Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same person, different outlook on things.
Could I ask...your reconnection to the club you have clearly always loved (for every argument you've had with folk on here, the fact you are spurs through & through can't really be questioned)- is it due to Poch's project, your sabbatical away from here, or a combination of the 2 things? What has changed your outlook? (By all means tell me to fuck off- I'm just curious- but in a friendly way)

Could I ask...your reconnection to the club you have clearly always loved (for every argument you've had with folk on here, the fact you are spurs through & through can't really be questioned)- is it due to Poch's project, your sabbatical away from here, or a combination of the 2 things? What has changed your outlook? (By all means tell me to fuck off- I'm just curious- but in a friendly way)

Bit of everything.....but getting away from here was key. We´re all Spurs and it felt really horrible looking back and feeling that level of animosity towards fellow Yids

Bit of everything.....but getting away from here was key. We´re all Spurs and it felt really horrible looking back and feeling that level of animosity towards fellow Yids
You know what?- you're absolutely right again. Sometimes on here (international breaks in particular) the ill feeling can become tangible between our own. I'm going to take a leaf out of your book & keep it spurs & good natured from now on. It's maybe inadvertent, but you coming back here with a renewed love of Spurs has genuinely been a breath of fresh air to the forum. And given our recent "form", it couldn't have come at a better time.

A genuine "cheers" from me. :adesalute:

Oh, come here you!

tumblr_inline_nidikvEHwn1r6ih7v.gif

He was a Levy signing no doubt
The most un-Levy signing ever.

Nowhere did the signing make sense, except in the mind of Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante who was frothing himself into an ecstatic coma to see Levy flush 30m down the drain on a squad player. "Speculate to accumulate" he kept saying. What a fucking joke.

Panic buy all around. I still hope he comes good, but what does he "do"? He's like a badly compromised Dembele, without any real shining strengths. It's not clear that he really does anything to complement or support any of our other outfield players, unlike Lamela for example who even when he isn't in outstanding form is like a god damn pitbull working his ass off over the entire pitch.

God dammit, for my sanity I need Alderweireld & Lamela back in the starting 11 and fighting fit again.

Last edited:
You know what?- you're absolutely right again. Sometimes on here (international breaks in particular) the ill feeling can become tangible between our own. I'm going to take a leaf out of your book & keep it spurs & good natured from now on. It's maybe inadvertent, but you coming back here with a renewed love of Spurs has genuinely been a breath of fresh air to the forum. And given our recent "form", it couldn't have come at a better time.

A genuine "cheers" from me. :adesalute:
I can get right into it with people so I'm not exactly talking from a position of power here but the forum has been a lot better place to interact in since the circlejerks were all binned.

At least the cunts off now are football based rather than pseudo-psychological personal attacks from fat boys in their Mum's basement.

*I know they'll read this. Bring on the wrath.

Isn't every signing a Levy signing? Ultimately he's in charge of these things, isn't he?
Nah. That's why he hires a manager, scouts, DoF's, Head of Recruitment etc. He sanctions it, but he's not going to veto based on his footballing acumen, is he? He's a businessman, not a scout.

If you get hired to be a receptionist at Facebook HQ, are you Mark Zuckerberg's hire?

Levy hires people into jobs to make these decisions.

Otherwise you could say that lad who just signed terms with the under 11's is a Levy signing too.

Nah. That's why he hires a manager, scouts, DoF's, Head of Recruitment etc. He sanctions it, but he's not going to veto based on his footballing acumen, is he? He's a businessman, not a scout.

If you get hired to be a receptionist at Facebook HQ, are you Mark Zuckerberg's hire?

Levy hires people into jobs to make these decisions.

Otherwise you could say that lad who just signed terms with the under 11's is a Levy signing too.
Right, I guess what I was trying to say is that the idea of a "Levy signing" vs a "Poch signing" doesn't make much sense, since there's almost certainly a consistent system in place for recruitment and it's unlikely that Levy would step in and say "no, we need to get that guy" against the advice of everyone he pays to make these decisions. They're all "Levy signings", just like they're all "Poch signings".

Back
Top Bottom