Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best manager we have had in years, his position should not even be questioned.

This.

Its quite funny that people are using last seasons brilliance as the reasons to get the knives out, almost as if we had a different manager last year......if they used an ounce of common sense, they would be using the logic that once he has a fit squad, he will be capable of recreating our form.

People can write off Sissoko, Jansson and Nkoudou etc all they want..I slated Lamela for two years and was made to look a cunt in the end as he's one of our most important players now.

The fact is that Pochettino is a very, very good manager, who develops players, brings through kids from the academy, and on our day can beat anyone. I actually dont care if we finish below the top 4 this season, as Im hoping this is just the start of a 20 year project at the club. The guy is just 44.....I know lets get LVG out of retirement shall we? ....Jose too, another has been. Football has changed, and the likes of Poch are the future....oh dont tell me we "should have pulled out all the stops for Conte, Pep or Klopp"....and then sack them for sitting in 5th with two thirds of the season left.

Pretty ironic to want him out on the basis that we dont look like putting in another title challenge, when it was he who gave us our first realistic shot at the title since 1987.

Someone made a great point about the gooners.....what utter cunts they are. Where are all the Wenger Out banners now?

Speaking from experience, you can set your stall out so hard that you say things you dont even believe, sometimes to just fuel your own perceived rage.

Did I despise AVB? Of course not...he was a man trying to do a job for this club. It didnt work out, and thats that. My posts at the time though would have you think he killed puppies for fun.

Take a breather people and get some damn perspective. Times are good at Spurs.

This.

Its quite funny that people are using last seasons brilliance as the reasons to get the knives out, almost as if we had a different manager last year......if they used an ounce of common sense, they would be using the logic that once he has a fit squad, he will be capable of recreating our form.

People can write off Sissoko, Jansson and Nkoudou etc all they want..I slated Lamela for two years and was made to look a cunt in the end as he's one of our most important players now.

The fact is that Pochettino is a very, very good manager, who develops players, brings through kids from the academy, and on our day can beat anyone. I actually dont care if we finish below the top 4 this season, as Im hoping this is just the start of a 20 year project at the club. The guy is just 44.....I know lets get LVG out of retirement shall we? ....Jose too, another has been. Football has changed, and the likes of Poch are the future....oh dont tell me we "should have pulled out all the stops for Conte, Pep or Klopp"....and then sack them for sitting in 5th with two thirds of the season left.

Pretty ironic to want him out on the basis that we dont look like putting in another title challenge, when it was he who gave us our first realistic shot at the title since 1987.

Someone made a great point about the gooners.....what utter cunts they are. Where are all the Wenger Out banners now?

Speaking from experience, you can set your stall out so hard that you say things you dont even believe, sometimes to just fuel your own perceived rage.

Did I despise AVB? Of course not...he was a man trying to do a job for this club. It didnt work out, and thats that. My posts at the time though would have you think he killed puppies for fun.

Take a breather people and get some damn perspective. Times are good at Spurs.

Your complete change in personality is very weird, but a good thing.

It is highly likely the current top 7 clubs will remain the top 7 come the end of the season (only justifiable question mark is Everton). So, of the top 7 it's Spurs and Chelsea who have had the hardest start having played against a team in the top 7 five times so far. Of these five games Spurs have had 3 away games, whilst Chelsea have played just one of theirs away from home, which they lost. AND in a couple of weeks we yet AGAIN go away to play Utd. (that would be 4 away games out of 6 games played).

Against Top 7
Chelsea LLWWW
Liverpool WDWD
Man City WLD
Arse LWDD
Spurs DDWDL
Utd LDLD
Everton DDL

You can takeaway what you wish from this, but for me I am positive. My optimism is the founded in the belief that the games each of the top 7 have against each other will determine the League this year, with each game being effectively a 6 pointer. With the exception of the Liverpool game (which we drew) we have more than held our own, whilst not being able to field our strongest team. Basically, points will be dropped by EVERY team (as is already the case). Surely Man City should be top given that they have ONLY played 3 games against the top 7, I said this before they played us, I'll say it again, they are not as good as we are being told by the media.

Out of that lot the teams that are playing the best are Chelsea and Liverpool, both without European football, statistics show that could be worth an additional 6 points over those that are in Europe! It would look like that Liverpools squad is about to be tested for the first time this season with injuries to Cuntinho, Lalahland and Firmimo, all couldn't have come at a worst time of year, marry Christmas! The scum really do look average, they have to be the luckiest side in the League this year but they absolutely will not be competitive across league CL, FA and LC these games will take their toll.

As for the Utd game in a couple of weeks, whilst we are playing away from home yet again, for the first time in as long as I can remember we are playing against a team who is on their way home from playing in Ukraine (a round trip of 4,000 miles!). Utd. are second in their group and so have not qualified yet, will no doubt have to take a first team with him even if they do not play. We on the other hand have a dead rubber at Wembley and can enjoy an extra days rest.

As we head into the most intensive time of year we have our players coming back from injury. And with the boys putting in a performance yesterday (more required, but can't tell you how much that performance has restored my ebbing confidence), the thought that all of our rivals above have still to play each other more than us, and the one team that has played as many as us has to play the majority of their "rival" games away from home, whilst the majority of ours are to be played at home. I'd say Poch has navigated the League well so far. This is why I can look past the the next game. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Like I said, altering your posts to try and save face. Found out as a fucking apprentice.
Just can't admit it can you.
Trying to get your "friends' to vouch for you and give you some agrees. How fucking childish is that. Fucking phoney.
Nighty night x

You do realize that it shows if a post has been edited, right? None of the posts you were talking about were edited. That's rather embarrassing.

However you cut it Poch provides the mindset, the stability to have an absolute floor of 6th place finish as he is the best person who can operate on a fraction of the wages and transfer kitty of the clubs above us (and one below us).

I tell you what I honestly think getting him as manager helped trigger to get the stadium under way as you need that stability for progress which so many others before could never provide.

With all that said Sissoko still an absolute mystery, but willing to wait and see if he does anything with us. Not since Gazza have we ever spent relatively Big money too well, the scouts finds and kids usually provide us with a lot of success than big money signings. Plus fact the scouts elsewhere are diabolical, for example the fact Toby did what Van Dijk is doing this season yet nobody noticed. I think Poch prefers development than the big money spend anyhow - suits us for now

We aren't that far behind, considering we have had a tough run of fixtures, our ground transition, many more key injuries than anyone else, and we have only lost ONE game in the league so far, in which we player well, away from home to the current top side, I really don't think we are doing bad. Let's see where we are come mid January.

Not really, he was never great at Newcastle and he won't be for spurs either. He didn't even make the bench on Saturday because he pissed pochy off by talking shit to the press

That's what I meant by mystery, the price, timing and the player we got all unusual for Poch and Spurs usual mantra

If he indeed said that i would be highly dissapointed. He reacts to Sissoko talking out of line (in his opinion) by talking out of line to the media himself?
Talk of sacking Poch is absolutely ridiculous but i will say he has way too much pride and sometines he just needs to relax. When he makes a decision on a player he doesnt forgive and simply banishes them from the squad (ade, kaboul, Benteleb). Hell even Wenger brought back Debunchey yesterday and Mourinho the same with Shweinsteiger.

If he indeed said that i would be highly dissapointed. He reacts to Sissoko talking out of line (in his opinion) by talking out of line to the media himself?
Talk of sacking Poch is absolutely ridiculous but i will say he has way too much pride and sometines he just needs to relax. When he makes a decision on a player he doesnt forgive and simply banishes them from the squad (ade, kaboul, Benteleb). Hell even Wenger brought back Debunchey yesterday and Mourinho the same with Shweinsteiger.

Poch's quotes are far more along the lines of his "players are paid to train" mantra than slagging Sissoko off. Also says he doesn't care who is paid what, high transfer fees and wages don't guarantee your position.

Talk of sacking Poch is absolutely ridiculous but i will say he has way too much pride and sometines he just needs to relax.

Poch often meets up with Fergie, doesn't he. The thing is, Fergie is deep down a manipulator of people (he was the one who pioneered mind games), whereas Poch is actually a good guy to the extent that he can't play mind games like Fergie or Mourinho. Fergie would drop a player as part of a strategy to break him down and rebuild him in his image (or ship him out). I don't think Poch has the nastiness in him to do this, he just drops them, and sells them. This could become an issue if Levy starts asking questions whilst he sees the value of the player plummet.

If we were mid table by February would anyone here want him sacked?
6e8898e5544b237220f88ade77e44705.jpg

Gloommonger

Back
Top Bottom