so minutes a game this year, for a replacement to be worthwhile.
So you agree with me.. but you wrong about Aurier he is a better attacking that Emerson will ever be and way way smarter in the build and passing. He actually understands a one two. Don't get me wrong he need upgrading but no more than Eric Dier does. And he'd be way better in Conte system than Emerson.
Aurier struggled playing like a Poch fullback. He was defensively unstable although so actually is Persic. I think your wrong we would win more games with him if swapped for Emerson as he showed today you can't just ignore him which coaches are actually telling players to do with Royal. Which means our other attackers are constantly marked. It's cost us big time.

So you agree with me.. but you wrong about Aurier he is a better attacking that Emerson will ever be and way way smarter in the build and passing. He actually understands a one two. Don't get me wrong he need upgrading but no more than Eric Dier does. And he'd be way better in Conte system than Emerson.
Aurier struggled playing like a Poch fullback. He was defensively unstable although so actually is Persic. I think your wrong we would win more games with him if swapped for Emerson as he showed today you can't just ignore him which coaches are actually telling players to do with Royal. Which means our other attackers are constantly marked. It's cost us big time.
Leave it here, I somewhat agree with you but made my point.

I also think prime Dani Alves wouldn't massively improve our results this season, we are largely clueless.

Back
Top Bottom