Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointed when Jol and Redknapp went, one cause I liked Jol and with Redknapo the fun style of football.

This is a completely different level though, I worry more about Poch leaving than Kane and Kane is amazing.

As a club I have always felt we are good at getting players from Hoddle, Gazza, Bale, Klinsmann etc but this feels like our first superstar manager at least in my lifetime.
He's definitely our best since Burkinshaw, and likely since Nicholson/Rowe. And the players are loyal to him as well. It's his club, on the pitch and off.

Unavngivet.png

:dierno::eriksenserious::eriksenlol:

I usually don't mind LeTissier but fucking hell he's bitter about Poch leaving the Saints, he tries to rise above it but you know it's killing him inside.

You don't get loyalty anywhere unless you lead by example, our future is quietly gaining ground on our rivals .
Unlike Woolwich who are coming to the crossroads , and Manure, Shitty & Chavs having to bed in new managers, Spurs at last have found a man who gains respect, on & off the pitch COYS

Disappointed when Jol and Redknapp went, one cause I liked Jol and with Redknapo the fun style of football.

This is a completely different level though, I worry more about Poch leaving than Kane and Kane is amazing.

As a club I have always felt we are good at getting players from Hoddle, Gazza, Bale, Klinsmann etc but this feels like our first superstar manager at least in my lifetime.

I liked Jol as well and thought it was criminal the way the club handled his departure.

Fantastic news, made my Friday! Let's finish this season on the front foot by shutting those chavs up in their back yard and carry on with the momentum into next season and the CL. COYS!!!

Woolwich with a manager causing uproar among their own fans:sonlol:

Man U with a manager who's a trainwreck in so many ways, who undermined by constant speculation about Mourinho :vert:

Man C with a manager on his way out, and an incoming who's untested in England and without the best squad in his given league :levylol:

Chavs with a manager on his way out, and an incoming, matchfixer, untested in England, at a time when their captain's leaving and every single player has underperformed for a full season :dembelefingers:

Dippers with a manager most likely wanting a major overhaul of the squad in the summer so they're at least a year away from topping :eriksenlol:

And then there's this guy, who's already established a common direction and work ethic throughout the squad and club, and has proven his loyalty at a time when he could most likely get any job, he'd want :pochsmirk:

Guys, this is our fucking time :pochohshit:

Pochettino is a king maker not the other way around. Have complete faith in what he does as a coach and if players come and go, he will be the one to make the next player a superstar. Just had conversation with a dipper colleague and he was lamenting Adam Lallana being terrible. As soon as he was no longer under the influence of Poch he seems to have turn to crap.

I usually don't mind LeTissier but fucking hell he's bitter about Poch leaving the Saints, he tries to rise above it but you know it's killing him inside.
He should grow a pair on this one. Poch would probably still be there if the Saints regime that brought him in hadn't been dismantled. It was, and he left, end of.

Still like him. Big Spurs fan and I'd have loved it if El Veg had managed to sign him. 47 out of 48 penalties - must be some sort of record.

He should grow a pair on this one. Poch would probably still be there if the Saints regime that brought him in hadn't been dismantled. It was, and he left, end of.

Still like him. Big Spurs fan and I'd have loved it if El Veg had managed to sign him. 47 out of 48 penalties - must be some sort of record.

Do you reckon he still has nightmares over that missed one Hell of a record.

Time to bump this post I think. How very prophetic...
Saints fan in peace.
To those of you bitching and moaning about MP let me give you some context.

I am and have been a Saints fan for over 30 years. Season ticket holder since I was 7 (With the exception of two separate years - when kids and finances dictated) and have seen players and managers come and go, which is part of the game.

I've seen players like Channon, Ball, Shilton, Wright, Keegan, Williams, Wallace, Shearer, Hoddle (You lot again) Walcott, Bale, Chamberlain etc. etc. all leave.
Not one of those departures hurts as much as this one.
I genuinely think you now have one of the best managers in the league. He is completely different from anything else you have seen. Not all players will survive his arrival - Including big names, but for those of you that are moaning..... take yourselves back to the first half at White Hart Lane against the Saints...... We battered you, humiliated you and then gave away a bizarre goal and let you back in. Your squad won't let that happen - More maturity, depth and quality.

Enjoy the ride - And you will get one.

:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom