Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My feelings about a new manager has been reasonably the same over the years:-
1. Not another one to get used to!!!!
2.How long before he gets the tin-tack?
3. Will he stay in the job long enough for the tea lady to know how he takes his cuppa?
4. Can't be arsed to think of any more, but you get my drift

I have this feeling of excitement over Poch being appointed as manager(which I think a lot of people do). I really feel like the club is moving forward, but I was wondering, did you also have the same feeling of excitement when AVB, Ramos, Jol and 'arry were appointed as managers? Do you have more faith in Poch, than you had in the previous managers?

I wanted Jol before they gave it to Santini. I thought the whole Ramos thing was a crock, but we had the 5-1 and the League Cup. When we got Harry I was pleased, I thought he would sort us out. AVB did nothing for me. I'm excited about Poch - I wanted FDB initially - but the positive comments coming from people that know the guy have got me thinking he could really do something with us - given time.

I wanted Jol before they gave it to Santini. I thought the whole Ramos thing was a crock, but we had the 5-1 and the League Cup. When we got Harry I was pleased, I thought he would sort us out. AVB did nothing for me. I'm excited about Poch - I wanted FDB initially - but the positive comments coming from people that know the guy have got me thinking he could really do something with us - given time.
Yep, sums it up. I guess we all hope he is at least given time
if we lose to wet spam - Poch out!
:pochlol:

VioletCalculatingAsianporcupine.gif

FreeBlondAruanas.gif

iZ0ieildDHly7.gif

iXJI4nxmxVfaF.gif

avbgif.gif

avb-push.gif

Football is a great sport.
FUnqNLq.gif

Last edited:
I have no links, but he said something along the lines of....
"theres no targets this season so he cant promise the fans anything but one day he wants to win the league with us"
:pochlol:

...and I hope in 60 years time, they'll be commemorating that quote in the 2074/75 home shirts.....
Has a real 'even failure will have an echo of glory' feel to it!!!

Poch:
“Always the result is important, but just as important is the ride you take to get to the result,” said Pochettino at Spurs’ Enfield training ground, in his first major press engagement since leaving Southampton for Tottenham in May.

“For me, it is about exciting football, pressing high, playing with flair – this is our philosophy that we want to get down. We want to put all these things in place.”

“For me it’s an honour to be head coach of Tottenham,” Pochettino said. “It’s a big club. They have big facilities, big fans. It’s a club for achieving things and being successful. I am ambitious. Now we start to develop our style and our philosophy. The most important thing is to believe in that.”

“We know Erik Lamela from Argentina and Italy,” Pochettino said. “But he is still young and the Premier League is the most difficult league to play, the style, the language, and to adapt, but now after one year in Tottenham we think and we believe that Erik is ready to show his quality.”

”My philosophy is to give a freer style with a good organisation,” Pochettino said. “Not only with Erik but with other players, unbelievable players, on the ball to create a different action. The most important thing is to create a good organisation and a good shape for our players to be comfortable and to show their real qualities. It is important to know that he is still young and he moved to England and it is difficult to adapt. This league is the most competitive league in the world.”

“My challenge is not only Erik Lamela but all players,” he said, “to get the best football and get the best skill and desire to use for the team. This is our challenge.”

“I have not been given any targets,” he said. “My personal target? To win every game and if you do that right to the end of the season it is possible you win some trophies. That is always my ambition.”

Back
Top Bottom